Guest SERVANT OF ALL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Robert: Thanx, but in which particular language did you pray over those long hours? Was it in Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Arabic, English, Mandarin, etc.? Allahu Akbar! La illaha illa'llah.

If you check the classic New testament passage on this particular subject, you'll see that ALL the languages spoken there - check Acts 2: 6-11 - were earthly, national, non-gibberish dialects CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD by the hearers, but not previously studied by the speakers. This is why i'm enquiring as to which earthly, national language you were employing?

By the way, I'm sure you well realize that the word "unknown" does not appear in the Greek anywhere in 1 Corinthians. There is no such thing in Holy writ as an "UNKNOWN language," ie, "heavenly gibberish."

Avec tout mon amour in Christ.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Guest shadow2b
-By the way, I'm sure you well realize that the word "unknown" does not appear in the Greek anywhere in 1 Corinthians. There is no such thing in Holy writ as an "UNKNOWN language," ie, "heavenly gibberish."

-DEAR ARTHURpiehit.gifgatespie.gifque sa'ra-sa'ra ahh-mi-goose??no comprendo senor??

Guest SERVANT OF ALL

1 Corinthians 13

1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

TONGUES OF ANGELS. CHECK MATE!

BLOB

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

-By the way, I'm sure you well realize that the word "unknown" does not appear in the Greek anywhere in 1 Corinthians. There is no such thing in Holy writ as an "UNKNOWN language," ie, "heavenly gibberish."

-DEAR ARTHURpiehit.gifgatespie.gifque sa'ra-sa'ra ahh-mi-goose??no comprendo senor??

Arthur needs to read Paul a bit more:

1co 14:2 For he who speaks in another language speaks not to men, but to God; for no one understands; but in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

Read the 14th chapter of 1 Corinthians in it's entirety. On the day of Pentecost, it is quite clear that each man heard the apostles in their own language:

Ac 2:6 When this sound was heard, the multitude came together, and were bewildered, because everyone heard them speaking in his own language.

Now, why would Paul say an interpreter was needed if others could understand what was being said?

Servant of All, it seems to me that you are boasting in your "visions." As for casting out demons, you said you asked to be taught how to do so. All you have to do to know that is to read the Bible and the words of Jesus:

Mr 16:17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out DEMONs; they will speak with new tongues;

Guest SERVANT OF ALL

Don't mean to boast. I just tried to state what happened.

The point was just that. That I already knew how to do it from the word and teaching by men as yourself. The angel just confirmed that I already knew it. :blink:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Arthur has indeed perused 1 Corinthians. Interpreters are for those who may not understand the earthly, national, understood-by-many-listeners-but-not-all dialects. Perhaps you should remind Pentecostal-Charismatic "faith healers" on TV today (who babble in a "heavenly gibberish") about the imperative for interpreters, yes? They simply babble on, then continue in English. They need to hear from you with all due haste. Hmm. The point I was establishing, of course, is that in the Greek language in 1 Corinthians, the word "unknown" (pertaining to languages) does NOT appear. Why fight it?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Servant,

Don't you think applying the book of Ephesians might have more effect as a spirituel wapen?

:t2: :t: :t: :t: :t:

:read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

1 Corinthians 13

1.  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

TONGUES OF ANGELS. CHECK MATE!

BLOB

Post-check: What language is that of angels? Something different than a human language, or perhaps the language that God spoke? The Scriptures tell us that on several occasions angels spoke to humans. There was no miscommunication or "langague barrier" between the angels and those they spoke to.

Furthermore, in various visions (Isaiah's, Ezekiels, and John's, for example), men have seen and heard angels speaking clearly. Now, I suppose you could side-step by saying that the angels can speak the same langagues as men, or that God provided interpretation in the visions, but the Bible does not state so.

Point: Paul never stated that he could speak "angel." His emphasis in stating "Even if..." was not toward his ability to speak an angelic tongue, but that all tongues should be interpreted, otherwise they are of no value.

In my opinion, the verse you gave is used as a scapegoat by persons claiming to speak in tongues of angels. Yet the Scriptures do not bear this out. Tongue speaking in the Bible is clearly in a discernable earthly language.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Amen God-man,

Deep-very deep :read:

Hi Servant,

Welcome to worthy! You may have a unique gift from God, you should continue in prayer to God and ask Him how He would have you use it to glorify Jesus. Sounds like you are a real prayer warrior, Amen.

As far as tongues go, I agree with God-man on this one. The tongues of angels were understood by man as far the scriptures reveal it to us. It doesnt speak of them doing any differently.

Even before the throne of God as the angels were worshipping God, John the revelator understood what they were speaking.

And the language of man, is understood by Angels, and The language of God is understood by all.

This in my opinion was the true miracle at pentecost, the main one being that the Spirit of God took up residense in man, and the fact that everyone that was present at Pentecost had heard the Apostles speaking in their own language.

For it was God that was speaking through them, notice how many diferent languages that would have needed to be spoken, but when God is speaking we all hear it in our native tongue, this truly was a miracle. God made sure they all heard it and could understand without prejudice.

God bless

Kevin