IGNORED

Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?

Phil.2:12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

GOD knows the beginning from the end.  He sees all at the same time.  So He sees those who will endure till the end before we were even created.  That is foreknowledge.   It is not predestination.  But if God placed our names in the book of life in the beginning, it is because He foresaw our endurance and our fruit.  

In Revelation we are warned of a church that is warned to repent lest it have its lamp stand removed.  In 3:5 the dead church at Sardis is told:.   Rev 3:4  You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. Rev 3:5  He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

This raises a possibility.  

Luk 8:11  "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luk 8:12  Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Luk 8:13  But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.

Luk 8:14  Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.

Luk 8:15  But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

We are repeatedly told that the dead branches will be removed and burned, but the good branches that bear fruit will be pruned so we will bear more and larger fruit.  

It is necessary to remember that God foresees who will bear fruit and be faithful to the end.  These names are written in the Book of Life.  Those who choose to disbelieve God's Word and reject it will be rejected; those who pick and choose what to believe of the Gospel are on dangerous ground and need to repent, and those who fail to place God first in their lives are on dangerous ground and need to repent. Neither will produce fruit.  

And we must remember that none of us would produce any fruit but for the life of Jesus Christ within us.  He is the One who gives growth and produces fruit.  So it is those in whom the Word of God lives that produce fruit.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 17:8)

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.Revelation 20:15

Luke 10:20-22

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

I think when our names were written in the Book of Life before the foundation of the world and God knew us before the womb having predestined our life that it would be impossible for God to be wrong. 

Being saved and reborn we'd have to do something after salvation so ridiculous and much more than before we were saved and yet didn't preclude us being saved for how bad it may have been then, that God would erase our names? How can God remove our names after what he said about writing them in and still be a perfect all knowing God?

He made a mistake that he'd have to erase a name.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/25/2007 at 2:06 AM, HAZARD said:

Dear "LadyC,"

I Concur!

Haz.

I'll one up that, I double concur!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, Jewels7 said:

No. None that are in Christ can have their name removed from the book. 

John 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

John 10:28–29 “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand”

Acts 1:16, Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17, For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18, Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
    19, And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

21, Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
    23, And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
    24, And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
    25, That he may take part of this ministry AND APOSTLESHIP FROM WHICH JUDAS BY TRANSGRESSION FELL,  that he might go to his own place.

26, And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/18/2007 at 0:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

This is an old long thread;   did anyone show from SCRIPTURE when a NAME IS WRITTEN in the BOOK OF LIFE ?

Just a quik search found this site:  (untested) http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/book-of-life.php

Which indicates right or wrong that the NAMES are written BEFORE the earth was created.

Other SCRIPTURE warns about not being BLOTTED OUT of the BOOK OF LIFE..... 

And , apparently,  no SCRIPTURE indicates someone can GET THEIR NAME WRITTEN IN..... only ERASE?!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 5/18/2007 at 1:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

If one's name could be removed from the Book of Life wouldn't that be a claim that our Father is not sovereign over his creation? 

And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 17:8)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Ah, another resurrection of a dead thread!  Who said there are no resurrections these days?!?

In the following verses of Revelation 3:1-6, Jesus tells us that those who overcome will be clothed in white garments and their name will not be blotted out of the book of life.  Ever wonder what happens to those who do not overcome?

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,

‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Ah, another resurrection of a dead thread!  Who said there are no resurrections these days?!?

In the following verses of Revelation 3:1-6, Jesus tells us that those who overcome will be clothed in white garments and their name will not be blotted out of the book of life.  Ever wonder what happens to those who do not overcome?

Overcoming means putting faith in Jesus for salvation.  Those who don't overcome are those who remain unregenerate sinners.   Those who put faith in Jesus will never be blotted out.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Overcoming means putting faith in Jesus for salvation.  Those who don't overcome are those who remain unregenerate sinners.   Those who put faith in Jesus will never be blotted out.

They did have faith as Jesus Himself stated the following:

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent.

If they never believed, what things is Jesus talking about that needed to be strengthened that are ready to die, and what would there be to hold fast to and repent?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

17 hours ago, Giller said:

No God is just a just God, and we have free will.

Rom 8:12-13
(12)  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13)  For if ye (brethren) live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The names in the book were written down before the earth was created.