• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Does anyone else here feel that they sometimes have a strong gift of Discernment from God??? I didn't realize that I sometimes had it until a few of my Christians friends brought it to my attention. In my case I sometimes can read others sins that God has placed before me. I may cross a strangers' path whom I have never met and will never meet again and had felt the need to tell them of their "cross" or "burden" So far none have been insulted or angry because I felt that since God directed me to them that God also prepared their hearts and minds for me and what I was about to tell them. Strangest thing is that many times it's not necessarily a pain or burden that you can easily see or feel eminating from their spirit.

Anyone else have these strange experiences???? Anyone?

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

many times. ironically, it seems God always bestows such a heavy responsibility on me when i least want it. i guess it's his way of testing my obedience to Him or something. and when i submit to His will, against my own, in those situations, He always brings it back to me so that i am aware of how He was glorified.

my favorite example was when i used to manage a pool hall. it was empty one day, and i was running the balls through the polisher. i was in a very crabby mood, and some guy came in and sat down at the bar, ordered a beer, and i handed it to him. i felt God nudging me, gently at first, and then more urgently, to say something to the guy, and i was silently arguing with God... "not NOW God, i'm just not in the mood to deal with someone else's garbage!". but i submitted, and looked at the guy before he took his first sip, and said "ya know, whatever you're dealing with right now, you won't find the answer in the bottom of that bottle."

he got up and left without a word.

the next day he came back in, laid his 7 year AA chip on the counter in front of me, and thanked me for having said what he needed to hear in order to walk away from the beer he'd paid for.

there have been many, many instances like that in my life, many of them during those years working the bar. i recall another guy who i got crossways with once... again, i felt God urging me to speak to him, and i was unwilling, so i spoke to him with all the resentment at being spiritually forced as i could muster. he disappeared after that for six months. one day he walked back in and told me my words had sent him on a journey... he'd left town, moved in with his brother's family in another state, and did a lot of thinking about his life.... and turned it over to Jesus. he just came back to tell me thanks.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

that is awesome man, you should thank God for giving you that gift. Those are not 'strange' experiences at all, because with God nothing is strange. I don't have the gift of discernment (so far as i know), but I do have a strong gift of prophecy (like my father). Ever since I was little God gave me signs of this gift, by telling me things that were going to happen to me before they happened. In PE in 6th grade, i had a strong urge to hold my shorts up, but I didn't know why, so I didn't. The next split second someone comes over and pants' me right down to the ankles! I was so emberassed, and I knew God tried to warn me. Then as I got older i could pick out entire sentances people were going to say well before they were even about to say them. They seemed 'wierd' to me, but I soon found out it was God's creative way of telling me he has placed a gift inside me that he intends to use. So please, look at your experiences this same way, because obviously God has great plans for you, so I encourage you to embrace your gift in Him!

Guest LadyC

him_crucified, i wonder if you may be confusing the gift of prophecy with the word of knowledge.... an equally wonderful spiritual gift, but not the same thing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Could you elaborate?

Guest LadyC

terter, are you asking me to elaborate, or someone else? if it's me you're asking, here's a link to an outline of what the characteristics of prophecy are.... with scriptural references. http://www.remnantofgod.org/Trueprophets.htm

a word of knowledge (i may be using the wrong term) is what my mother always referred to as a "quickening of the spirit" when the Holy Spirit gave you an immediate awareness of something not yet happened, but which did not meet the characteristics of prophecy. godly mothers often experience this when their children are in danger, even though their children aren't within their line of vision. essentially, it is pretty much what NONbelievers would refer to as a "psychic flash", only the source of the "flash" is from God.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  115
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

him_crucified, i wonder if you may be confusing the gift of prophecy with the word of knowledge.... an equally wonderful spiritual gift, but not the same thing.

Well you know what, I never thought about that before but that could be what it is half the time. I have had many prophetic words before for my friends and family, so I am quite sure that God has blessed me with that. But maybe your right, and it could be word of knowledge as well. Good thought! ;)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I have this gift also and have experienced similar things that you mention so many times now it's just become natural to expect it - along with knowledge, prophecy and wisdom gifts. Although they are outlined as separate gifts in Scripture (because they are) but a few of the gifts do overlap though if you get my meaning of that? Prophecy and knowledge would go hand in hand I would say but at the same time they are gifts in their own right for their own functions.

Be glad you have been blessed with such things - they may seem "weird" and people will oftentimes not understand or even disbelieve and be wary of you if you try and explain the inner workings of these gifts (and I'm talking Christian friends - from experience too)! But trust in the Lord and all will be well, He will show His truth of the gifts so you don't need to worry about what others think.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  109

Absolutely. Discernment is what makes our paths straight with the Lord. Without it, we would be unsure what guides us through contentions in the world. Discernment is what leads us back to the Gospel for answers. How is it that the evil foundation that tries to claim God's people, continually bades the same subtle questions, without understanding the answer is No Way?

Just a Thought

Everlasting

:)

Moon over Key Biscayne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

All spiritual gifts are from the Holy Spirit (I Cor 12:11); therefore, they aren't natural abilities. All believers have at least one spiritual gift (I Cor. 12:7)