Sign in to follow this  
Guest LadyC

Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes

Easy Lasagna

2 lbs. hamburger meat

6/8 lasagna noodles

1 large jar spaghetti sauce

2 tbs. Italian seasoning

2 bags grated cheese (I use 1 cheddar & 1 Mozzarella)

Pre-heat oven to 350

Put noodles on to boil and brown hamburger meat. Drain and add Italian seasoning. When noodles are done, drain and put 3/4 into pan (I said 6-8 depending on how big your pan is) put alittle of the sauce down first to keep noodles from sticking. Put half of hamburger on top of noodles, half of the sauce & half of the cheese, put remaining noodles down, hamburger, then cheese. Put into oven for about 30 minutes, serve with salad and garlic bread.

Please stop!!!!! I'm getting hungry. I had a chicken sandwich and a pickle for supper. :b:

This lasagna sounds deeeee-licious. Funny.........I don't remember you making this for me when I visited you. :sleep2:

:):emot-fail:

No we usually went out to eat for everything except breakfast. However you did have eggs, biscuits, milk gravy, bacon & grits if I remember correctly! :P

Cooked by yours truly!

Oh! Lady C you just reminded me of something. Salsa makes a great zesty, lo-cal salad dressing.

F

Easy Lasagna

2 lbs. hamburger meat

6/8 lasagna noodles

1 large jar spaghetti sauce

2 tbs. Italian seasoning

2 bags grated cheese (I use 1 cheddar & 1 Mozzarella)

Pre-heat oven to 350

Put noodles on to boil and brown hamburger meat. Drain and add Italian seasoning. When noodles are done, drain and put 3/4 into pan (I said 6-8 depending on how big your pan is) put alittle of the sauce down first to keep noodles from sticking. Put half of hamburger on top of noodles, half of the sauce & half of the cheese, put remaining noodles down, hamburger, then cheese. Put into oven for about 30 minutes, serve with salad and garlic bread.

Please stop!!!!! I'm getting hungry. I had a chicken sandwich and a pickle for supper. :b:

This lasagna sounds deeeee-licious. Funny.........I don't remember you making this for me when I visited you. :sleep2:

:):emot-fail:

No we usually went out to eat for everything except breakfast. However you did have eggs, biscuits, milk gravy, bacon & grits if I remember correctly! :P

Cooked by yours truly!

Let me know when you'll make lasagna next. I'll start planning my trip. :emot-hug:

I think we will have to ask George if he can work out some sort of translator cos most of the stuff you lot are talking about is just :24::laugh::taped: ..I am sure we have some of the things under a different name but :24::o

maybe we could have an embassy in worthy to do all the translations :):24::):)

It is hard to share recipes isn't it???? I'm sure we could find something that would help us online somewhere???

Guest LadyC

i am the QUEEN of easy cooking! i absolutely hate to cook. in fact, i hate spending time in the kitchen for any reason at all.

my mom gave me this recipe, and i've never made sloppy joes any other way since then! it really is the best i've ever tasted.

i use chunky salsa in my meatloafs too.... i'll have to post that recipe.

Well if the above is true, you best get to postin, Mz. Thang.......................easy cooking is my next goal in life! :whistling:

LOL, want my recipe for fried pickles?

most of my easy cooking is stuff everyone knows how to make without looking at a recipe. but, here's another good, quick, (very high carb and very southern) tasty little suggestion.... buy a bag of "o'brien" style potatoes, and a rope of polska kielbasa sausage. put a little oil in a skillet, start browning the taters, cut up the sausage and toss it in while the taters are cooking.

Now you're talkin' ! How about throwing in some onions? Smacznego!!!!!!!!!!! :noidea:

o'brien potatoes have diced onions, red and green peppers already in it, but sometimes i add extra :whistling:

Guest LadyC

i can't believe nobody wants to try my fried pickles. i'm gonna start a thread on it. :noidea:

Guest The Chief

We had these again last night...but we "kicked it up a notch" with spicy salsa. Then we hollowed out the top portion of the bun a bit so it holds more of the mix. Mmmmmmmm :)

2 lbs ground beef

1 can condensed tomato soup

8 oz chunky mild salsa (or more as needed)

Brown your meat and drain off the grease. mix in the tomato soup and the salsa and simmer. serve over buns with grated cheese.

One question before I try it .. :)

Do you still taste the "tomato soup" or does it get blended to where you cant tell thats what is in it...

I have tried recipes with tomato soup and they all tasted like tomato soup with something in it ... :wub:

i HATE tomato soup. this doesn't taste like tomato soup though. but if you're concerned about it, i bet you could substitute tomato sauce, or cut back on the soup and add a little more salsa.... maybe you should do frequent taste-tests and make adjustments to suit ya before serving it up?

Ahh yes...tomato sauce..that will be what I use for the recipe ...Love tomato sauce... :th_praying:

Hmm. That is my concept of sloppy joes anyway:

Brown hamburg, add tomato sauce( its fun trying out the different flavours but one with spices and onion is good) and serve on top of toasty buns.

Any variation on sloppy joes is cool anyway, they are supposed to be one of the cheapest simplest meals, 'sides the classic mac and cheese. :wub:

Guest LadyC
Hmm. That is my concept of sloppy joes anyway:

Brown hamburg, add tomato sauce( its fun trying out the different flavours but one with spices and onion is good) and serve on top of toasty buns.

Any variation on sloppy joes is cool anyway, they are supposed to be one of the cheapest simplest meals, 'sides the classic mac and cheese. :)

but it's the salsa that makes it a true sloppy joe, chunky with veggies, instead of just being ground beef and tomato sauce!

Sign in to follow this