• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I'm just glad that McDonald's doesn't sell hotdogs! :thumbsup:

There are few times I literally "laugh out loud" when reading something online.

This was one of those times ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I'm just glad that McDonald's doesn't sell hotdogs! :24:

:24:;):thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

A sign of the times. Rather then encourage kids to wait until they are married they just do this. One time a friend of mine was washing her sons jeans. He was in high school at the time. She threw them in the dryer. When she opened the dryer she was stunned to find several condoms rolling around the dryer. Her son told her the school was passing them out. Sue stormed to the school and had a few carefully chosen words for them and told them if she ever found them again in her sons pocket she was returning with an attorney. I think I would have flipped out too. I agree it's sad and sick.

• Group:  Diamond Member

A sign of the times. Rather then encourage kids to wait until they are married they just do this. One time a friend of mine was washing her sons jeans. He was in high school at the time. She threw them in the dryer. When she opened the dryer she was stunned to find several condoms rolling around the dryer. Her son told her the school was passing them out. Sue stormed to the school and had a few carefully chosen words for them and told them if she ever found them again in her sons pocket she was returning with an attorney. I think I would have flipped out too. I agree it's sad and sick.

The thing is though, having condoms doesn't mean someone is having sex, it means that if they do have sex, they will practice safe sex to avoid a pregnancy. Does having birth control avaliable make two kids more likely to have sex? I think the jury is still up in the air on that one, but I would rather have a kid who made a mistake and had sex with a condom, than a kid who made a mistake and had sex without protection and had a pregnancy on their hands.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The thing is though, having condoms doesn't mean someone is having sex, it means that if they do have sex, they will practice safe sex to avoid a pregnancy. Does having birth control avaliable make two kids more likely to have sex? I think the jury is still up in the air on that one, but I would rather have a kid who made a mistake and had sex with a condom, than a kid who made a mistake and had sex without protection and had a pregnancy on their hands.

Having something like that makes one believe that fornication is sanctioned. Married people just don't carry them around like that. They stay at home in a bedside drawer, don't they?

With or without a condom...it is all fornication, and the price is steep. There is no good reason for a youth to have them or be exposed to them.

Having something like that makes one believe that fornication is sanctioned. Married people just don't carry them around like that. They stay at home in a bedside drawer, don't they?

With or without a condom...it is all fornication, and the price is steep. There is no good reason for a youth to have them or be exposed to them.

Having birth control on you doesn't mean you support fornication. My younger sister is on birth control. I usually carry a condom in my wallet. It is nice to have as a safety net if mistakes are made. I think that teen pregnancy rates alone are a good reason for youth to have them and be exposed to them; abstinence should be taught, but in the case where one doesn't abstain, certain measures should be known about. It is obvious that in this country simply teaching abstinence alone isn't cutting it; people are still having sex at a young age. Wouldn't you rather have your child protected from pregnancy? Here is how I rate things on a spectrum:

Best |---------------------| Worst

Abstain Safe Sex Unsafe Sex

I would compare it to a seatbelt. No one wants to get into an accident, but if you ever do hit another car, you would rather have your seatbelt on than not on. Same with birth control; hopefully kids will stay abstinent, but if they don't, I would rather they practice safe sex.

Guest Biblicist

Here's the spectrum God would have

Best |------------------| Worst

Abstain. . . . . . . . . .Fornication

There is no inbetween.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

I'm just glad that McDonald's doesn't sell hotdogs! :cool:

ROTFL, uhmm you owe me a new keyboard and screen now. Coffee is everywhere!

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

u dont need a parachute unless youre planning on falling

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Having birth control on you doesn't mean you support fornication. My younger sister is on birth control. I usually carry a condom in my wallet. It is nice to have as a safety net if mistakes are made. I think that teen pregnancy rates alone are a good reason for youth to have them and be exposed to them; abstinence should be taught, but in the case where one doesn't abstain, certain measures should be known about. It is obvious that in this country simply teaching abstinence alone isn't cutting it; people are still having sex at a young age. Wouldn't you rather have your child protected from pregnancy? Here is how I rate things on a spectrum:

I would compare it to a seatbelt. No one wants to get into an accident, but if you ever do hit another car, you would rather have your seatbelt on than not on. Same with birth control; hopefully kids will stay abstinent, but if they don't, I would rather they practice safe sex.

My point is that married people don't need to carry around birth control! Unmarried people, if they are Christians, don't need it either, because Jesus is their control!

You are buying into the culture of today, and carrying around birth control is compromise.