• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

has anyone ever seen inside the spirit world? I did once. I got up one night and was going to the bathroom,I passed a window and felt a evil spirit outside. It was like he wanted to let me know he was there. I wasn't afraid, it was like I just stared him down and I felt him run away.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

has anyone ever seen inside the spirit world? I did once. I got up one night and was going to the bathroom,I passed a window and felt a evil spirit outside. It was like he wanted to let me know he was there. I wasn't afraid, it was like I just stared him down and I felt him run away.

Yes many times. I see and feel it. Before, when I was possessed my eyes were near constantly open to the other world - though all I ever saw then was more evil spirits.

Now though God has turned all that around for His good and lets me see into that world still, but as and when needed and determined by God for whatever reason at the time.

As for there being no "gift of discerning/discernment" - it would seem that is just what the gift of discerning spirits has come to be called and known as in the church. People generally tend to know what you mean if you call it by either name.

Guest LadyC

yes. many times. but i think this could be getting into a part of discussion that the mods (in the past) have deemed inappropriate to discuss in detail.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

part of discussion that the mods (in the past) have deemed inappropriate to discuss in detail.

Why, how come? What if it's seeing the angelic side of things.. doesn't always have to be demonic.

Guest LadyC
part of discussion that the mods (in the past) have deemed inappropriate to discuss in detail.

Why, how come? What if it's seeing the angelic side of things.. doesn't always have to be demonic.

it isn't the angelic side. it was the detailed nature of some people's experiences with the demonic side of the supernatural. i don't think the mods have a problem with it being discussed, it was just the amount of detail that was being used... it wasn't edifying.

Guest LadyC

i have seen demonic spirits, yes. isaiah, i don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but do you honestly have any doubt that they are real? because if you DO have such doubts, i have to admit that takes me quite by surprise.

Guest LadyC

i have seen demonic spirits, yes. isaiah, i don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but do you honestly have any doubt that they are real? because if you DO have such doubts, i have to admit that takes me quite by surprise.

Be surprised. I was raised Baptist. YES, I have doubts. Demons are something that Hollywood created in The Exorcist. I have never been taught that they were anything bigger than a fly I could flick off my shoulder. Seriously. So, although my personal experience has told me otherwise, I have struggled with the idea that the spirit world threatens me in any way. To actually SEE spirits is beyond my comprehension. Don't know if I could handle it. It's not that I doubt you, per se, it's just that I'm trying to come to grips with what I was taught and the reality of life!

ok. please don't take this wrong. (by the way, i was raised baptist too, but was never taught that they didn't exist.) if you want to know the truth about demons, how real they are, how much a threat they are, all you have to do is open up your Bible and read. scripture goes into enormous detail about spiritual warfare, about the battle we fight daily, not with flesh and blood but with principalities and powers of darkness, and how important it is to put on our spiritual armour every day. furthermore, God gave us the authority, through the power of Jesus Christ, to cast out demons. this is not hollywood, this is very real. satan and his minions rule this earth until the time that Christ returns and banishes them all to hell for a thousand year reign of peace, at which time they will again be unleashed for a period of time until the final battle is fought. that's all biblical. and it's such a prominent part of scripture that i am dismayed at how it is downplayed in the church. i KNEW it was downplayed, but i was not aware that it was totally ignored in some churches!

Guest LadyC

i should add, demons are limited in what they can do to those of us who are protected by the blood of the lamb. they can still attack us, and they can still wreak havoc in our lives, but as long as we are spiritually ARMED, they're limited.

as for not being able to handle it, i think partly that is because of how you have been taught. but it may also go back to the original topic... the gift of discernment.

and sometimes that gift can be misused. my oldest daughter is also discerning of demonic spirits, and like me, has been since she was a small child. unfortunately she is drawn TO it.

Guest LadyC

well, true, what is forbidden can be enticing. but it's dangerous not to teach what scripture has to say about demons and spiritual warfare. i'm sorry you weren't taught about this important aspect. please, PLEASE take this opportunity to study what the Bible says about it. it won't be a quick study either... it may take you years. but please, start now, and pass that information down to your children.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Absolutely. Discernment is what makes our paths straight with the Lord. Without it, we would be unsure what guides us through contentions in the world. Discernment is what leads us back to the Gospel for answers. How is it that the evil foundation that tries to claim God's people, continually bades the same subtle questions, without understanding the answer is No Way?

Just a Thought

Everlasting

Cajunboy::::Hi Everlasting, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but the "gift of discernment" I'm speaking of has more to do with being able to help others that God puts before me. It was a very long time before I was made to realize that I had this blessed gift from God. I also know of the "discernment" you speak of when you referenced our communication between us and God, but this special gift is limited to a selected group as what I believe you're speaking of is contained in practically everyone who communicates with God? At least I think this is the discernment you mentioned.

;)

Moon over Key Biscayne