Sign in to follow this  
Guest LadyC

Quick Flax Bread

Guest LadyC

1 Tblsp melted butter

2 large egg*

1/4 cup ground flax

1/2 t. baking powder

Mix together and then pour into a microwavable container... i use a 16 oz coffee mug.

Nuke for 3 minutes. Slice.

some people prefer using only one egg. i've never tried it that way. this makes a good bread for toasting, or for french toast.

Nutrition info per loaf:

NET carbs: 1.3

calories: 373

protien 17.2 g

fiber: 6.005 g

calcium 284. 26 mg

vitamin A: 919.78 IU

Thanks! I'm gonna' try that!!

Guest LadyC

tell me what ya think of it! i have always hated anything other than plain old white sandwich bread, so i was really surprised that i actually LIKED this! the texture takes a little getting used to, but it was really pretty darn good, and flax is so healthy :)

I just made it and enjoyed it alot, I ate it untoasted with a very little butter and jam and I saved some for my husband to try, its so quick to make and sort of healthy if you don't count 2 EGGS!!!!

I think I try to make it next time with 1 egg, its so very quick to make and that is what I like!!!!!!!!

I might even make it tro bring to work !!

Did you ever make something with bulgar?

Is this ground flax seed or what? I have flax seed, ground or is this some sort of flour I have to find?

This sounds really very interesting! I'm going to sound really dumb here, but where does one buy ground flax? Do you have to get it in a health food store, or do regular stores carry it? I've never looked for it, so I don't know.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Guest LadyC

ground flax... sold at health food stores. i doubt you'll ever find it in a regular grocer!

So then it is not the same as ground flax seed, eh? I got that at walmart a while back to put in smoothies. Bummer.

Guest LadyC

no no, i mean yes, it IS ground flax (seed). sorry for the confusion. you can get that at walmart????

no no, i mean yes, it IS ground flax (seed). sorry for the confusion. you can get that at walmart????

Hey, I can make this too, whoo hooo!!

Yes, you can get flax seed at the local walmart, if it is a Super walmart that is well stocked. It's right next to the King Arthur flour and the Hodgson mills graham flour. In fact, I think it was Hodgson Mills...I dunno, I put it in a Jar to keep bugs out, I live in the south, you dont just have open containers of baking products here...

Sign in to follow this