methinkshe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Is anyone else troubled by the numerous reports of people seeing angels, talking to them, and generally having an angel as their next best friend? It seems to me that not only is there is a New Age cultish angel worship but also that in some Christian circles angels are taking the focus away from Jesus. Also, we do know that Satan and his fallen angels can appear as angels of light. It seems that every other day I meet Christians who say such things as: ooh, I can see your angel - he's quite small. Or, an angel came and spoke to me today and told me to ....... Am I just being a sceptical/unbelieving so and so or am I rightly suspicious of this sudden interest in angels? I have to say that when one of my children ordered a Christian music CD entitled "Trusting the Angels" it did not sit well with my spirit. I trust the Lord Jesus and although I believe that the angels minister to us, the heirs of salvation, I do not put my trust in them. "Trusting the angels" seemed like a subtle shift of focus away from Jesus. Perhaps I'm just being old fogeyish, though. What does anyone else think?

Ruth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I agree 100%

:th_praying:

Is anyone else troubled by the numerous reports of people seeing angels, talking to them, and generally having an angel as their next best friend? It seems to me that not only is there is a New Age cultish angel worship but also that in some Christian circles angels are taking the focus away from Jesus. Also, we do know that Satan and his fallen angels can appear as angels of light. It seems that every other day I meet Christians who say such things as: ooh, I can see your angel - he's quite small. Or, an angel came and spoke to me today and told me to ....... Am I just being a sceptical/unbelieving so and so or am I rightly suspicious of this sudden interest in angels? I have to say that when one of my children ordered a Christian music CD entitled "Trusting the Angels" it did not sit well with my spirit. I trust the Lord Jesus and although I believe that the angels minister to us, the heirs of salvation, I do not put my trust in them. "Trusting the angels" seemed like a subtle shift of focus away from Jesus. Perhaps I'm just being old fogeyish, though. What does anyone else think?

Ruth

You are right to feel the way you do.

The devil will do whatever he can to draw us away from the Light and this angel thing is just another one of his tactics. If he can distract us just enough to throw us off course, his job is accomplished.

The devil has many faces and one of those faces is that of an angel.

It's sad how so many people get sucked into this stuff.

If they would only study the Word of God......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Ruth

The devil will do whatever he can to draw us away from the Light and this angel thing is just another one of his tactics. If he can distract us just enough to throw us off course, his job is accomplished.

THIS IS EXACTLY what I was reffering to in another 'ANGEL' thread and was laughed at. I copletely agree with everything posted so far.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I agree completely. It is troubling. I have a dear friend I am trying to reach for Jesus. She is religious and believes herself to be a Christian, but she is not. I had a late supper with her about 2 weeks ago, and she asked me a question, "Do you believe that when people die they see us and influence us?"

Of course I said, "No, they could care less about us...if they know Jesus, they are too enthralled with Him to care a fig about what we are doing!"

She didn't accept that. She believes that her recently deceased father-in-law, who, I believe was a believer, visits their family and influences things. No further explanation.

I was so concerned, as I thought there wasn't that much delusion blocking her coming to Christ, but there is, now!

I told her that these occurrences are of the enemy and they serve to distract and delude. She countered that these things cause her to feel closer to God. Feelings! She did call him an angel, and I did correct that, saying that our being dead doesn't suddenly change what member of creation we are! She accepted that one!

Typical of the devil...

Ruth

THIS IS EXACTLY what I was reffering to in another 'ANGEL' thread and was laughed at. I copletely agree with everything posted so far.

People scoff and laugh at what they don't understand.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Ruth

:thumbsup::thumbsup::noidea::thumbsup::o:o:o:o:o:24:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

I agree with you 100% and do not think you are off base. There are alot of delusional people I had meet a young girl once who was basically travelling around place to place staying where she could and she was really giving serious thought to whether or not she herself was an angel and I did my best of course to ensure her that she was indeed a human fleshly being and not an angel. I am not sure where her mindset came from except it could have come from her travelling around like she was that contributed to her thinking as it says in the word we are to entertain angels unawares and she did have some Christian background and knew who Christ was. But no you are not off in left field in this arena.

OC

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you all for confirming what the Spirit is witnessing in me. I am deeply troubled as to how to respond to a particular young man who has recently accepted Jesus as Saviour (or so he says) yet who delights in nothing more than recounting the conversations he has with angels who appear to him on and off throughout the day. Now, I have been a Christian for many years and I have to say that I have never seen an angel, and if I have, I must have entertained him unawares. That doesn't make me a rule of thumb. Maybe God does allow some poele to see angels - I don't know. But I am wary of his angelic encounters and just as wary of quashing one so young in the Lord. On the other hand, it would be very deficient of me, would it not, to allow him, without any questioning, to go off on an angel-worshipping tangent. Do I suggest that he may not be seeing angels from the Lord but that he could be seeing demons appearing as angels of light? Or do I just smile sweetly and nod whilst reserving judgment (what I am currently doing but with not a little discomfort). I'm not quite sure how to challenge this young man or even whether I should. What would any of you do?

In Jesus,

Ruth

Thank you all for confirming what the Spirit is witnessing in me. I am deeply troubled as to how to respond to a particular young man who has recently accepted Jesus as Saviour (or so he says) yet who delights in nothing more than recounting the conversations he has with angels who appear to him on and off throughout the day. Now, I have been a Christian for many years and I have to say that I have never seen an angel, and if I have, I must have entertained him unawares. That doesn't make me a rule of thumb. Maybe God does allow some poele to see angels - I don't know. But I am wary of his angelic encounters and just as wary of quashing one so young in the Lord. On the other hand, it would be very deficient of me, would it not, to allow him, without any questioning, to go off on an angel-worshipping tangent. Do I suggest that he may not be seeing angels from the Lord but that he could be seeing demons appearing as angels of light? Or do I just smile sweetly and nod whilst reserving judgment (what I am currently doing but with not a little discomfort). I'm not quite sure how to challenge this young man or even whether I should. What would any of you do?

In Jesus,

Ruth

What are these conversations about?

Why are the angels there?

Are they giving him some sort of message or is it just idle chitchat.

I would confront him and ask what the mission of the angels are. I don't believe God would send His angels to someone just to keep them company.

And I don't believe He would send His angels as some sort of sign of His existance.

Ask him what it all means. What's the worst that could happen?