• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Hey what is it CD I'm really curious. What was the dream? Anyway the topic. That was a wonderful poem Wisdom. We have a crisis going on in our area as the food pantries are almost out of food, and the homeless shelters are full. But on the front page the last couple of days the community is praised for all the toys they have bought for tots. I just have to wonder if they can enjoy them while there hungry and where will they take them if they are homeless. When I point this out people say why don't they get a job. I'm never sure why someone would buy a toy for a child and then balk at feeding one. Maybe the community thinks it's the parents responsibility to provide food and the communities responsibility to provide toys. I guess that's the one good thing I can say about Christmas, if it wasn't for that alot of people would not even be this charitable. Sad isn't it. Our plan for Christmas day is to go into the ghetto to hand out mittens and food. I've been told I'm nuts, but if I'm nuts it feels good.

Love in Yeshua's name

Shilou

Hey Shilou:

I'm sure our FATHER doesn't think you're nuts. :thumb:

• 14 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/20/2002 at 8:17 AM, Guest shilou said:

We have a crisis going on in our area as the food pantries are almost out of food, and the homeless shelters are full. But on the front page the last couple of days the community is praised for all the toys they have bought for tots. I just have to wonder if they can enjoy them while there hungry and where will they take them if they are homeless. When I point this out people say why don't they get a job. I'm never sure why someone would buy a toy for a child and then balk at feeding one. Maybe the community thinks it's the parents responsibility to provide food and the communities responsibility to provide toys. I guess that's the one good thing I can say about ......, if it wasn't for that alot of people would not even be this charitable. Sad isn't it. Our plan for ........ day is to go into the ghetto to hand out mittens and food. I've been told I'm nuts, but if I'm nuts it feels good.

Love in Yeshua's name

Shilou

================================================================

On 12/18/2002 at 12:18 AM, WISDOM said:

I was hungry,and you formed a humanities club and discussed my hunger.

Thank you.

I was imprisoned and you crept off quietly to your chapel in the cellar and prayed for my release.

I was naked and in your mind you debated the morality of my appearance.

I was sick and you knelt and thanked GOD for your health.

I was homeless and you preached to me of the love of GOD.

I was lonely and you left me alone to pray for me.

You seem so holy, so powerful so close to GOD

But I'm still VERY hungry

and lonely and cold.

Anonymous

On 12/18/2002 at 10:48 AM, Melanie said:

wow

On 12/18/2002 at 11:03 AM, Timothy said:

Amen, wow!

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

On 12/18/2002 at 11:52 AM, traveller said:

Powerful post Wisdom!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I believe there is one on one charity everywhere! Not organizations that  organize and distribute, but personal one on one charity, literally the handing of a cool glass of water in the name of Jesus. The helping of a stranger in immediate need of food, shelter, safety, and  it is all done without the left hand knowing what the right hand is doing. It asks no recognition, it just does as God leads to do.  

No big organization to farm out our own charity/love through is needed for God to see His bond-Servants living as He wills. Nothing wrong with big organizations- it is just they are not the be all and end all of charity in the name of our Lord Jesus. The greater love, in my own understanding, may  come in the immediate one on one sharing that occurs daily in so many lives given in service to Jesus. Such servants need not suffer the lament that not enough is being done to fund the big and often secular helpers of the poor.

And just who is it that is to judge that a toy given to a child is not a fine gift from a saint? Why cannot a poor child have a toy? Police carry such items to give to hurting children in the midst of their awful suffering of traumas. There is comfort in the receiving  a simple toy. There is a moment of hope shared.

May I also add the fields are to be left alone at the corners by the farm owner for gleening by the able bodied poor. That strongly implies that the able bodied poor are to  do some work for themselves least get up and go work the corners of the fields! Whether literal or figurative farms all that are able need make an effort at helping themselves.

Yes the poor will always be with us, and we may be the poor, but there will also always be the charitable person and many saints  of Jesus Christ that just share without even giving it a thought that it is something special to do. it just gets done, often deliberately in a manner that it is without notice by any  man or woman to praise it.

Edited by Neighbor