F8thNJesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Cheif i want to ask you why then do you have to take medicine for your thorn in your flesh? You are in fact depending on the intervention of well-meaning persons to accomplish what God has said he will?

Shalom,

Can G-d use doctors? Yes. Who do you think heals THROUGH doctors? Jesus.

Can G-d use medicines? Yes. Who do you think created them? G-d.

Can G-d use ANY type of healing He chooses. YES/

Don't limit G-d.

Do you ever go to a doctor?

What if you broke your leg, would you get it fixed for just "have faith" that it would heal on its own?

There is nothing different about mental illness. Some are caused by physiologic reasons and the body needs medicine like a diabetic needs insulin.

How many serpents have you taken up? How much poison have you drunk?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Cheif i want to ask you why then do you have to take medicine for your thorn in your flesh? You are in fact depending on the intervention of well-meaning persons to accomplish what God has said he will?

Let me clarify, why I made this statement. I was pointing out the erronousey of Chief doubting God uses the body for helping the individual believer to be complete and whole in thier triune self ie*spiritual, physical, mental. Read below what he said

If you can figure out how light and darkness can coexist in a believer, let me know. I find it interesting the number of Christians that seem to need "deliverance." Isn't the salvation we find in Jesus Christ enough? Is more required? Do mere men need to "finish" the work He started? I believe that Jesus is enough, that He has the power I need to take care of me, spiritually. emotionally, and physically. I do not need the intervention of well-meaning persons to accomplish what He has said He will

He then says he needs medicine earlier to be balanced. IF that is so, then How can he say we do not need believers in the body ministering to each other ie* counseling, deliverance etc.

Don't limit G-d.

What if you broke your leg, would you get it fixed for just "have faith" that it would heal on its own?

There is nothing different about mental illness. Some are caused by physiologic reasons and the body needs medicine like a diabetic needs insulin.

I don't limit God. I believe that yes God uses doctors, and you should be obediant, if the Lord tells you to take a doctor's advice.

Can't remeber the last time I went to a doctor( oh yeah a year ago before my son was born). I believe prevention ie* nutritional health is a better tool than some modern day medicine. If I can prevent myself from developing diabetes, then shouldn't I?

I agree that yes some metal illnesses call for medicine. I also know that many are caused by demonic bondage,and need the ressurection power of Jesus Christ Period!

One (POSIONOUS) serpant, and i have not drank poison but did eat some really bad chicken salad, and thought I was going to die. we did not have money to go to an emergency room on sunday, and in prayer I heard the Lord tell me to make myself throw-up. I did, and through prayer felt much better a few hours later.Poison for myself, no not yet, but I do have confidence in the word if I ever had to,that I would be fine. One of our missionaries, has in fact drank poison, being forced on her in Iraq, and she was fine. She even preached to her attackers and told them what the word said concerning this very thing.

To back this up, i will add this scripture again.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Edited by F8thNJesus

Let me clarify, why I made this statement. I was pointing out the erronousey of Chief doubting God uses the body for helping the individual believer to be complete and whole in thier triune self ie*spiritual, physical, mental.

Shalom Faith,

The point I'm making is that taking medicine iS NOT doubting G-d and G-d can heal through medicine.

Don't limit G-d.

I don't limit God. I believe that yes God uses doctors.

If you believe that G-d uses doctors, then why do you presume to tell someone they should not follow their doctor's advice. Perhaps G-d is using that doctor.

Can't remeber the last time I went to a doctor. I believe prevention ie* nutritional health is better than modern day medicine.

Good for you! However, one does not negate the need for the other. We do not live in perfect bodies. We live in bodies that are decaying every second. There WILL be illness and disease because we have not been perfected in our physical bodies yet. You can "prevent" all you want, and yet, your body WILL succumb to decay, like everyone else's.

I agree that yes some metal illnesses call for medicine. I also know that many are caused by demonic bondage,and need the ressurection power of Jesus Christ Period!

I agree. Some, but not all. I strongly refute those blanket generalities in this thread that all mental illness is caused by demonic activity. It is simply NOT true.

One serpant, and i have not drank poison but did eat some really bad chicken salad, and thought I was going to die. we did not have money to go to an emergency room on sunday, and in prayer I heard the Lord tell me to make myself throw-up. I did, and through prayer felt much better a few hours later.

