• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I guess I'd start with fantasy beings (elves, gnomes, fairies, etc.) ... do you have a source to cite regarding their origins?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

With all due respect,

What does God have to say about this?

Not a thing that I can think of Giaour................don't remember anything being possessed besides people in the Bible, but evidently the demons have moved on to plastic gnomes and pictures of Elvis.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I don't see how having tinkerbell sheets is a bad thing.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Very well written Andrew! We need a topic on this as there needs to be awareness! I started a similar thread cause I didn't know about gnomes yet and wanted to know. Now I know!

Oujia boards, faeries, gnomes and the like are all ways Satan has deceived people. Just as we should not hang Oujia boards on our walls, it is not a good idea for us to decorate our homes/gardens with gnomes and such.

It is believed by wiccans that if you can earn the trust of a gnome, they can help you. But if you anger them, it will cause poltergeist activity in your home. Satan uses these gnomes and such to deceive people. Wiccans actually do not believe in Satan at all, so you can see how they are being so deceived. They also use Oujia boards thinking they are in contact with loved ones passed on, well in actuality it is very likely a demon impersonating and deceiving the person using the Oujia board. It seems to me if we decorate/posses items that are cherished and created/invented by wiccans, etc. and used for things that are purely evil in God's eyes, we should want nothing to do with it. we are told to abstain from the appearance of evil. To me that says it is not enough for us to not believe the statue possesses no power, it is also important that we abstain from even just the appearance of evil.

I hope people make sure they read the third paragraph before they start comparing ladders to Oujia boards. But I have a feeling that paragraph will be disregarded. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

With all due respect,

Not a thing that I can think of Giaour................don't remember anything being possessed besides people in the Bible, but evidently the demons have moved on to plastic gnomes and pictures of Elvis.

I never did say that demons inhabit gnomes etc but its what they represent, denomic manifestations, also you can have a bad curse kind of thing placed on inaminate objects, Demons are free to roam, so buildings are technically posessed with Ghosts, etc. evil objects will emit evil atmosphere.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338

I'm sorry, this whole topic is just strange to me. An object has absolutely NO power in and of itself. The only power an object has is the power we give it. I mean, really. Even the Bible declares the images of false gods to be worthless, useless and so on. Now, I'm not into garden gnomes and the like, and to be honest they kind of creep me out, but to post articles such as the one posted here is to lend credence to the absurd notion that an object can harm us in some way. I don't get it.

I was kidding about Elvis. I don't own such a heinous thing.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338

I never did say that demons inhabit gnomes etc but its what they represent, denomic manifestations, also you can have a bad curse kind of thing placed on inaminate objects, Demons are free to roam, so buildings are technically posessed with Ghosts, etc. evil objects will emit evil atmosphere.

Oh come on Andrew! You're into the realm of superstition now. Evil objects emitting an evil atmosphere?? Curses on inanimate objects? Brother, with all due respect, you have passed into the Twilight Zone.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

The difference here, of course, is that an oija board has but one purpose -- that for which it was constructed. Elves, gnomes, fairies, etc., being fantasy and folklore, have taken on so many different forms that people can't even agree (and don't necessarily want to) about which is which. I would point to writers like Lewis and Tolkein who have used such creatures within the fantasy/folklore purpose. These things don't make a normal person stumble, because normal people understand the difference between fact and fantasy.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

It just amazes me how people can give power to inanimate objects.

Paper,stone,rocks,fabric,paint etc have no supernatural abilities.

If a person uses a rock to summon the dead, it is the beliefs of the person summoning that is evil, not the rock.

The rock cannot posess abilities.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

With all due respect,

Balderdash