• 14 years later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

It appears everyone here agrees that doctrine, as compared to denomination, is obviously most important. But what about denominations. I have been ask upon occasion when witnessing to someone, where I would suggest they go to hear more about  the gospel, the true gospel. I would tell them first to go home and read for themselves, and allow the spirit to show them. But as to a church, I've usually told them to seek out a small baptist church. Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of posters here to tell me about their bad experiences in a baptist church. As I can. But the reason I tell them to look for a small baptist church is simply, no matter how cold or rude or uncaring they appear to be, the preacher will be teaching/preaching out of the bible, the word, and the gospel message, salvation by grace through faith. This is what they need to hear, (true DOCTRINE!) Help them to find the truth, and then later, as a believer, to seek a church home of their choice, to be part of. I don't know if I've ever been to a service of any kind, Sunday service, funeral, wedding, etc,  in a baptist church, where those gathered didn't hear the true gospel plan of salvation. As an ex catholic of thirty years, back then I never had any intention of setting foot in a tee-totaling thunder preaching, hypocritical filled baptist church. But my wife and I went to  a small funeral forty years ago, for my neighbors little boy, and that old tiny baptist preacher ended the funeral service with the gospel message, the love of Jesus, which planted the seed in my wife and myself that shortly came to two more added to the kingdom of God. To me, doctrine is utmost importance, no matter the church. But you need to hear the true doctrine some where, so I advise in my own limited personal experience, to strangers or family. Yes, they are still hard shell (in doctrine) but are also loving believers, for the most part. And denominations, an understanding of beliefs,  can help to decide where to visit when seeking a body of believers to be a part of. I have noticed on this forum, a lot of posters do not participate in any denominational church, or any church,  at all, for a lot of reasons, which only they can justify to God, rightly or wrongly.  And not willing to submit themselves to be a part of the LOCAL body.  But we shouldn't condemn all the churches out there, of which some are trying to fight the good fight, with less and less members, as so many are leaving the  traditional church, to start their own perceived perfect church, instead of toughing it out and do their part through the hard times. God is light, and the light can shine in any church, if spoken.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/6/2002 at 10:23 AM, WISDOM said:

Which is more important to YOU?  I ask this question because often times I've had discussions with people who always want to identify with a particular denomination without ever understanding its doctrinally beliefs.

Neither.

2 Peter 1:20-21

1 John 4:1

Acts 17:11

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Holy Spirit written, Holy Spirit interpreted ← biblically verified.

Bible.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30

I got to say both. Because church is biblical. The church is the body of Christ. And the bride of christ. Doctrine comes from the church or at least the Apostles letters.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:16 PM, Wayne222 said:

I got to say both. Because church is biblical. The church is the body of Christ. And the bride of christ. Doctrine comes from the church or at least the Apostles letters.

Church organism?

Church organization?

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30

39 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Church organism?

Church organization?

Both because the church is organized.  And is organism made up of many members. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

On 6/6/2002 at 10:23 AM, WISDOM said:

Which is more important to YOU?  I ask this question because often times I've had discussions with people who always want to identify with a particular denomination without ever understanding its doctrinally beliefs.

Jesus

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ministry

On 8/19/2017 at 0:45 AM, Wayne222 said:

Both because the church is organized.  And is organism made up of many members. 

They are not all Israel that are of Israel.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 6/6/2002 at 9:23 AM, WISDOM said:

I have no use for 'denomination'  To my way of thinking denominationalism is a sin. Why?  Because it separates the brethren. It inspires strife, hatred, prejudice.

Doctrine likewise.  As far as I can see, most if not all, church doctrines are wrong and do not line up with Word.   That makes the doctrines of demons or to make it more clear; doctrines taught by demons.  

What does the Word say?  The Holy Spirit is our teacher,not doctrine, not denomination.  If we gathered together and let the Holy Spirit lead, and teach we would grow as a unit in Him.