BrotherJohnf

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

The problem is that the subject is very contentious and opinions seem to be very polarised so there is little room for agreement, thus threads on the topic tend to become unpleasant quarrels instead of informative debates. And I take my full share of resposibility for that happening and repent of it, and ask the Lord's forgiveness for all my hasty and unkind words. My impression is that threads on the topic ARE allowed, (and please correct me if I am wrong, mods) but when they descend into vain quarrels, the mods rightly close them down because they are not glorifying to our Lord Jesus.

In Jesus,

Ruth

Not yet out of 2 pages and see the way this thread has gone....and that is the problem, Brotherjohn

Ruth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

i'm sorry, i like her. i'll listen to her while you listen to harry potter. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

i'm sorry, i like her. i'll listen to her while you listen to harry potter. :24:

Oh very nice...............................your a Christian, right??? So telling you that those that teach the "WOF" doctrine (which is NOT scriptural) is wrong, leaves you with only insults as a reply.

i'm teasing you, i guess i will have to be a "closet" joyce meyers fan. i sense you are all very loving, as i try to be. GOD is still working on me, thanks LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Biblicist

The problem is that the subject is very contentious and opinions seem to be very polarised so there is little room for agreement, thus threads on the topic tend to become unpleasant quarrels instead of informative debates. And I take my full share of resposibility for that happening and repent of it, and ask the Lord's forgiveness for all my hasty and unkind words. My impression is that threads on the topic ARE allowed, (and please correct me if I am wrong, mods) but when they descend into vain quarrels, the mods rightly close them down because they are not glorifying to our Lord Jesus.

In Jesus,

Ruth

Not yet out of 2 pages and see the way this thread has gone....and that is the problem, Brotherjohn

Ruth

I'm starting to think that this is a subject that should be banned from talking abou there on Worthy. :emot-hug:

Guest Biblicist

Oh very nice...............................your a Christian, right??? So telling you that those that teach the "WOF" doctrine (which is NOT scriptural) is wrong, leaves you with only insults as a reply.

AAARRRRRGGGGGhhhhhh! What is WOF doctrine? :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Is the topic of women being pastors, elders, deacons or teachers something that is forbidden to be discussed on this board? I have done many searches and all the threads on this issue seem to have been closed for various reasons. I cannot believe that this is a topic that no one is interested in, especially by the number of posts in those closed threads. So what gives? If people are not able to discuss this issue calmly and lovingly then would that not be a reflection on the person themselves rather than the topic? I understand that any Christian discussion board would want to prevent profanity and abuse, but I cannot believe that any Christian would be in favor of the censorship of the discussion of ideas. If that it the case then I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.

Cajunboy::::Blessings BrotherJohn, Good Topic! Unless someone can show scripture stating otherwise, my personal beliefe is what were it states that women are only not to stand behind the pulpit of synogogues (in churches) to preach to congregations as to say, not to do an entiire (sermon) or mass where the Holy Euchrist and Blood of Christ is ministered. I do not discern in all that I've read in ALL the Bible that we are not to take the Message from God and Christ from WOMEN. If that were so, I don't think God would have put woman in charge of rearing our children from birth, where children get their first real messages from a mother who teaches the Word of God from inside the HOME!

The following passages have historically been used to limit the pastorate to men only. After 2000 years of this understanding its seems one better have some extremely compelling biblical evidence to overturn it. Of course, that evidence does not really exist.

1 Corinth. 14:33-36

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.

As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

36Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?

1 Timothy 2:8-14

8I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

9I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

sw

AAARRRRRGGGGGhhhhhh! What is WOF doctrine? :emot-hug:

The heretical Word of Faith teaching that has been discussed on this board previously. TBN, Hagen, Copeland, Dollar, Hinn, Parsley, et al.

i'm sorry, i like her. i'll listen to her while you listen to harry potter. :emot-hug:

I would recommend Harry Potter over her any day. As least he is not masquerading as a Christian teacher.

sw

thank you!

Edited by chin