Very funny. :wub: Bad chicken salad is not what the Scriptures was talking about. And you didn't know it was bad before you ate it, so, sorry, it doesn't count. Seriously, how about drinking some REAL poison, like the Scriptures state.

How about picking up poisonous snakes? :b: It's no stretch of faith to pick up a serpent that causes no harm, even kids can do that.

I saw that you edited your previous post quite heavily. Thanks for letting me know why. I am sorry, but I find drinking poison and picking up poisonous snakes to be tempting G-d. That is not what those verses are all about. There have been MANY people here in the mountains that have died drinking poison and handling poisonous snakes. It's not about "faith", they had plenty of faith, it's about tempting G-d.

God Bless You Vicki. I need not go any further. Hopefully you can re-read my posts,and see my beliefs. this thread was not intended for people to have to re-state what has already been said, or clarify what has been said so that one can dig further to find something else that doesn't add up to anothers opinion.

I am adding to this one ie* editing ,because I do not want to take away from the thread.

I did not think vicki you were ingnorant when you proposed the question in regards to a serpant, and I assumed you meant poisonous, and in which I answered in the affairmative. I did not see that question until now. I do apologize.

Love,

Courtney

Edited by F8thNJesus

God Bless You Vicki. I need not go any further. Hopefully you can re-read my posts,and see my beliefs. this thread was not intended for people to have to re-state what has already been said, or clarify what has been said so that one can dig further to find something else that doesn't add up to anothers opinion.

Love,

Courtney

Shalom,

Uh huh. So, you refuse to answer the direct questions? It is simple common courtesy to answer someone's questions, even if you've answered them before. And yes, in ALL threads, when someone posts, they may be asked to clarify their beliefs. If they are unwilling, their posts cannot be taken seriously, especially when they presume to point out someone ELSE'S error, but refuse to back it up Scripturally.

Shalom.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Love,

Courtney

Shalom,

Uh huh. So, you refuse to answer the direct questions? It is simple common courtesy to answer someone's questions, even if you've answered them before. And yes, in ALL threads, when someone posts, they may be asked to clarify their beliefs. If they are unwilling, their posts cannot be taken seriously, especially when they presume to point out someone ELSE'S error, but refuse to back it up Scripturally.

Shalom.

:24: its really sad, that we even have to defend against this, but your doing a fine Biblical job as always Vickilynn!

Demonic bondage vs Mental Illness, I think this group is left on the wayside by many.

that is the title of this thread.

I think most wise Christians do not refute the need for medicin for some people with mental illness, and that they also believe that many mental illness cases diagnosed, have a very real spiritual side to it. (< that was for those ears that hate the word demonic bondage) :24:

There are too few people that want to acknowledge the body's responsibility to this travisty. the first part has been debated, but the second half needs some attention.

1. IS it because many of the mentally ill, are too poor to afford the medicine and we as christians, do not have the faith to pray for their healing or benevolence to pay for the meds.

2. What can we do for these people?

3. Can anybody be unashamed before the throne when we say Lord what else could I have done?

Guest Robert R

I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :24:

We do not have mental illness in Churches who believe in casting out devils. and openly use the rite.

Shalom,

Not true. Blanket generalization. Warning Will Robinson!!

Churches who properly practice deliverance do not have members who suffer from mental illness.

Shalom,

Not true. Not all mental illness is caused by demons.

I love how you so tactfully post your replies. "Hello, you are a liar." Really warms people up to your point of view.

Whether mental illness is directly caused by demonic manifestation or is merely natural sickness; healing and/or deliverance are available to those willing to receive. As I said earlier, churches who properly practice deliverance do not have mentally ill members.

Guest Robert R

Serious question. If one truly believes it is God's will for them to be sick, why take medicine to try and recover from the sickness? If you really believe that the sickness and suffering is the will of God, why take medicine to try and escape the sickness? If you believe God wills you to be sick, is not taking medicine to attempt to escape the sickness an act of rebellion?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

dear one,

of course there is truth to what you said here..

but what many fail to factor in is that these human bodies are falable and sometimes

emotional issues are just that emotional issues with no "demons" behind it..

i, as a born again chrsitian am so so thankful for the medicine that helps depression ect.. to help balance

out chemical imbalances...

why is it that there is so little of what i call "practical christianity?"

for that was jesus' way,,,,,,,

a way we could follow and live by....

and me being one of the wounded healers,,,,,,could not be a chrstian if i had to measure up to ones who have no clue what the wounded and broken hearted go thru...

rainie