• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Therefore,

The Word, as God, laid aside His garment or clothing of majesty and glory.

He occupied the "tent" of a human body previously "prepared for Him."

This made God visible through an image of Himself

Jesus claimed that the Spirit "Father" was with Him. He had the Father in Him. When you saw the Son you saw the Father. Thomas made the great confession which enfolded Lord (ruler) and God (Sole Creator) into One body: Lord, Jesus Christ (or Spirit anointed)

After His crucifixion, Christ promised to return as the One Comforter and Spirit of Truth. This Comfort was to continue teaching in Spirit form to keep the apostles from being orphans.

He taught, suffered and died as a man to "manifest God in the flesh."

He was validated by His resurrection by His own Glory.

He was reclothed with the Majesty or Glory He, as God, laid aside to become human.

He returned on the day of Pentecost as Father-Son to indwell the apostles as promised. The name in which all authority was vested was Jesus or Jehovah-Saves.

continued for edifycation:

He saw God on the Throne but He spoke to Jesus Christ.

Jesus appeared as the "Spirit of the Lord" Who taught Paul and responded to the needs of others.

He is Almighty God and Father in that believers are adopted as sons unto Jesus Christ.

Our citizenship is transferred to the Spirit realm where the total God lives within and walks among the "building blocks" of His "Temple" which is the church, the body of Christ over which He is Head which, naturally, contains the Spirit or Mind of Christ.

The "fruit of the Spirit" in our lives is wrought by Christ in us as we are in Him.

He will come again as the Son of Man to receive us to Himself so that we can witness the great Glory He laid aside to put on the garment of Majesty and Glory.

Martin Luther Denied that there were two persons on the throne

Jesus spoke to the masses with parables because they were blind and deaf because they really did not want to hear Him. With this in mind, it is possible to hear Stephen describe what He saw on the throne of God and the throne of Christ and with Whom He spoke.

God's prophesied plan was recorded by Zechariah who showed that God would rule as King and Priest. "They" will sit on one the one throne and throne of Christ and there will be "harmony between the two":

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the (1) Lord. Zechariah 2:10

And many nations shall be joined to the (2) Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the (2) Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee. Zechariah 2:11

As Jesus agreed that the Shema or the statement that God is One is the starting point of any creed, Paul agreed that the mystery of godliness or "the gospel scheme" is:

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was One

manifest in the flesh, Still One

justified in the Spirit, Still One

seen of angels,

preached unto the Gentiles,

believed on in the world,

received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16 The same glory he laid aside to become man.

The Lord and the Lord Sit as One on One Throne

Zechariah prophesied that Messiah would bear the name of Jehovah-Saves, Joshua or Jesus. The One God would be a King and a priest and they would sit on one throne.

And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord: Zechariah 6:12

Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall (1) bear the glory (Majesty NIV), and shall (2) sit and rule upon his throne; and (3) he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace (harmony) shall be between them both. Zechariah 6:13

And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the Lord, and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God. Zechariah 6:15

The Psalmist sees the Lord sending the Lord to sit at the Lord's Right

THE Lord (Jehovah) said unto my Lord (Adonai), Sit thou at my Right, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. Psalm 110:1 Correction: * This should be Adoni see review below.

The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Psalm 110:2

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties Psalm 110:3

The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. Psalm 110:4

The Lord at thy Right shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. Psalm 110:5

His Glory was laid aside on the throne of God to become a visible Son

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Philippians 2:6

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: Philippians 2:7 [emptied Himself or removed His garment of Glory)

but laid aside his mighty power and glory (or emptied Himself], taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. Philippians 2:7LIV

After that he appeared in another form [morphe or adjustment of parts] unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. Mark 16:12

He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. John 13:4

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John3:16

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. John 10:17

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. John 10:18

All that we think of as God is involved in every act:

PAUL, an apostle, [not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;] Gal 1:1

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. 1 Thess 1:10

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Rom 8:11

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. John 2:19

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost (as revelation), looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, Acts 7:55

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:56

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, Acts 7:57

And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young mans feet, whose name was Saul. Acts 7:58

[The man], Jesus, cried with a loud voice and commended (placed alongside for safekeeping) His Spirit into the Father's "hand." Then He gave up His human spirit. [Luke 23:46]

When the "tabernacle" or "fold of the garment" of His flesh died, Jesus, the man, put His spirit into the Father's hand.

