• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/14/1982

Following on from my recent thread about colleges in Washington D.C, I need to ask if any folks know the New Jersey and New York areas well. I may be attending post grad studies in Princeton in New Jersey, and my girlfriend could have a job in New York City, so I am asking is there an area between the two which would give both of us a managable commute. I know its about 50 minutes on the amtrak from Princeton to NYC, so what are the names of some good areas which are equi-distant for both of us to be able to have a place but also not have a long travel to work?

Also, is such a commute feasible using public transport? I come from Ireland where its subsidised, would a communte from such an area be really expensive over the long term for us?

Thanks,

Graham

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't know the answer to your question Graham, but I do want to wish good luck...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/14/1982

I don't know the answer to your question Graham, but I do want to wish good luck...

Thank you very much, I appreciate that. My dream is to support my future family by teaching the Bible, have to learn it well enough first to do that!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

IG, why don't you go back and add a tag line on your title, like information about New York/New Jersey? That way people who live up around there would be sure to look at it! I would be glad to help if I could, but I live down south and have absolutely no idea about the information your needing!

Good luck and God Bless!

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Are you looking to buy or rent? If you're looking to buy, your best bet would be to find an Estate Agent (we call them Real Estate Agents here...don't know why) in that area. They're people who tend to be up-to-date on things like that. If you're renting...the New York City official website seems to have some info on it (some of the links aren't working right now, but I imagine if you keep checking they'll work eventually), and there are some maps on the NYC tourism site that should help.