• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have a prayer language. I  have never used it to speak out loud but I pray with it. The Holy Spirit prays for me because I don't know how to pray. No one can ever convince me that tongues are not for today.

Jude 20 says, "But ye, beloved building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

This is not talking about praying in English. We have a prayer language that is straight from the Holy Spirit who prays for us straight to God. We do not know how to pray as we should, but the Holy Spirit knows how to pray for what we need. Have you ever prayed so long and hard and wanted to say more to the Lord and didn't know what to say? That is where the Holy Spirit comes in. When you can't pray in English anymore then let the Holy Spirit pray for you. Prayers are answered when the Holy Spirit prays because He prays in true accordance with God's will.

Notice: Praying in the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit) is to build up ourselves in our most holy faith, by praying in the Holy Ghost. People today want to say this was only done on Pentecost. People just don't know or understand how much praying in the Holy Ghost helps.

Many people are turned off because some use this gift wrongly. If used rightly praying in the Holy Spirit is a real blessing. Praying in the Holy Spirit increases one's prayer life like you would not believe. What a wonderful experience to hear the Holy Spirit pray for you. People don't understand that the Holy Spirit is used to pray for you and not just to give messages. When messages are given out loud in chruch then there must be an interpreter of two or three. Praying in the Holy Spirit is much different than this. It is a prayer language just between you, the Holy Spirit and God.

I would suggest to you that the Bble uses two terms with regard to praying in the spirit and praying in (or by) the Holy Spirit. Yes, you are right that the Holy Spirit joins us in prayer. However, this need not be a specific language. As you noted the verse from Romans 8:26, the Holy Spirit joins in to help us in our weakness when we do not know what is fitting to pray, so the Holy Spirit intercedes for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. What this means is that the Holy Spirit is able to discern our hearts in that time, and can pray for us without words. This does not mean that the Spirit intercedes for us in a special prayer language. It simply means that the Spirit can discern our spirit, and can intercede for us in prayer when we simply cannot pray ourselves.

Now, as for the difference between praying by our human spirit, and praying in the Spirit, I would like to point out a few verses. In his writings, Paul clearly emphasizes the need for us to utilize our human spirit in prayer, exercising our faith, to serve God, and to contact God for fellowship and inspiration:

1) Our Human spirit

Service

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Seems like peope are arguing things I didn't say.

I prayed in tongues 16 hours straight by the commandment of God and that night the soviet Union collapsed. This is a about personal prayer time.

You people have no fear.

Servant: Since you're new here, just allow me to explain...when you've been on this board for awhile, we see some pretty strange things (and people).

Some seem pretty normal at first, then next thing you know they begin talking very bizarre talk.

Fear has nothing to do with anything. When we walk in love, we have no cause for fear.

But we are admonished to be as wise as serpents, yet gentle as doves.

Our world is chock full of people like David Koresh and incidents like Jonestown and the Moonies and all kinds of people, many of whom claim they speak for God, hear God audibly, are chosen by God as His messenger and so on.

Some are probably on lithium for Bi-polar disease; some are psychotic and delusional. I know..I worked with such patients in foster care. There are many very disturbed individuals in this world and anyone of them can claim to have dreams, visions or hear voices.

I am not saying you're one of those people. You may indeed be totally rational and be called of God for the special purpose of revelation but you can bet people will likely not believe everyone who logs into a message board on the internet.

It's nothing personal, okay?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

God-Man,

Thanks for the clarification of your stance on tounges!!!

Guest shadow2b
-Now, as for the difference between praying by our human spirit, and praying in the Spirit, I would like to point out a few verses. In his writings, Paul clearly emphasizes the need for us to utilize our human spirit in prayer, exercising our faith, to serve God, and to contact God for fellowship and inspiration:

- :t2::t2: :t3: :t3: very good post Bro.----on the words you dunt unnerstan??I dunt unnerstan-em

-neither.I just make-em up as I go along. :blink::wacko: :tongue: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Guest SERVANT OF ALL

Well, the perplexity of the congruantus of your schismatic diatribes propell me to new strati.

Most dubiously ya'll.

Roberto Conchico De La Rosa Fuentez

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Yeah.....what he said.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Ditto.

• Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

surprised.gif

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Well, the perplexity of the congruantus of your schismatic diatribes propell me to new strati.

Most dubiously ya'll.

Roberto Conchico De La Rosa Fuentez

felix6.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well, I was hoping to learn something good here, but I guess not, so we now return to our regulary scheduled music program:

Jan28004.jpg