Sign in to follow this  
Emily~Anne

Walnut Marinara Sauce for pasta

Cool! We have a cooking forum!!! :thumbsup: Me and my family are 99% vegan, but you can always add some chicken or something to many of our dishes. I am going to share our #1 favorite recipe that is soooo yuumy and very healthy! :36:

Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/showpos...amp;postcount=3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the actual recipe:

Walnut Marinara Sauce (for pasta)

2 pints organic sweet grape tomatoes

1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked

2 tablespoons mashed avocado

1 handful of basil

2 teaspoons dried oregano

2 cloves garlic

Grey Celtic Sea Salt, fresh ground to taste

sun-dried black pepper, fresh ground to taste

1 habanero pepper

1/2 cup crushed walnuts

1 red bell pepper diced

Blend all the ingredients (accept the crushed walnuts and bell pepper) together in a food processor and add water to get the right consistency. After blending, then add the diced bell pepper and crushed walnuts. There you have it, a nice meat sauce. It has the look and texture of pasta sauce with ground beef.

Substitutions: Any tomatoes will do. The sun-dried tomatoes can be oil packed if that is all you can find at the market. You can just substitute the 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). You can use dried basil if you don't have fresh. Any unprocessed sea salt will do. Any ground black pepper will do. You don't have to add the habanero if you don't want, you can just add a dash of cayenne.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I removed the seeds from the habenero pepper before putting it in the recipe. I cut the top off, then used the tip of a paring knife to scrape out the seeds into the trash. The seeds are so hot they will burn your skin and if you get any on your skin, be careful about touching your eyes, etc. until your hands are very well washed. You can wear gloves if you prefer, or just leave the habanero pepper out and use cayenne pepper instead. I used sundried tomatoes packed in oil cause the first time I ever made it that was all I had on hand, and it turned out so yummy, I dared not change a thing about the recipe!

post-53580-1180022665_thumb.jpg

Sounds great! Here's a really LOW-FAT recipe from my childhood that goes with just about anything!

MUD PIE

Ingredients:

1) Dirt

2) Water

Place dirt in large mixing bowl, add generous amounts of water until you achieve desired thickness. Pat into round patties. Serve with garnish of fresh earthworms.

Sounds great! Here's a really LOW-FAT recipe from my childhood that goes with just about anything!

MUD PIE

Ingredients:

1) Dirt

2) Water

Place dirt in large mixing bowl, add generous amounts of water until you achieve desired thickness. Pat into round patties. Serve with garnish of fresh earthworms.

Somehow I think my recipe tastes much better than yours, no offense. :emot-drool:

Sign in to follow this