• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

:emot-handshake: Hi Everyone !

1). I Have a question. What is the difference between : Gifts of Discerment ?

And what it means ? And how do you know if you have this gift ? And how to use it ?

2). What is the Gift of Prophecy ?

How do you know if you have this gift ? And how do you use this gift ?

3). What is the gift of Word of Knowledge ?

What does it mean ? And how does one use this gift ?

And above all how does one tell & use these gifts ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

:cool: Hi Everyone !

1). I Have a question. What is the difference between : Gifts of Discerment ?

And what it means ? And how do you know if you have this gift ? And how to use it ?

2). What is the Gift of Prophecy ?

How do you know if you have this gift ? And how do you use this gift ?

3). What is the gift of Word of Knowledge ?

What does it mean ? And how does one use this gift ?

And above all how does one tell & use these gifts ?

If you look through this forum you can find topics where all these have been discussed quite thoroughly, but I'll try give a quick run down here of them:

1 - Technically, it's the gift of Discerning of Spirits. Discernment is just having good judgement on things, like being able to discern the right thing to do in a certain situation. An example of general discernment can be seen in Mat 16:2 -3, when Jesus has a go at the Pharisees for discerning the weather but not the spiritual! The actual gift is to be able to discern the spirits - Look at 1 John 4: 1-3 and Mat 7:15 - 23. It is the ability to know whether something (ie. a teaching, prophecy or person) is from God or from the devil, or even just people's own thinking and imagination. It also gives the ability to sense if there is an evil presense around too.

2 - Prophecy is speaking messages from God to people. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians that messages of prophecy must be for the edification of the Body and done in love. Now edification simply means to instuct and to improve, so the prophetic words may direct people to be in the will of God or it may reveal sinfulness and be to bring someone to repent and improve them in their walk with God. Or it may be words for the whole church (as in local church) to instruct them in something or to encourage them by God's grace and love.

3 - The gift of knowledge is one that some may confuse with prophecy but I think that's because they often work so closely together. Having a word of knowledge about someone usually entails you (as in the person with the gift) suddenly aquiring knowledge in your spirit about someone or a situation in order for you to step in to help that person. This gift may come with prophetic words that tie in with what knowledge was revealed, but above all wisdom and some discernment (natural discernment) is needed, as it is with most of the gifts, to be able to give these messages to people in love so they won't be offended or freaked out or something, which can happen if you go about things in a manner that isn't too wise (trust me, I know)!

As with all the gifts, the Holy Spirit gives as He chooses and you will know because God will lead and instruct you and begin to reveal to you what gift He has given slowly bit by bit until you are ready and understand. At least that is how it has happened with me and some others who have spoken about their giftings.

Hope this helps somewhat! :b:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Her ie my take:

Discernment is the God given ability to recognize what is of God and not of God

Knowledge is the God given ability to understand, organize and use information from either natural sources or directly form the Holy Spirit for the advancement of God's purposes

Prophecy is the God given ability ro proclaim God's truths in a manner that speaks to specific situations and envisions how God would have those situations change

• Group:  Members

:emot-hug: I'm not sure on this, but i will give you my experience that has happened many times, but not all the time !

It started in 1998. My father was on a life support in the hosp.

In his will was to vote has a family to have the plug pulled on him. As a Christian i was against this, i still believe in Miracles ! Well the plug was pulled. It was a matter a time when he would died. At about 4 a.m. i heard a voice, that awoke me out of bed. I asked my husband and told him i heard my fathers voice. The answer from him was go back to bed.

But that voice was my father, saying everything was okay, he's going home with the LORD. The voice called me by name. The night before, i witness to my father, he was half awake in & out of a coma. The next day, my brother called me to say dad died. I told him, i know.

he died at 4 a.m. ! My brother said to me how did you know he died at 4 a.m. ? I live 4 hrs. away. When i try to explain he thought i was nuts.

Other times,

When we would drive and i would get a vision, and i would say to my husband lets take the old route for a change. Glad we did ! If we were to take the road we were on , we would of been dead. A tracker trailer has flip over on a exit, that we would have apporach.

And i would always say Thank You God, for showing me that.

Then i had dreams weeks before we were going away on a vacation. We always drop our pets at the vet to be boarded. The same dream, is that i would never see my favorite cat again. he would be replace with another cat ! ( Stolden). Sure enough that is what happen.

My cat was 8 yrs. old and had a natural darken cross shade on his nose, that look like a tatoo. But wasn't. The cat we came home with, acts like my old cat but the markings on the nose are gone ! When he was 6 months old he got run over by a car. Another vet said:

after he was in a body cast, he'll never beable to use his legs, their was no feelings. Both my husband & I prayed over our cat. We know God, healed him. And left a mark on his nose. The cat we have is not him, this happen 1 yr. from last sept. almost a yr. We were told that this has happen before at the same vets boarding, by someone who works their. I forgive, but i still miss my cat. And by the way this cat still goes by the same name from my other.

