IGNORED

Demonic bondage vs Mental Illness

F8thNJesus

Guest Robert R

I too believe there are dark spiritual forces at work, as stated in the Word of God. I also believe not every mental disorder is demonic. Some of it truly is a chemical imbalance that is easily and wonderfully corrected by medication.

Totally agree with you Mathqueen.

I would contend that many times the medication does not "Cure" anything. It simply masks the symptoms and hinders the demonic manifestation.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert R
I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :whistling:

We do not have mental illness in Churches who believe in casting out devils. and openly use the rite.

Guest Robert R

I've thought about this for sometime now and I do believe that demons are involved in mental illness. I can't see how a somewhat healthy person can develop 'chemical imbalances' that are capable of throwing ones mind out into a state of insanity. I believe at some level, whether it be mild or extreme, demonic bondage is involved. Satan is lurking in this somewhere.

Not always. My son was born with mental illness - my dad's mom had similar mental problems and the doctors attest that there is a genetic ingredient to the disorder.

I DO believe that demonic forces can give someone a problem that looks like a mental illness, but any mentally ill person I have met - and I have known several (friends of my son), were obviously not demon possesed.

I hold a similar belief in the 'alien' controversy. I don't believe there are aliens, and if the claims of 'abductees' and 'UFO' witnesses were correct, I believe satan and his demons are involved, especially since the bible explains that they are able transform themselves and are extremely deceptive. Search the web for studies on this.

I agree. Interstellar travel makes good science fiction, but it is not science. I do not believe that ANY alien abduction or contact is real, anymore than I believe that a "magician" can make the "Jack of Spades" into "The Queen of Hearts" by casting his hand over a deck of cards!

Not dealing with your son directly, but just a blaket statement. The fact that someone is born with mental illness does not mean that it is not demonic. Remember the father saying to Jesus that his son was like that from His mother's woumb? Then, Jesus cast out a demon. Handed down genetic disorders can simply be inherited generational curses. Whether the deomon has caused genetic mutation or not, the person can be delivered from the oppression of Satan. Whether mere physical sickness, or whether demonic influenced sickness, Christ has provided the cure for both.

Guest Robert R

Let me just clarify for the record, that not all mental illness is caused by demons.... this is where discernment comes in, lots is due to things going on in the world today, autisnm is something i believe is cauesed by vaccinactions.... ect.....still in agreement with main post...

Are you serious when you say you think autism is caused by vaccinations and what evidence would you have for that view-point.

The evidence that the Pharmacutical companies took mercury out of all their Childhood vaccines. When they did this Autism diagnosis went down dramatically. Also, the fact that the disease is non-existent in third world countries in which they do not vaccinate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :whistling:

We do not have mental illness in Churches who believe in casting out devils. and openly use the rite.

Shalom,

Not true. Blanket generalization. Warning Will Robinson!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Let me just clarify for the record, that not all mental illness is caused by demons.... this is where discernment comes in, lots is due to things going on in the world today, autisnm is something i believe is cauesed by vaccinactions.... ect.....still in agreement with main post...

Are you serious when you say you think autism is caused by vaccinations and what evidence would you have for that view-point.

Shalom,

Don't take anyone's general statements for this. Do some reading of the medical journals available. There are 2 sides to every debate and the wise person looks at both sides and asks for wisdom from the L-rd instead of taking people's opinions as Gospel truth.

Some vaccines are beneficial. Some vaccines are not. The wise parent must pray and seek the L-rd for their family and their decisions based on information and leading from the L-rd.

As the parent of an autistic child, I've heard this vaccine debate for 15 years. I encourage all parents to study the FACTS, not opinions.

Guest Robert R

Shalom,

Churches who properly practice deliverance do not have members who suffer from mental illness.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :emot-giggle:

Shalom,

Churches who properly practice deliverance do not have members who suffer from mental illness.

AMEN!!

Where do you go to Church!!

Blessings, Karen

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The evidence that the Pharmacutical companies took mercury out of all their Childhood vaccines. When they did this Autism diagnosis went down dramatically. Also, the fact that the disease is non-existent in third world countries in which they do not vaccinate.

In America they still have to take mercury out of some vaccines. There is a possible link and they are now doing studies to see if there is an actual link. We will wait and see. If there is a link get that mercury out. Thankfully the mmr does not contain mercury. This is only a possible link as they also think it might be genetic.

The disease is not non-existent in the third world countries by the way.

Guest Biblicist

I also heard that vaccines are connected to Autism.

I think the child would have to be susceptable to it, because thousands of children are vaccinated who are not affected in the same way.

Here is just one link that deals with this controversial issue. ----->link