IGNORED

Demonic bondage vs Mental Illness

F8thNJesus

Guest Robert R
dear one,

of course there is truth to what you said here..

but what many fail to factor in is that these human bodies are falable and sometimes

emotional issues are just that emotional issues with no "demons" behind it..

i, as a born again chrsitian am so so thankful for the medicine that helps depression ect.. to help balance

out chemical imbalances...

why is it that there is so little of what i call "practical christianity?"

for that was jesus' way,,,,,,,

a way we could follow and live by....

and me being one of the wounded healers,,,,,,could not be a chrstian if i had to measure up to ones who have no clue what the wounded and broken hearted go thru...

rainie

Chemical imbalance = need for physical healing.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

....... As I said earlier, churches who properly practice deliverance do not have mentally ill members.

I can think of a couple reasons for this:

1. Possibly the members who have mental illness suffer in silence, afraid to reach out for help, for fear of being accused of having a demon inside them.

2. People with mental illness who visit the church would never stay and become members because of not wanting to be accused of having a demon inside of them.

There is already enough stigma associated with mental illness in our society.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

dear one,

but what many fail to factor in is that these human bodies are falable and sometimes

i, as a born again chrsitian am so so thankful for the medicine that helps depression ect.. to help balance

and me being one of the wounded healers,,,,,,could not be a chrstian if i had to measure up to ones who have no clue what the wounded and broken hearted go thru...

rainie

Jesus did have a method.. He states it in Luke 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Might I suggest emotional healing by submitting the traumas and issues to the Lord. It sounds simple enough but in reality most Christians really have no concept of how to receive healing for our emotional traumas or woundedness.

Often when I minister to those on medication for depression one of the first things I ask if there is any unforgivenss against someone. No matter how justifiable your issues may seem to you when we accept the offer of forgivness from Jesus for our sins yet fail to apply that same grace to others who have hurt us we have an open door for tormentors.. (guess who they are?)

Our thoughts have a large impact on our chemical balance.. Address the root issues and the balance can be restored.

It has been very effective in ministering to those who want to be delivered.

Blessings, Karen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

God Bless You Vicki. I need not go any further. Hopefully you can re-read my posts,and see my beliefs. this thread was not intended for people to have to re-state what has already been said, or clarify what has been said so that one can dig further to find something else that doesn't add up to anothers opinion.

Love,

Courtney

Shalom,

Uh huh. So, you refuse to answer the direct questions? It is simple common courtesy to answer someone's questions, even if you've answered them before. And yes, in ALL threads, when someone posts, they may be asked to clarify their beliefs. If they are unwilling, their posts cannot be taken seriously, especially when they presume to point out someone ELSE'S error, but refuse to back it up Scripturally.

Shalom.

:41: its really sad, that we even have to defend against this, but your doing a fine Biblical job as always Vickilynn!

Shalom SP,

Yes, it is sad that so many people look for demons in everything and attribute everything to demons and forget that G-d is more powerful than demons. That's very sad indeed for they give more power to the enemy than he actually has. People need to get their focus OFF of demons and ONTO JESUS! :)

dear one,

rainie

Shalom Rainie,

Amen!!!!! You are SO right!!! Your words are right on! Thank you! :):41:

:) its really sad, that we even have to defend against this, but your doing a fine Biblical job as always Vickilynn!

defend against WHAT?

Shalom,

Defend against the lie that all mental illness is caused by demons. And the lie that medication for said mental illness is wrong.

That is simply not true.

Chemical imbalance = need for physical healing.

Shalom,

And sometimes G-d uses doctors and medicines to bring about that physical healing.

....... As I said earlier, churches who properly practice deliverance do not have mentally ill members.

I can think of a couple reasons for this:

1. Possibly the members who have mental illness suffer in silence, afraid to reach out for help, for fear of being accused of having a demon inside them.

2. People with mental illness who visit the church would never stay and become members because of not wanting to be accused of having a demon inside of them.

There is already enough stigma associated with mental illness in our society.

SHalom,

EXCELLENT post!!! Amen! Good points. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Everyone seems to think deliverance ministry is all about just casting out demons..

A real deliverance ministry will include addressing sin issues, generational curses, emotional issues, unforgivness and then move into the demon casting out and followed by PHYSICAL healing.

This is what has been missing in the church.

We think it was all done at the one time altar where we accepted Jesus as Savior. That was only the beginning..

Our DELIVERANCE is through our sanctification process and addressing our bones in the closet.

We say the to people who have accepted Jesus, "if the devil brings up your past you just tell him where to go". Not realizing it is the work of the Holy Spirit to bring TRUTH to all our wounded places and failed areas if we let HIM. Instead we tell people to blank it out... That is what I used drugs to do, escape my past. Jesus helps us confront our past and apply the healing to all the broken areas...

THAT IS WHAT JESUS WOULD DO!

Nice statement with no blanket attatched! I love it!

I love how you so tactfully post your replies. "Hello, you are a liar." Really warms people up to your point of view.

Whether mental illness is directly caused by demonic manifestation or is merely natural sickness; healing and/or deliverance are available to those willing to receive.

Shalom,

Glad you like my style. :) I don't care for yours as you tend to bend the truth and you are judgmental, sarcastic and rude. I'm talking issues, you don't agree, so you attack the person. It's called Ad hominem argument and attack and it's wrong, but whatever. That's your deal. I am here to post the truth, like it or not. If you don't like my posts, then skip them, it doesn't matter to me.

As I said earlier, churches who properly practice deliverance do not have mentally ill members.

And, as I pointed out earlier, that's is simply NOT true. "Deliverance" is not the correct treatment for all mental illnesses.