IGNORED

Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?

Phil.2:12

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Revelation 3:5...

All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.

John 15:5-8...

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

I used to think that it was impossible to be saved and then unsaved. Though I don't think a true disciple can fall away, I do think that a mere believer can. So what is the difference?

A disciple multiplies his/her "talents". They seek to please the Lord in all areas of life and to grow in His Spirit

A believer is someone who is just being selfish. They bought into Jesus for personal benefits only. Until they begin the road to discipleship, they are in danger of falling away permanently like the first 3 mentioned in the parable of the seed and the sower.

THIS one verse will keep you out of heaven. Hear O Israel!

Matthew 6:15

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

not to say im an expert but i can see a couple of things that need addressing.

whysoblind you may want to rethink that scipture.

we can address that if you'd like.

as for the "blotting out..."

that is a tricky verse. you are talking about letters to Churches so before ones tackles this line one has

to look at the verse in it's entirety.

It is an understatement that can go over people's head if their studies only skim surfaces of scripture.

why do you think it says "6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

is it plain enough for one to look, read and make a fast judgement?

this isnt criticism but more to challenge yourself.

well, many people are going to run to documents and get caught in articles verses trying to make themselves grow. who knows.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

I have to disagree. The context of the Old Testament verses is under the old covanent, where you had to sacrifice to atone for your sins. No sacrifice, no forgivnees. (My assumption is that when you sacrified, you acknowledged your sin. If you didn't, than you are spitting in God's face and spurning Him).

However, Jesus came and made a new covanent. John 10:28-30 reads,

"(28)I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, (29) for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father

Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, so that we never had to do it again. All we had to do was acknowledge our sin and accept that sacrifice, and all sin was forgiven: what you've done, and what you will do. God already knows what's going to happen. I don't see any reason why God would save me, then withdraw his gift simply because I sinned, like He knew I would. (Note this: I am hardly excusing sin, nor asking for God's forgiveness!!)

God bless,

Akiko

to jump in and out out salvation has no weight.

OT saints had to sacrifice more than once.

Christ is ONE sacrifice for the sins. Past present and future.

Jumping in and out of salvation is like taking Christ and

sacrificing him multiple times over and over over the lifespan of one believer.

EVEN IF I WAS (BUT IM NOT) a believer of losing salvation then I would say that ONCE

you've lost it then you're outta here. IMO

John 15 The Vine and the Branches

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

can't get much clearer than that.

john 15:5 occurs at the judgement seat of Christ.

not sure if your familiar with what it is.

besides focus on the word "remain" because in KJV it is "abide"....get the essence of it.

Did salvation make you part of the vine?

because even though you are cut off does not mean you were never part of the vine.

I have a rose bush in my garden. If i cut off a branch...it is cut off nevertheless it is still a branch of the rose bush.

If you can approach this way of thought then you will see the judgement seat of Christ.

Because if i accept your losing salvation theory then the last time i checked..if one

cuts a branch, you cant paste it back on. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Because if i accept your losing salvation theory then the last time i checked..if one

Uhmmm technically you can! You can graft a cut branch. In fact, the vine that christ talks about is the House of Judah, and the christian gentiles are grafted into that vine as the house of israel. Sooooo based on that, you can cut a branch and graft it into another.

Uhmmm technically you can! You can graft a cut branch. In fact, the vine that christ talks about is the House of Judah, and the christian gentiles are grafted into that vine as the house of israel. Sooooo based on that, you can cut a branch and graft it into another.

well if jumping in and out of salvation is cuting and pasting a tree branch over and over

then that should of been fit into the parable. it says cut then chunked in the fire because it didnt bear fruit.

thats why im saying the judgement seat of Christ.