• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Still pondering this myself. What do you guys think?

And remember SELF defense. I'm not talking about defending anyone else.

Based on the answer, I would have to change my mind on a lot of things. It's a serios thing, don't you think?

This is something I've thought a lot about. There was a group of missionaries (I think it was the group that "End of the SPear" was based on) who brought rifles for the sake of hunting, but not for defense. As one told his wife, he was prepared for death and eternity, while those to whom he was going to speak were not.

I believe this same attitude ought to be taken when it comes to self defense. My soul is prepared, and death is not a threat to me... but my killing of another to save my own life -will- condemn him, if he isn't saved (and I think it's safe to assume, if you are in a position where "self defense" is an option, he probably isn't). And let's not forget the words of Jesus: "whoever would save his life will lose it..."

Having said that, I do draw distinction between this and home and family defense, as well as national defense. I think every American citizen ought to own a gun, and be willing to fight to defend his family and his neigbors.

WhaT??? Are you nuts! If someone wants to attack me and try to kill me, he's going to be taking the great celestial dirt nap before he realizes it. IF he isn't prepared to meet God then thats his problem. I have family that depends on me being alive and i am not going to be the one whos dying for a lowlife scumbag

I can understand that; but I can't help but feel grateful Jesus didn't have the same attitude. :UsA_smilie:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Yes, you have a right to defend yourself when attacked.

The question is, how far do you take "self defense". Once defense becomes a first-strike offense situation is when it gets in a gray area.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

The question is, how far do you take "self defense". Once defense becomes a first-strike offense situation is when it gets in a gray area.

no question about it, make sure the attacker is dead. thats how far you take it.

Dead man can't testify against you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2

no question about it, make sure the attacker is dead. thats how far you take it.

Are we related?? :UsA_smilie:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Based on the answer, I would have to change my mind on a lot of things. It's a serios thing, don't you think?

This is something I've thought a lot about. There was a group of missionaries (I think it was the group that "End of the SPear" was based on) who brought rifles for the sake of hunting, but not for defense. As one told his wife, he was prepared for death and eternity, while those to whom he was going to speak were not.

I believe this same attitude ought to be taken when it comes to self defense. My soul is prepared, and death is not a threat to me... but my killing of another to save my own life -will- condemn him, if he isn't saved (and I think it's safe to assume, if you are in a position where "self defense" is an option, he probably isn't). And let's not forget the words of Jesus: "whoever would save his life will lose it..."

Having said that, I do draw distinction between this and home and family defense, as well as national defense. I think every American citizen ought to own a gun, and be willing to fight to defend his family and his neigbors.

WhaT??? Are you nuts! If someone wants to attack me and try to kill me, he's going to be taking the great celestial dirt nap before he realizes it. IF he isn't prepared to meet God then thats his problem. I have family that depends on me being alive and i am not going to be the one whos dying for a lowlife scumbag

Just a couple of verses to ponder. Maybe you can come up with some to support your position instead of just saying that those in opposition are "nuts"

Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Pr 25:21

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I was taught or learned that you use enough force to stop the attack and be able to get away. If you are in fear of your life, then deadly force is acceptable. Ever since God gave Moses the law of sanctuary, it has been valid.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

Well I have spent a good portion of my life learning martial arts. While I havent been training the last few years I believe that we should defend the body that God gave us. If anyone wants to kill my body I will not hate them or curse but I wont give up my life unless God specifically asks it. My body is a temple and it will be treated as such.

Sean

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/04/1970

Sweetie,

I used to worry about self defense and all that stuff but then I realized that I was not trusting God. Your probably saying HUH? Well, I look at it this way, I can walk right through the roughest neighbourhood in the worst city out there and God wont let me die or be harmed unless its his Will. I trust him with my safety, I trust him with my everything, so I dont worry about self defense. Plus, I have learned if you speak the truth, softly, with compassion, most people will just melt and will turn and be on your side after a little chatting. I dont sweat the small stuff, I let God handle all my buisness.

Are we related?? :wub:

LOL uhmm don't know ;D i found out that my girlfriend and I are distantly related. so its possible.

Just a couple of verses to ponder. Maybe you can come up with some to support your position instead of just saying that those in opposition are "nuts"

Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Pr 25:21