Sign in to follow this  
MorningGlory

Open Faced Tuna Melts

This is really good....

1 can drained tuna

4 Tbsp mayonaise

1/8 cup chopped onion

2 slices pepperjack cheese (or whatever you prefer)

2 slices low carb whole wheat bread (Sara Lee, 9 carbs per slice)

Mixed the drained tuna, mayonaise, and onion in a bowl. Toast the bread and place a slice of cheese and half the tuna mixture on each slice. Place in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Each open faced sandwich is 20 carbs. (I have this with a small bag of fried pork rinds and a diet soda @ 0 carbs.) :)

I know what I'm having for lunch. :24:

This is really good....

1 can drained tuna

4 Tbsp mayonaise

1/8 cup chopped onion

Mixed the drained tuna, mayonaise, and onion in a bowl. Toast the bread and place a slice of cheese and half the tuna mixture on each slice. Place in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Each open faced sandwich is 20 carbs. (I have this with a small bag of fried pork rinds and a diet soda @ 0 carbs.) :emot-nod:

sounds good, except maybe too much onion.

Guest Biblicist

Yummy!

Is it lunch time yet!? :emot-nod:

This is really good....

1 can drained tuna

4 Tbsp mayonaise

1/8 cup chopped onion

Mixed the drained tuna, mayonaise, and onion in a bowl. Toast the bread and place a slice of cheese and half the tuna mixture on each slice. Place in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Each open faced sandwich is 20 carbs. (I have this with a small bag of fried pork rinds and a diet soda @ 0 carbs.) :24:

sounds good, except maybe too much onion.

You can always cut the amount of onion or leave it out. I know someone who substitutes pickle relish (doesn't sound good though!). :24:

This is really good....

1 can drained tuna

4 Tbsp mayonaise

1/8 cup chopped onion

Mixed the drained tuna, mayonaise, and onion in a bowl. Toast the bread and place a slice of cheese and half the tuna mixture on each slice. Place in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Each open faced sandwich is 20 carbs. (I have this with a small bag of fried pork rinds and a diet soda @ 0 carbs.) :whistling:

I like tuna melts. I've never used onion tho'. Try seasoning it with celery seed instead. Put it on bagels and slip it in a toaster oven until the cheese melts.

-Neopatriarch

This is really good....

1 can drained tuna

4 Tbsp mayonaise

1/8 cup chopped onion

Mixed the drained tuna, mayonaise, and onion in a bowl. Toast the bread and place a slice of cheese and half the tuna mixture on each slice. Place in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Each open faced sandwich is 20 carbs. (I have this with a small bag of fried pork rinds and a diet soda @ 0 carbs.) :wub:

How is your "carb" diet working for you Gloria. I worked in the medical field for a time and they put more emphasis on "caloric" intake than Carbs. The thing with all foods is , "it all has to be burned off although amount playes an equally important roll." Sok are you combining this with an avid amount of fitness if you are able?

Sign in to follow this