AndrewA

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

so should cats b taken out of our homes? withces use to have them.
Ghostie, read the third paragraph in the OP. :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Do most people actually see a stone painted gnome in someones garden and think "they must worship satan"?

I dont think so.

Most people would probably laugh at the silly looking thing.

You are missing the point, no people will not think that at all, however God will look upon it and say Why are there statues of demonic manifestation that is entirely of Satan's creation in my child's home?

Well, we have 2 different arguments against them going on.

Some believe that the gnomes give the "appearance" of evil which is why they should be avoided.

While you are saying that they are demonic manifestations.

This is 2 different issues.

Although I disagree with the gnome giving off the "appearance of evil", I am more apt to believe that because there is scripture that says to avoid any appearance of evil.

But your argument of the statues of gnomes being "demonic manifestations" has no Biblical scripture to confirm that belief.

On the contrary. God said idols are nothing.

C'mon Andrew, if youre going to speak for God, use His words. He wrote them clearly for us to read.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

so should cats b taken out of our homes? withces use to have them.

No. You wouldnt be asking that if you read the first post.

Black Cats are Gods creation, God created black Cats , they are simply abused by Satan and man at some points, just as any item can be abused. Black Cats are not demonic in origin.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

This is very interesting food for thought. It reminds me of a time before I was a christian and the Jehovah's (spelling??) Witness's (spelling again?? Not a great speller) came a calling. They left me there literature and there form of the bible or whatever it was. I started reading it and I just had the feeling... that this stuff was not good. I got rid of it immediately and became a christian a year later, Praise God!! He was looking out for me.

Thats because what they were doing was spreading "false doctrine" this is superstitious tripe that is only good for taking peoples eyes off of God and cause people to live in fear of inanimate objects and childish fairy tales.

SP,

You said you werent going to discuss this again and I could slap you silly if you did.

:noidea:

"Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen"

1 John 5:21

"Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be inquired of at all by them?"Ezekiel 14:3

:24:

"Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth."

Romans 14:22

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:"

Luke 6:37

:emot-heartbeat:

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:18

Does that mean that my black velvet Elvis has to go?
yes Marnie, it does...............its evil

:24::24::24:

Walk In The Spirit

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:16-21

I don't see how having tinkerbell sheets is a bad thing.
:o

Pick on girls week! Now if it was GI Joe sheets...... :24::24::24:

Let Us Not Be Desirous Of Vain Glory, Provoking One Another

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:22-26

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I would love nothing more than to rid my house of anything that looks bad or evil, including some things of my husband's that I hate having in my home.

As it is, though, I live with a nonbeliever who slowly crept things into my home under the guise "everyone has this" and "there's nothing wrong with that, you're being wierd" and his catholic mom and family right behind him, agreeing.

Every birthday and Christmas was an oportunity for all the relatives to give gifts that I could either make a huge deal about and battle it out for months(keeping a "stand"), or I could take away the spiritual value of the objects and label them for what they are, fantasy objects of no importance.

I decided, being in a position I cannot change as of yet, to teach my children the difference between reality and fantasy as opposed to living on a constant battlefield on the opposite side of my husband with my children in the middle.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Gia start slapping. And Joe I agree with you, except this is not honest or Christian, its using superstition and fear which is anathema to Christianity. Its is nothing to do with the Power of God, and everything to do with giving power to satan and fear.

Gia start slapping. And Joe I agree with you, except this is not honest or Christian, its using superstition and fear which is anathema to Christianity. Its is nothing to do with the Power of God, and everything to do with giving power to satan and fear.

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Your Brother Joe

Muhwahhhhh! slap slap!

The rest you wrote, bravo!