For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 1 Peter 3:18

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

John 12: 44 Jesus cried out and said, "He that believeth in Me, believeth not in Me, but in Him that sent Me.

45 And he that seeth Me, seeth Him that sent Me.

Who sits on what throne?

Christ is Elohim, He is Jehova, He is the I AM THAT I AM, He is God Almighty, He is the Self Existent One, He is the Word, He is the Logos, He is El, He is our Shield, He is Lord, He is God, even the Lamb which was slain before the foundation of the World.

He is the God of Every Name that is God. There are no others.

One can do this with every Name of God for you see, they are THE SAME?

Every Name Depicts That It Is Christ That Is The Name Of God.

In His Honor,

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Matthew 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Here, we see He has only revealed this to those

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

cont 4 edifycation purposes, [last one]

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), AND THE HOLY SPIRIT; and these three are one."

I John 5:8 "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

are G1526

eisi

i-see'

Third person plural present indicative of G1510; they are: - agree, are, be, dure, X is, were.

G1510

eimi

i-mee'

First person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist (used only when emphatic): - am, have been, X it is I, was. See also G1488, G1498, G1511, G1527, G2258, G2071, G2070, G2075, G2076, G2771, G2468, G5600.

When the Holy Spirit is directing one, John in this case, to write, the HS could have used the word agree, but chose, rather, to use the word

Edited by sail2awe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest godlywoman413

Interesting!

The Arm of God; I did not know that's what Z'ROAH meant. It is amazing the things one can learn here at this website.

:):D

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I have been reading several threads dealing with the 'trinity' and 'oneness' and I thought I might assist in trying to explain the Godhead.

The word 'z'roah' in Hebrew means ARM. Think of your ARM. Your arm is attached to your body, is part of your body, yet will not do anything independently of your head. It always follows what your mind tells it. It works in conjunction with your head, yet at the same time is a distinct part of the body. With that being said, let's dive into the scriptures.

Isaiah 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Think about it -- God made bare HIS Z'ROAH!

Isaiah 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Because there was no one to intercede, God's Z'ROAH brought salvation unto himself and the Z'ROAH's righteousness sustained Him!

Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

The Z'ROAH of the Lord wounded the dragon!

Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

The Z'ROAH of the Lord shall judge the people!

Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

The Z'ROAH of the LORD shall RULE for HIM and with HIM comes His reward!

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53 is the famous passage describing why Jesus had to suffer! Has the Z'ROAH of the Lord been revealed to you?

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

George, I am reading a book on the seven festivals. In it, it says that only in Jerusalem could a lamb be killed for passover. That if one could not go there a substitute could be used. This substitute was the shank of a lamb, called the zeroah - the arm. It references Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Is there a difference in meaning in Z'roah, and zeroah?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

2 more from the psalms:

Psalm 98:10

sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

Psalm 118:15

The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

HALLELUJAH

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I have been reading several threads dealing with the 'trinity' and 'oneness' and I thought I might assist in trying to explain the Godhead.

The word 'z'roah' in Hebrew means ARM. Think of your ARM. Your arm is attached to your body, is part of your body, yet will not do anything independently of your head. It always follows what your mind tells it. It works in conjunction with your head, yet at the same time is a distinct part of the body. With that being said, let's dive into the scriptures.

Isaiah 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Think about it -- God made bare HIS Z'ROAH!

Isaiah 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Because there was no one to intercede, God's Z'ROAH brought salvation unto himself and the Z'ROAH's righteousness sustained Him!

Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

The Z'ROAH of the Lord wounded the dragon!

Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

The Z'ROAH of the Lord shall judge the people!

Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

The Z'ROAH of the LORD shall RULE for HIM and with HIM comes His reward!

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53 is the famous passage describing why Jesus had to suffer! Has the Z'ROAH of the Lord been revealed to you?

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

George, I am reading a book on the seven festivals. In it, it says that only in Jerusalem could a lamb be killed for passover. That if one could not go there a substitute could be used. This substitute was the shank of a lamb, called the zeroah - the arm. It references Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Is there a difference in meaning in Z'roah, and zeroah?

Hi Trav...not trying to masquerade as George, but both 'z'roah', and 'zeroah' are the same word..when translated from the hebrew people ofter put a vowel in place of what is really a silent vowel in the hebrew represented by : and is called a sheva' that goes beneath the letter...George has just spelt it the way it sounds in hebrew with the 'z' and the 'r' almost running into each other, but enough of a hesitation to stop it which in english has been represented with the ' otherwise it would simply be 'zroah'.

A quote from 'The Voice says....

zeroah: "arm," the roasted shank bone of a lamb that is symbolic of the Passover lamb, both the lambs that were killed in Egypt for the first Passover, but also for the sacrificial lambs offered in the Temple to commemorate Passover. Some Jews understand the bone also to symbolize the arm of God outstretched to help his people in times of trouble. Since there are no longer Temple sacrifices, no lamb or any other roasted meat is eaten at Passover. Some households use a chicken neck in place of the shank bone, and vegetarians often use beets to replace the shank bone on the seder plate, with the red beets and juice symbolizing the blood of the lamb that was used to mark the door posts of the houses.

A quote from Sound a trumpet says...

At the time of Jesus, thousands traveled to Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover. They not only had to prepare for their own observance of the Passover meal, but they had to find a place to hold it. The residents in Jerusalem were prepared for this influx of people every year and they opened their homes to provide rooms for complete families and large groups to gather together.

Many pitched tents in the hills surrounding Jerusalem and most of the small communities in the vicinity of Jerusalem were also overflowing with visitors.

The people had to come to the Temple in Jerusalem to sacrifice their lambs. It was the only place that God allowed the sacrifice to take place (Deut. 16:5-7). Those who did not travel to Jerusalem did not sacrifice a lamb. They held a Passover celebration much as the Jews do today, but without the actual sacrifice of a lamb.

On Nisan 14, when God commanded that the lambs were to be slain, every Levitical Priest in the land was on duty. Thousands of lambs had to be slain at the Temple and the blood poured out on the base of the altar. The people then had to take their lambs back to where they were residing and roast the lamb in preparation for the meal to be eaten that night after the sun had set.

When you look up the verse in Deuteronomy, you see the reference to where the passover sacrifice of a lamb can take place...it does not specifically say Jerusalem, but it becomes apparent that it is and can only be Jerusalem.

Deut 16:5

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you Botz :24: And yes, it is Chumney that I am reading. It's very good. I just finished the chapter dealing with Jesus fulfilling the Passover. Incredible in detail!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

This is all fascinating to me, even though much of it is "over my head" without digging deeper than what I'm accustomed to doing. I've always thought of the Trinity as being reflective of my being created in God's image, using the simplification of King James English. That is, since "He" is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I am one also but with three intregal parts: body, soul, and spirit. And I figure if God the Father knew how to give birth to Himself as His only begotten Son via His Spirit coming on a vessel of His choosing (Mary), it ought to be no great task for Him to know how to give "re-birth" to any of His other created human-vessels. A lot of what the Word says I just take at face-value because I get weary very quickly attaining to high knowledge on my own. You might say I've become addicted to the freedom of carefree simplicity; ever Naphtali, the hind let loose. Nevertheless, I do have a lot of admiration and respect for those who think on a higher-level as a matter of course and who are kind enough to share it with others, as I see done here in many places. :thumbsup: