c7l14

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What do you think was God's role on the flooding of New Orleans in late August/early September 2005 due to Hurricane Katrina?

What it God's will that it flooded?

Was He 100% involved?

0% involved?

50% involved?

If He was involved, why didn't He prevent it from happening?

Could He have prevented it?

Why do you think it happened?

What should the inhabitants of New Orleans do to prevent another similar or worse disaster than that from happenning again?

Are they doing it? (whatever your answer is)

May the love of Jesus be in us

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hoo-boy . . . the last time we discussed this topic, several separate threads on the subject had to be deleted because the debate got too heated and too personal.

Opinion ran from it was nothing more than a natural phenomenon to it was God's judgment on New Orleans for its sin to it was God's judgment on George W. Bush for betraying Israel.

Let's see if we can keep this discussion civil this time. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

God's role in the flooding of New Orleans? Hmm, let's see...

God made the earth. God made the land New Orleans sits on below sea level.

Men built a city on that land. Men named that city New Orleans.

God rolled his eyes, and let nature run its course.

That's the way I see it :laugh:

It was a warning sent to America and was a judgement on GW Bush and our collective sin...but administered in & through New Orleans. His adminstration has been going downhill since...and our energy prices and crimes rates and internal strife has been going up

To whom much is given much is required.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58

God is sovereign over everyting, so He certainly was involved. However, trying ot ascertain a direct relationship between the hurricane and other events is always dangerous. We need to be careful as believers that we to not communicate something about God, that He did not intend to communicate

God is sovereign over everyting, so He certainly was involved. However, trying ot ascertain a direct relationship between the hurricane and other events is always dangerous. We need to be careful as believers that we to not communicate something about God, that He did not intend to communicate

I agree.

Yet I don't think we should ignore what He's telling us.

And I'll keep repeating it as many times as necessary...I personally know thousands of people who were warning of a catastrophe like this before it happened based on our pressure on Israel to give away land.

Although I didn't guess the way it would happen correctly (I thought it would be islamic terrorism), two weeks in advance on these very forums I posted what we would see on the day of the Gaza pullout. People fighting over water, anarchy in the streets, gas prices shooting up to unprecedented levels. I was %100 correct but it was localized to a specific area for the most part.

And...

Bill Koenig, a major-media White House correspondent, published a book 6 months earlier than that with Bush superimposed over a hurricane with the same warnings. In this book, he documents how 14 of the 15 largest natural disasters in American history came within 24 hours of an initiative to give away Israel to her enemies.

Coincedence?

If you can accept an unbroken string of 49 coincedences in a row, then maybe so

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58

I agree.

Yet I don't think we should ignore what He's telling us.

And I'll keep repeating it as many times as necessary...I personally know thousands of people who were warning of a catastrophe like this before it happened based on our pressure on Israel to give away land.

Although I didn't guess the way it would happen correctly (I thought it would be islamic terrorism), two weeks in advance on these very forums I posted what we would see on the day of the Gaza pullout. People fighting over water, anarchy in the streets, gas prices shooting up to unprecedented levels. I was %100 correct but it was localized to a specific area for the most part.

And...

Bill Koenig, a major-media White House correspondent, published a book 6 months earlier than that with Bush superimposed over a hurricane with the same warnings. In this book, he documents how 14 of the 15 largest natural disasters in American history came within 24 hours of an initiative to give away Israel to her enemies.

Coincedence?

If you can accept an unbroken string of 49 coincedences in a row, then maybe so

We will have to agree to disagree on this

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Here we go again.

:P

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

John 9

1. And as he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth.

2. And his disciples asked him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man, or his parents, that he should be born blind?

3. Jesus answered, Neither did this man sin, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

'c7l14'

What do you think was God's role on the flooding of New Orleans in late August/early September 2005 due to Hurricane Katrina?

God's role has always been to be the Sovereign God that He has always been in the world in which we live in that is subject to natural disasters and no promise of tomorrow. For God didn't stop being Sovereign because of this terrible tragedy that occured. For God was there in so many ways bringing comfort and help to those people in need as it was the enemy who meant it for bad to destroy so many with but God was there bringing restoration and healing putting lives back together again despite all the terribleness and pain of it all.

What it God's will that it flooded?

No, I do not believe it was the will of God that it flooded as the book of Job gives us a lesson on the power that Satan has over the weather as Satan was permitted to tempt Job to give up his faith and trust in God in Job 1:19 Satan caused a great wind to come up and caused it to strike the four corners of the house where all of Jobs sons and daughters were at and it killed them all and still Job did not give in to the temptations of Satan to throw his faith and trust aside from God but instead Job clung to God amidst all of that tragedy that happened.

So what I am trying to say is not everything that bad happens is the result of God doing it even though God may permit it as our faith will be tested in this life if we are a Christian for sure as we are told in the book of James to count it all joy when we fall into divers temptations because we know our faith will come out more precious than gold if we do not give up our faith and hold on to it despite what the enemy brings into our lives to destroy us with. So I would say that the people in New Orleans was being tested like Job and many of those people's faith I am confident came out the more stronger for having gone through it though it was not a fun thing but one filled with so much pain and heartache as so many lost everything they had like Job but those who clung to God like Job I'm sure are the richer for it and God restoration is being done in their lives. And I know that those who cast their faith aside Satan had the pleasure of destroying so many during this tragedy as many blamed God and we destroyed faith wise. But not all tragedy is a judgment of God that happens but a test to see who we will serve when we have been through the fire tested and tried.

Was He 100% involved?

If He was involved, why didn't He prevent it from happening?

Could He have prevented it?

yes to all of the above God is always involved in the affairs of this life never think otherwise. God can see further down the road than we can and one does not know how really strong in thier faith they really are until testing time comes to them that is why I have learned not to boast in this avenue of things because until I've been tested and tried I can't know for myself how strong my faith is and that is what God is using the tragedies and things that happen in this life for to make our faith strong which when we get over to the other side will be much more precious to us than gold as our overcoming faith in Him will be more valuable than that of gold.

Why do you think it happened?

Sometimes things bad happen and in those bad things going on many turn to God out of the midst of tragedy they find hope in God and that is a good thing even though a bad thing has happened.

What should the inhabitants of New Orleans do to prevent another similar or worse disaster than that from happenning again?

Well this is kind of a stickler here as there is so much that could have been done to prevent the flooding from happening to the extent that it did. The people of New Orleans knew the levy needed fixing but ignored it for so long and as a result of them not watching out for the citizens there well so many had to pay the piper for their leaders neglect in that area. No one can prevent another storm from coming but they can better prepare and elect leaders that are out for their best interest and will see to it that the money of New Orleans is appropriated in the best place possible in order to keep the citizens safe from the storms that can so easy come and destroy so much. They can fix the levy or the people of New Orleans will have to move away to higher ground to prevent future flooding.

Just my own opinions of the matter

Are they doing it? (whatever your answer is)

Me personally I don't think the leaders there will do the necessary things that need to be done they will again build up the city and go on as normal in that way of things. Somethings may change as far as getting the people out of the city in this type situation again but still think if it should happen again they would still be unprepared.

But this is all my personal opinion on it.

OC