Sign in to follow this  
Guest LadyC

buying low-carb ingredients

Thanks ladyC! :thumbsup:

I think my wife would be interested in this,

of course, that means I'll likely become the guinney pig. :taped:

When we're driving and I get really hungry I've found that I can get a Mountain Dew and put a big pack of peanuts in it and it kills my appetite for three or four hours.

Oh, the Dew keeps me awake...

Guest LadyC

you're welcome thunder. by the way, tell your wife to also look for sara lee "delightful" multigrain bread. it seems to have replaced aunt hattie's in the grocery stores these days, and it's very good bread.

also tell her to use caution when it comes to sugar-alcohol content in foods, particularly candies (where the sugar alcohol makes up the majority of the ingredients...) too many pieces of sugar-free candy and she will quickly understand why i say use caution!

you're welcome thunder. by the way, tell your wife to also look for sara lee "delightful" multigrain bread. it seems to have replaced aunt hattie's in the grocery stores these days, and it's very good bread.

also tell her to use caution when it comes to sugar-alcohol content in foods, particularly candies (where the sugar alcohol makes up the majority of the ingredients...) too many pieces of sugar-free candy and she will quickly understand why i say use caution!

Another thing to watch for in ingredience is verbage. My wife has been eating kashi cerial and if you look there isn't any sugar in it...... interestingly there is dehydrated cane juice LoL

Have you ever tried Ezekiel bread? You will find it in the frozen section, so to keep it fresh. It's made from the recipe given in Ezekiel and is made with 7 or 8 different grains. The combination of the grains they use creates more protein than meet.

It's kind of a hard texture, but if you put it in the toaster for just a minute and a half or so, it really softens up alot. This is by far, the best bread I've ever eaten and it is very filling. Loads of fiber!!!

Another thing to watch for in ingredience is verbage. My wife has been eating kashi cerial and if you look there isn't any sugar in it...... interestingly there is dehydrated cane juice LoL

Which is way healthier than white sugar and extremely better than high frutose corn syrup!

oh brother! :laugh:

What? :huh:

Was that a dumb question? :noidea: Or is Ezeziel bread loaded with carbs? :noidea:

You gotta clue me in a little here. :blink:

Was that a dumb question? :noidea: Or is Ezeziel bread loaded with carbs? :noidea:

Yes its loaded with carbs! Bread products in general are all high carb foods.

Yes its loaded with carbs! Bread products in general are all high carb foods.

:laugh: Ooops! :laugh:

Sign in to follow this