Other times, i see things in the church, that should'nt be the way God, wants it to be. Almost like what George posted on the devotional emails a few days ago. Like Revial. To many pray for revial. To be open for revial one must be open to change, from their hearts. And be open to the gifts of God. And the cold church, etc. i see this so many times within the church ! Christians being cold to each other, and in relationships with each other. I know it hurts God's Heart, to see this. When i tryed to explain about these gifts, 2 ministers baptist, both said i'm of the devil, you speak in tongues, that's error & of the devil. We left and went back to the Assemblies of God. I need to know are these gifts from God ? How do i use it for His work ? I don't believe in esp. I'm a born again Christian ! Help !

I don't believe in esp. I'm a born again Christian ! Help !

Joel 2:28ff

"God says: 'In the last days I will pour out my Spirit on all kinds of people. Your sons and daughters will prophcy. Your old men will dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. At that time I will pour out my Spirit also on my male and female slaves.' "

:emot-headphones:

The devil is a liar and a trickster, his "power" is just cheap imitations of God's Spiritual gifts. If you are born again, then what you have is a gift from God! What these mediums, phychics have are just distorted versions of the gifts.

If you belong to God, then the gifts He gives belong to you and are from Him!

:emot-headphones: Thanks Luke, for your understanding. But i still have a question.

i know i have God given gifts. But how do i use them for God's Glory !

I was told once that if God gives gifts, and you don't use them, He will take away.

How do i use these gifts ?

They just come on, in dreams, sometimes when i'm wide awake . And ones that as in a message for the church, I know it's from God ! But i'm scared if i tell this message, people will run away. Cause they don't want to hear the truth . And it's too late now, it was for the other church we went to , and we left to go back to the Assemblies of God.

This church, is on fire for the LORD !! And i have other gifts i do practice daily, praying in the spirit, tongues. and i paint and make my own arts'ncrafts. i give away free, with scriptures on it.

:whistling: Thanks Luke, for your understanding. But i still have a question.

i know i have God given gifts. But how do i use them for God's Glory !

I was told once that if God gives gifts, and you don't use them, He will take away.

How do i use these gifts ?

They just come on, in dreams, sometimes when i'm wide awake . And ones that as in a message for the church, I know it's from God ! But i'm scared if i tell this message, people will run away.

Your answer is within your question, but the thing that is stopping you from seeing it is your fear!

For them to be used for God's glory, they have to actually be used! If you get a message for the church, then for God to recieve His glory you need to overcome the fear of rejection in speaking out what God has given you. Otherwise no one will know and no one will see that God is speaking and using you for His glory to be revealed in what is said!

It is a tough thing to overcome, I know I've been there as have many others here I'm sure. We rely too much on what others think of us, sometimes without even realising it. But when it comes to things like this, we have to trust in God and have Him as our only focus about what HE thinks not people! If they don't like the message or can't cope with the Truth, that isn't your problem. That's then between them and God; you will have played your part in delivering the message.

It's all a learning process and stepping out in faith and trust that God is behind you ready to catch you if you fall, yet all the while holding your hand leading you on. :24:

Remember, if you can be trusted with the little things, then you can also be trusted with bigger things to come! (Lk 16:10)

:emot-hug:

THANK YOU !!!

Next time i get a message, i will deliever ! Thanks again for your help !

God Bless You !!

:emot-hug:

THANK YOU !!!

God Bless You !!

Anytime! :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:21:

THANK YOU !!!

God Bless You !!

Anytime! :21:

there is something I need to say. We, everyone are given gifts from God. depending who you choose to serve depends how it is used. The devil mocks Gods gifts as well. If this is a fear of yours, because you know the resposibility that goes along with the gift I suggest two things.

1. Break and denounce any soul ties with the occult over you going back to the 1st and 2nd generation and your family after appltying the precious BLOOD of JESUS all in Jesus name

2> Be ready for some not to recieve the message and others to say I have been getting the same thing from God. This is most revealing to who is with you. Ask the Holy Spirit to filter everything making sure it is of God not of yourself. You may get attacked after giving the word to the church. this is a ploy of the enemy to Bind You up instead of him.

My mom was not a nice women, a very misreble person who drove everyone away from her. I was at the hospital all day with my 9mo. old because she would then be more cooperative with the nurses but had to go home. I was to return. As I layed down to breastfeed There was a certain moment where I can feel the detachment from soul to soul, I cannot explain it any other way. My daughter sat up as well and looked around. I called the hospital and they said the doctor would call me. So it was true. She is in heaven now and in no more inward pain whatever it was.

I want to include something along with the word of knowledge...I also consider that a gift for healing purposes as well...I can feel nagging pain I never had...I say something...Jesus heals them....I see childrens' ears ( this actually happened)...four mothers went up with their children to get healing for them...I smell alcohol...Someone needs to have a generation curse of alcoholism broken off of them or is drinking in secret. Know this is where wisdom comes in...if you know it is personal ..talk with the pastor first and have him call the person forward as not to embarass them.. I hope Luke agrees with most... God bless you.. Blow that trumpet!!!! :24: