IGNORED

News: Paris is released from custody

Axxman

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Paris' release?

• Horrible...sets a bad precident
    • 3 days is a long time for a traffic ticket
    • I hope her health issues aren't too serious
    • More power to her...anybody would do what they could to get out of jail
    • Who Cares?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Imagine Paris singing christian songs... :24:

Oh no, I'm puking already :laugh:

If its from the heart, would it please God?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I'll bet there isn't another person in that jail sentenced to 45 days for traffic tickets.

Your probably right..............but if one of us had gotten that sentence...........we wouldn't have gotten out in 3 days because we couldn't sleep and didn't like the food either.

Touche...good point. However, I'll go a step further. I'll bet there isn't another person in that jail serving three days for those charges on a first offense.

Her initial punishment of 3 yrs probation, fines, alcohol school, and suspended license was pretty steep. The DSL is normal, even the fine. But usually the fine is part of the fee you pay for going to counseling. You don't get fined and counseling...and 3 yrs probation for a first offense traffic ticket.

I've seen people get arrested 2 or 3 days in a row for DSL and not spend more than a night in jail. Let alone 23 days.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I'll bet there isn't another person in that jail sentenced to 45 days for traffic tickets.

Its not a traffic ticket tho. She committed a crime by driving her 3rd DUI offense on a suspended license. That isnt just an unpaid speeding ticket.

Guest LadyC

she could have gotten 90 days, according to the law. i don't think 40 days with time off for good behaviour is unreasonable.

Its not a traffic ticket tho. She committed a crime by driving her 3rd DUI offense on a suspended license. That isnt just an unpaid speeding ticket.

It is a traffic offense. It is a criminal traffic offense. Also, Paris Hilton does not have 3 DUI offenses. She doesn't even have ONE DUI. In Sept. 2006 (when this started) Paris was pulled over for reckless driving involving alcohol. That is quite a bit different than a DUI, and is a lesser charge. In Feb. 2007 Paris was arrested for driving with a suspended license (DSL.) These are the ONLY two crimes that Paris has been charged with. Both are traffic violations.

In Arizona...DSL is criminal traffic, you can be arrested, or ticketed. Going 20mph over the speed limit is criminal traffic, you can be arrested or ticketed. Both are misdemeanor traffic tickets, and at most will get you a day in jail (or less) if you are arrested.

Guest LadyC

no, it's not different from a DUI. it's only a lesser charge with a lesser penalty for the same offense.

and there have been three offenses. first one she got probation, second she got a suspended license, third one she was driving on a suspended license doing 70 mph with no headlights on while she was drunk. and then had the nerve to disrespect the court by arriving late and having a flippant attitude with the judge.

again, she could have gotten 90 days. her sentence was half that. where is the excess?

be glad she didn't pull this in vegas if you're worried about excess. the penalty here is up to six months in jail or (with a judge's approval) a minimum of 96 hours of community service, a 90 day suspension of license, fines out the wazoo, and additional requirements. first offense.

second offense also is a max of 6 months behind bars. no option of probation. a minimum of at least 10 days IN jail is mandatory. license is automatically suspended for one year.

third offense is a felony and carries a minimum of one year in prison, and license revocation for 3 years.

if you are caught driving on a suspended license, you get a minimum of 30 days in jail, drunk or not. the court has the option of also revoking the license for another year.

anyway, let's quit feeling sorry for paris. she has instructed her lawyers NOT to appeal her sentence. she intends to stick it out and do good time and be released early on her own merit. she has issued a statement through her attorneys that while it's the hardest thing she's ever done, she feels that she will grow emotionally from this experience and that it can benefit her. she has also stated that she is dismayed at the amount of media focus on her.

i think we should be praying for her emotional and spiritual growth from this ordeal and stop complaining that it's too harsh. she is getting exactly what she deserves, but more importantly exactly what she NEEDS... an opportunity to turn her life around.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Your probably right..............but if one of us had gotten that sentence...........we wouldn't have gotten out in 3 days because we couldn't sleep and didn't like the food either.

Touche...good point. However, I'll go a step further. I'll bet there isn't another person in that jail serving three days for those charges on a first offense.

Her initial punishment of 3 yrs probation, fines, alcohol school, and suspended license was pretty steep. The DSL is normal, even the fine. But usually the fine is part of the fee you pay for going to counseling. You don't get fined and counseling...and 3 yrs probation for a first offense traffic ticket.

Hmmm, you don't live around these parts, do ya son?

Besides there were more than one offences, each getting worse. Here DSL is automatic jail time. No probation.

Hmmm, you don't live around these parts, do ya son?

Besides there were more than one offences, each getting worse. Here DSL is automatic jail time. No probation.

Mom? Is that you? lol

I didn't say people don't go to jail for DSL? Thats standard. I said the punishmwnt was excessive and that nobody else would have gotten what she did. A fine, court ordered counseling, probation, 45 days in jail and a suspended license for a traffic ticket? Seems like a lot to me.

Anywoo... she's out on Tuesday.