BrotherJohnf

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Is the topic of women being pastors, elders, deacons or teachers something that is forbidden to be discussed on this board? I have done many searches and all the threads on this issue seem to have been closed for various reasons. I cannot believe that this is a topic that no one is interested in, especially by the number of posts in those closed threads. So what gives? If people are not able to discuss this issue calmly and lovingly then would that not be a reflection on the person themselves rather than the topic? I understand that any Christian discussion board would want to prevent profanity and abuse, but I cannot believe that any Christian would be in favor of the censorship of the discussion of ideas. If that it the case then I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Is the topic of women being pastors, elders, deacons or teachers something that is forbidden to be discussed on this board? I have done many searches and all the threads on this issue seem to have been closed for various reasons. I cannot believe that this is a topic that no one is interested in, especially by the number of posts in those closed threads. So what gives? If people are not able to discuss this issue calmly and lovingly then would that not be a reflection on the person themselves rather than the topic? I understand that any Christian discussion board would want to prevent profanity and abuse, but I cannot believe that any Christian would be in favor of the censorship of the discussion of ideas. If that it the case then I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.

The problem is that the subject is very contentious and opinions seem to be very polarised so there is little room for agreement, thus threads on the topic tend to become unpleasant quarrels instead of informative debates. And I take my full share of resposibility for that happening and repent of it, and ask the Lord's forgiveness for all my hasty and unkind words. My impression is that threads on the topic ARE allowed, (and please correct me if I am wrong, mods) but when they descend into vain quarrels, the mods rightly close them down because they are not glorifying to our Lord Jesus.

In Jesus,

Ruth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

As Ruth said, those threads usually turn into free-for-alls where debating stops, and it turns into someone putting the smack-down to someone else, or at least attempting to. As someone recently said:

"Handbags at dawn."

:24: I like that.

I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.
:o

:24::emot-hug::emot-hug:

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Galatians 1:3-5

:24:

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

We Love And We Hold Our Dear Darling Rowdy Sisters, The Daughters Of Zion, In The Highest Of Esteem.

Enough With The Bashing Of Godly Woman.

They Are The Beloved Of The KING OF KINGS.

They Are Never Out Of Their Abba Daddy's Sight.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 18:10

:)

See Jesus - Be Blessed

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romns 10:9-10

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.

:24::emot-hug::emot-hug:

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Galatians 1:3-5

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We Love And We Hold Our Sisters, The Rowdy Daughters Of Zion, In The Highest Of Esteem.

Enough With The Bashing Of Godly Woman.

They Are The Beloved Of The KING OF KINGS.

They Are Never Out Of Their Abba Daddy's Sight.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 18:10

:)

See Jesus - Be Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

Dear Joe,

I always love your posts - they elevate God's Word above all discussion and debate and quarrel. And they can be understood even by a child - which is what I am when it comes to apologetics and book-learning.

Thank you dear brother,

In Jesus,

Ruth

P.S. I have a son named Joe and he is so on fire for Jesus and the Word of God. He is irrepressibly enthusiatic, a born comedian and always the first to laugh, but His love of the Word shines out above all. He is only 22, and an electrician by trade, but I'm sure that one of these days the Lord will call him to a pastorship ministry. He reminds me so much of you, with your ready humour and gentle chastisement, and total appreciation of your spiritual family, that I wonder if there is something more in a name than we shall ever know this side of heaven!

Guest lovinghim4ever

According to the 1983 American Heritage Dictionary, to usurp means "to seize and hold by force and without legal right and authority." Any man that is willing to be taught by a woman has given her legal right and authority to do so. Therefore, she is not usurping or seizing authority by force over him. She is simply exercising her right to teach the man that is willing to learn from her. You can't usurp something that is freely given to you.

Women are NOT slaves, and God never intended men to be dictators or slave drivers over women. Men are to lead their wives; not drive them. "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it" (Ephesians 5:25). Jesus never disrespected or mistreated His church. He loves His Church so much that He gave His life for it. How many men today love their wives enough to give his life for her. Christ never drives the church. He leads it. Men are to respect women and the things that they know; not ridicule women for knowing something men may not know.

Furthermore, God never intended for women to be mute. There are many men who cherish the teachings of some women. So, it all goes back to the willingness of men to give women authority to teach them. If the woman is freely given authority to teach by the appropriate man, she is not usurping it; she is accepting it.

First Timothy 2:12 says,

According to the 1983 American Heritage Dictionary, to usurp means "to seize and hold by force and without legal right and authority." Any man that is willing to be taught by a woman has given her legal right and authority to do so. Therefore, she is not usurping or seizing authority by force over him. She is simply exercising her right to teach the man that is willing to learn from her. You can't usurp something that is freely given to you.

This presupposes that authority belongs to the woman and that it is within her power to give it up. But is not all authority from God?

Women are NOT slaves, and God never intended men to be dictators or slave drivers over women. Men are to lead their wives; not drive them. "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it" (Ephesians 5:25). Jesus never disrespected or mistreated His church. He loves His Church so much that He gave His life for it. How many men today love their wives enough to give his life for her. Christ never drives the church. He leads it. Men are to respect women and the things that they know; not ridicule women for knowing something men may not know.

I totally agree. But why do you think that authority equates to slave-driving or dictatorship when you clearly recgnise that Jesus' practise of authority is loving and gentle and sacrificial? Who is the anomally when it comes to defining authority and its practise? Jesus or man? Who defines the standard, in other words? Is it Jesus or is it man? Surely, Jesus is the correct pattern of authority and anyone who does not conform to that pattern is not using authority, he is abusing authority.

Furthermore, God never intended for women to be mute. There are many men who cherish the teachings of some women. So, it all goes back to the willingness of men to give women authority to teach them. If the woman is freely given authority to teach by the appropriate man, she is not usurping it; she is accepting it.

Where is it ever argued that women should be mute? Women have a God-ordained ministry that requires them to instruct their children and other women.

First Timothy 2:12 says,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

It is extremely disappointing that many liberal churches and denominations have decided to go against the clear teaching of Scripture and 2000 years of church history to ordain women to the pastorate and further their feminist agenda. Every denomination that has gone down this road is now grappling with the idea of ordaining homosexuals too. They use nearly the same arguments for this debate that they used to ordain women.

The really ironic part is these groups claim to have the high ground on openmindedness and "love" but just try and question their practice of ordaining women and then you will see true wrath and anger. Their openminded attitude then goes out the window exposing the real liberal mindset.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

joyce meyers is very good.she reaches a lot of people because she is "down to earth".your loss if you don't like her!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

joyce meyers is very good.she reaches a lot of people because she is "down to earth".your loss if you don't like her!

Oh yeah, her name it claim it doctrine is awsome..........NOT