• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I have been reading several threads dealing with the 'trinity' and 'oneness' and I thought I might assist in trying to explain the Godhead.

The word 'z'roah' in Hebrew means ARM. Think of your ARM. Your arm is attached to your body, is part of your body, yet will not do anything independently of your head. It always follows what your mind tells it. It works in conjunction with your head, yet at the same time is a distinct part of the body. With that being said, let's dive into the scriptures.

Isaiah 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Think about it -- God made bare HIS Z'ROAH!

Isaiah 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Because there was no one to intercede, God's Z'ROAH brought salvation unto himself and the Z'ROAH's righteousness sustained Him!

Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

The Z'ROAH of the Lord wounded the dragon!

Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

The Z'ROAH of the Lord shall judge the people!

Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

The Z'ROAH of the LORD shall RULE for HIM and with HIM comes His reward!

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53 is the famous passage describing why Jesus had to suffer! Has the Z'ROAH of the Lord been revealed to you?

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

Some more scriptures --

Jeremiah 27:4-5 And command them to say unto their masters, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Thus shall ye say unto your masters; I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

Jeremiah 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

The Z'ROAH of the Lord was an integral part of creation!

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

Isaiah 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

When God roles up His sleeves, LOOK OUT!

all kidding aside, this is interesting. What's next?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No! No! No!

It's "When He rolls up His sleeves / He ain't just puttin' on the ritz / Our God is and awesome God . . . "

:music: :blink:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

I thought the ritz was a cracker?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward

Another verse dealing with the Z'roah of God --

Exodus 6:6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

Interestingly, the arm of God was bringing Israel out of burdens, and out of bondage! The right arm of God redeemed His people. He's in the same business today!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Another verse dealing with the Z'roah of God --

Exodus 6:6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

Interestingly, the arm of God was bringing Israel out of burdens, and out of bondage! The right arm of God redeemed His people. He's in the same business today!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Amen Brother George,

We must not forget the Power of His Arm, lest we become discouraged. He will Save His people again! His display will be Grand!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I have been reading several threads dealing with the 'trinity' and 'oneness' and I thought I might assist in trying to explain the Godhead.

The word 'z'roah' in Hebrew means ARM. Think of your ARM. Your arm is attached to your body, is part of your body, yet will not do anything independently of your head. It always follows what your mind tells it. It works in conjunction with your head, yet at the same time is a distinct part of the body. With that being said, let's dive into the scriptures.

Think about it -- God made bare HIS Z'ROAH!

Isaiah 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Because there was no one to intercede, God's Z'ROAH brought salvation unto himself and the Z'ROAH's righteousness sustained Him!

Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

The Z'ROAH of the Lord wounded the dragon!

Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

The Z'ROAH of the Lord shall judge the people!

Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

The Z'ROAH of the LORD shall RULE for HIM and with HIM comes His reward!

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53 is the famous passage describing why Jesus had to suffer! Has the Z'ROAH of the Lord been revealed to you?

George

Hello George,

The arms of the Lord are also those who are obedient to do his bidding.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Interesting subject!

The quote from Isaiah is mentioned in John:

John 12:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

John is directly saying Christ is and was the Arm of the Lord.

• Loved it! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi, i am new to the board, but not the Bible:

I am responding to the threadholder. I agree, there is only One God, He is Spirit. The word "throne" is never pluralized, as there is only One God.

At first, awhile back, I did not really think that the trinity issue was a salvation issue, but have come to the conclusion that is very much is so.

What I am amazed at is how many well intended folks feal totally at ease using words that are not in the Bible. Of course, this is what we can read about in Gen 3 w/ Eve, and the temptation of Christ in the Gospels. satan just adds a little twist, a small addition, just ever so slightly exchanging one principal for another.

The fact is, a half truth is a whole lie. Regarding the trinity, I cannot seem to get away from the acceptability of the term. Lets face it. trinity means three. and we are told very very many times that there is only One God, there are no others, and never will be any others.

What I have never seen is how the "trinity" folks reconcile their One God verses with the idea of 3.

AND there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: Isaiah 11:1

And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; Isaiah 11: 2

And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: Isaiah 11: 3

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. Isaiah 11: 4

And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. Isaiah 11: 5

God sent His own Hand or arm into the physical world to make a covenant. The "Spirit" which rested on Jesus was like a dove and not a man.

