MeCajunboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know of a site or book that lists all the (known) gifts? I can't find one, plus I wanted to make sure I went to a reputable site.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Just to be clear, there is no such thing as the gift of discernment. There is the gift of discerning of spirits, but that is not discernment.

Discernment pertains to having the insight to correctly judge a matter. A person who has discernment is often described as a person who is perceptive. That is a mental faculty, and is not one of the gifts of the Spirit mentioned in Scripture.

Discerning of Spirits pertains to spiritual gift that allows one to know the difference between a person who speaks by the Spirit of God and one who speaks by a false, lying spirit. If a person who spoke was under the control and impulse of a evil spirit, a person with this gift would know it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Does anyone else here feel that they sometimes have a strong gift of Discernment from God???

Hmm...sometimes I saw people with pride think that they have the gift of discernment. To me, ability of discernment comes from the Holy Spirit who guides you to the Bible knowledge to allow you to discern more correctly.

That's the way I see it too.

That's why sometimes they consider using experience to expose the nature of the evil spirits as a sin. :emot-heartbeat:

Edited by Hawkins

• Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Just to be clear, there is no such thing as the gift of discernment. There is the gift of discerning of spirits, but that is not discernment.

Discernment pertains to having the insight to correctly judge a matter. A person who has discernment is often described as a person who is perceptive. That is a mental faculty, and is not one of the gifts of the Spirit mentioned in Scripture.

Discerning of Spirits pertains to spiritual gift that allows one to know the difference between a person who speaks by the Spirit of God and one who speaks by a false, lying spirit. If a person who spoke was under the control and impulse of a evil spirit, a person with this gift would know it.

Spiritual gift usually means something not all Christian can obtain. Some kind of specialty God gifted for a purpose. Yet the discernment of spirit is the job of all Christians in general. Chritians discern more correctly just at the time when they are closely with the Holy Spirit. No one can be accurate persistently all the times. As the distance between God and someone is not always the same, his relationship with God is not always the same close. And even the prophets are warned against pride and disobedience.

Guest shiloh357
Yet the discernment of spirit is the job of all Christians in general.
We are commanded to test every spirit. But the gift of discerning of spirits is a spiritual gift that does not fall to all Christians.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/24/1989

I'm still confused...No one answered my post. I don't know what to think...Something else happened. One night before bed, I prayed to God to help me know if I have this gift(I described everything in my previous post here, left unanswered), and that I would not be afraid anymore and accept it if it's for me. I closed my eyes and suddently I opened them and saw something I am not sure I can explain exactly. It was like particles of dust, glowy...and they were still, not moving like actual dust. I was a little afraid because it was so close to my face...I sensed that it was a spirit...but it didn't appear to be evil because I didn't get that vibe...I was just afraid because it was suddently so close...appeared from nowhere. Then I closed my eyes and prayed to God to make it dissapear because I had seen enough and wasn't totally ready for it, I was afraid. When I opened my eyes, it wasn't there anymore. I don't know why but I have the feeling that it was an angel and God let me just peek at one...not seeing it completely because I wasn't ready to see it clearly. So I'm not sure what to think...

• 10 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/10/2007 at 5:54 AM, MeCajunboy said:

Does anyone else here feel that they sometimes have a strong gift of Discernment from God??? I didn't realize that I sometimes had it until a few of my Christians friends brought it to my attention. In my case I sometimes can read others sins that God has placed before me. I may cross a strangers' path whom I have never met and will never meet again and had felt the need to tell them of their "cross" or "burden" So far none have been insulted or angry because I felt that since God directed me to them that God also prepared their hearts and minds for me and what I was about to tell them. Strangest thing is that many times it's not necessarily a pain or burden that you can easily see or feel eminating from their spirit.

Anyone else have these strange experiences???? Anyone?

Blessings

Cajunboy

I feel similar to you, although i would say that we should leave judging to God in terms of sins. Even pastors shouldnt say what sins people do, but they should give alerts in their messages which is what they do.