George

For first time visitors!

Dear friend,

Tell me, have you ever thought about Jesus? Who is he? Take a guess.

a) A great man?

b) A prophet?

c) The only begotten Son of God, the Messiah?

d) All of the above?

The answer is D, all of the above! Not only is Jesus a great man and a prophet, the Bible says that He is the Son of God, the Messiah, who died so that you and I could be free from our sin and enjoy eternal life with Him.

You may be saying...."Well, I'm not sinful!"

Not true! The Bible says that "all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23), "there is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10), and that even our "good works are like filthy rags before God." (Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. )

One day, each of us will stand before God and be judged. "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27) What will He say to you? Will He say,"Well done my good and faithful servant?" (Matthew 25:21).....or will He say "Depart from me, I never knew you." (Matthew 7:23)

Sin entered the world when man sinned at the Garden of Eden.

If you remember, God gave Adam all he could ever want -- a beautiful haven of trees, flowers, fruit and vegetables which grew without hard toil. A river ran through the lovely garden, watering it. God gave Adam all the animals, which were kind to him and one another. He made Adam to rule over this garden and all that was in it. If that wasn't enough, He gave Adam a suitable helper (Eve) with whom to share it.

All this, he freely gave to man for his enjoyment.

There was one tree in that garden, however, which God commanded the two "...you must not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it, you shall surely die." (Genesis 2:17)

One day, the serpent, which was more crafty than all of the other animals, approached Eve and tempted her to eat of this tree. He lied to her, saying "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:5) When she saw that the fruit was pleasing to the eye and also desirable for gaining wisdom, Eve took of the fruit and also gave some to Adam.

Adam and Eve were banned from the Garden of Eden once and for all...and likewise were each of us banned from God's presence because the sinful nature we inherited from Adam. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."(Romans 5:12)

You see, God wants to give us good things, but He gives us a choice.

Will we listen to His voice? Or will we listen to the voice of the one who wants to ban us from God's presence?

But God is a gentleman. He desires our obedience (because He cares for us so much and wants us to prosper), but He will not force it upon us! He wants us to love Him above all else. He wants us to want to know Him, not to feel forced to do so.

However, one of His promises to us is that those who seek Him will find Him! "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart"(Jeremiah 29:13).

"Well, ok", you might say...."I am seeking God...so does that mean that He hears me and will give me eternal life?

No.

Since the day that Adam and Eve were banished, the only way that God would hear us is if there was a blood sacrifice made on our behalf. Long ago, in the days of old, each month, the high priest would find a perfect animal, (one without blemish, often a lamb), and slay it on the altar in order that that the sins of the people would be atoned. "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" (Leviticus 17:11).

Several of the prophets in the Old Testament spoke of One who would come to make final atonement for our sins. He would be the perfect and final sacrifice. They told of where He would be born, what He would do, how He would come, when he would come, and even how he would die. (Micah 5:2; Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 53; Daniel 9:23-27; Psalm 22).

Who is this One of whom they spoke??

It is clearly Jesus the Messiah!

He came to do what no man could do for himself.

"So what must I do?" you ask?

All we need to do is receive the gift of salvation which was given almost 2000 years ago. There is no salvation in any one church or religion but only in Jesus. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Today, dear friend, is the day of salvation. This is the most important decision you will ever make....and the most exciting one. "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."(Romans 10:9,10).

If you feel your heart tugging, this is your day. Pray this prayer to the Lord -- we will stand with you in it!

Jesus, I come to you realizing I am a sinner and that I deserve eternal death. Please forgive me and help me to turn from my sins. I believe you came, died and rose again from the grave and that in you, and you alone, I have victory. I'm asking you, Lord, that you would write my name in the book of life. I accept your free gift of eternal life and I believe that you paid for my sins in full. Thank you for giving your life for me. Amen.

If you said this prayer -- this is just the beginning! You have your whole life ahead of you! God has a plan for your life that you couldn't imagine! Please let us know that you made a commitment to the Lord. We would love to encourage you in it!