BEHOLD, the Lords hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: Isaiah 59:1

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2

Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey. And the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. Isaiah 59:15

And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. Isaiah 59:16

BEHOLD, the Lords hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: Isaiah 59:1

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2

Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey. And the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. Isaiah 59:15

And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. Isaiah 59:16

Paul noted that God "removed His Glory" and Isaiah notes that:

He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak. Isaiah 59:17

God would come to pour out wrath upon His enemies with His Spirit. This is the same image as the creative process, the Flood event and the Red Sea event:

According to what they have done, so will he repay wrath to his enemies and retribution to his foes; he will repay the islands their due. Isaiah 59:18

From the west, men will fear the name of the LORD, and from the rising of the sun, they will revere his glory. For he will come like a pent-up flood that the breath (SPIRIT) of the LORD drives along. Isaiah 59:19NIV

Or 'When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD will put him to flight'

This flood is what comes out of the mouth of the "serpent" and it is false teaching. (Rev 12:15-16)

The ARM of God is the Redeemer or Intercessor who "changes clothes" from that of Glory to that of a human "wearing" righteousness and justice:

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. Isaiah 59:20

So we have God, the Spirit and the Redeemer but we do not have three "people."

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord;

My spirit that is upon thee, and

my words which I have put in thy mouth,

The Lord hath sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give thy corn to be meat for thine enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink thy wine, for the which thou hast laboured: Isaiah 62:8

Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation (Yesha) cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. Isaiah 62:11

shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seeds seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever. Isaiah 59:21

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

God's "Arm" would pour out or expel His "breath" or spirit and the results would be "words."

God's Throne is His Covering of Majesty:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:7

The throne is not a chair but primarily a covering:

Kicce (h3678) kis-say'; kis-say'; from 3680; prop. covered, i. e. a throne (as canopied): - seat, stool, throne

Kacah (h3680) kaw-saw'; a prim. root; prop. to plump, i. e. fill up hollows; by impl. to cover (for clothing or secrecy): - clad self, close, clothe, conceal, cover (self), (flee to) hide, overwhelm. Comp. 3780.

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. Hab.2:14

What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? Hab 2:18

Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it. Hab 2:19

But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. Hab 2:20

God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise. Hab.3:3

Zechariah said of the Branch:

It is he who will build the temple of the LORD, and

he will be clothed with majesty and

1. will sit and rule on his throne. And he

2. will be a priest on his throne. And

there will be harmony between the two.' Zechariah 6:13

God emptied Himself or removed His Covering of Glory to live in the tabernacle of human flesh:

Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ, Philippians 2:5,NIV

who, though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, Philippians 2:6

but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. (form of) Philippians 2:7

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: Philippians 2:7KJV

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. John 5:19

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. John 5:30

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. John 12:50

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, Acts 7:55

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:56

He did not see God because no man has or can see God who is pure or Holy, invisible Spirit.

And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young mans feet, whose name was Saul. Acts 7:58

And they stoned Stephen,

calling upon God, and

saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Acts 7:59

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28

God put off the clothing of glory and put on Jesus who was then full Deity:

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily Colossians 2:9 .

Stephen did not see two on the throne. He saw the visible or "seeable" form of God in Jesus Christ. This agrees with the prophecy of Zechariah.

NOW of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne (power) of the Majesty (greatness or Divinity) in the heavens; Hebrews 8:1

A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. Hebrews 8:2

And Paul said:

For our conversation (community) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Phil 3:20

The Name of the "Branch" would be Jesus or Joshua meaning "Jehovah-Saves." This is the usual hyphenated name showing that the Spirit God works through visible agencies.

And no one has ever suggested that Yehvah is composed of three people.

Paul showed that a person with the Spirit of God has the mind of Christ:

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. -- 1 Corinthians 2:13NIV

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. -- 1 Corinthians 2:14

The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: 1 Corinthians 2:15

For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

Spirit is a neuter word. It was an existing word meaning wind or breath. Because the wind is invisible but carries great power, it was the word God used to show that He is pure (holy) Spirit Who cannot be seen. He does not live in the dimension of time (past, present and future) or space (left-right, forward-backward or up-down).

Yet, God created this space-time universe for His own glory. Therefore, when He "reaches in" to manipulate the world, He "decides" with his "mind" or "spirit" and then makes Himself an "arm" or "shoulder" or "nostril" or "mouth" double-edged sword. These are all human terms used to illustrate God's Spirit power over the physical universe.

Paul in the above passage shows that God's Spirit or Mind is the Mind of Christ.

This agrees with the fact that Spirit in Hebrew and Greek speaks of the mental attributes of man or God. When Scripture speaks in terms of a personal pronoun, the Spirit is the Spirit of Christ. This is why Spirit is a Him as Wisdom is a She. The word mind has much the same meaning as spirit.

Prophecies of the Old Testament and the statements in the New Testament show God "making a round trip and more." For instance,

Because there was no human Intercessor and there obviously was no junior member of the God family to send, God sent Himself as Intercessor and Redeemer or, to us, as His Arm.

Zechariah and others prophesied of One God as King and Priest on one throne. There would be harmony between them both or between the two (Offices).

God is "clothed in majesty" and is not visible to human eyes.

And a flaming sword which turned every way to keep the way of the tree of life