• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

:huh:

THANK YOU !!!

Next time i get a message, i will deliever ! Thanks again for your help !

God Bless You !!

Anytime! :emot-pray:

there is something I need to say. We, everyone are given gifts from God. depending who you choose to serve depends how it is used. The devil mocks Gods gifts as well. If this is a fear of yours, because you know the resposibility that goes along with the gift I suggest two things.

1. Break and denounce any soul ties with the occult over you going back to the 1st and 2nd generation and your family after appltying the precious BLOOD of JESUS all in Jesus name

2> Be ready for some not to recieve the message and others to say I have been getting the same thing from God. This is most revealing to who is with you. Ask the Holy Spirit to filter everything making sure it is of God not of yourself. You may get attacked after giving the word to the church. this is a ploy of the enemy to Bind You up instead of him.

My mom was not a nice women, a very misreble person who drove everyone away from her. I was at the hospital all day with my 9mo. old because she would then be more cooperative with the nurses but had to go home. I was to return. As I layed down to breastfeed There was a certain moment where I can feel the detachment from soul to soul, I cannot explain it any other way. My daughter sat up as well and looked around. I called the hospital and they said the doctor would call me. So it was true. She is in heaven now and in no more inward pain whatever it was.

I want to include something along with the word of knowledge...I also consider that a gift for healing purposes as well...I can feel nagging pain I never had...I say something...Jesus heals them....I see childrens' ears ( this actually happened)...four mothers went up with their children to get healing for them...I smell alcohol...Someone needs to have a generation curse of alcoholism broken off of them or is drinking in secret. Know this is where wisdom comes in...if you know it is personal ..talk with the pastor first and have him call the person forward as not to embarass them.. I hope Luke agrees with most... God bless you.. Blow that trumpet!!!! :emot-pray:

Hehe it's nice you value my opinion, but I base it on the Word so it's God who ought to agree :emot-hug: Though some people do disagree with anything like generational curses and the like, I know of plenty of people who have been led by God to pray to break them. I don't fully understand the how's and why's of it all, but if God leads, we should follow! I do agree that words of knowledge can lead to healing, or rather it's prior knowledge to healing that's coming. But again I see the gifts as all overlapping each other in some way or another you can't box them away individually since they work together for the common good of the Body!

Keep at it, keep seeking God and follow His leading! :emot-hug:

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/24/1989

I am a little confused about the gifts of God.

When I was a little girl, I once saw demons(they were looking like black shadows, but I could tell they were demons in a way I can't explain). I wasn't afraid of them at all because I knew that they couldn't touch me. After that I didn't see them for a long time.

Recently, I had bad dreams(horrible ones sent from them-I just know it) and this time I couldn't see them, but I felt them around me. They were trying to scare me. That didn't last a long time, because I prayed over my house with a great aunt of mine(who speaks in tongues) and I discovered the fact that the demons were in my chandelier(the chandelier has a mirror and that was the place I felt them most in and so did my aunt). We prayed and God helped us get rid of them.

The thing is... I'm not sure if I have the gift of discernment...I wish I had because I think it's a great gift, but I don't feel worthy of it.

Another thing...After the dream period...I went out with a cousin of mine and we were sitting in a cafe and we were talking about Jesus. Suddenly, a woman came in and sat at the table right next to us. We both realized that something was wrong because when we were saying the name of Jesus the woman behind me started talking weird to herself and her face was looking down so I couldn't see her face and we couldn't understand what she was saying. Whenever we mentioned the name of Jesus out loud she would angrily talk a little louder saying incomprehensible words. That's when we realized that the woman was possessed. Me and my cousin went straight to the Church and prayed.

So I'm not sure if I have a role in this...If I have this gift. I wish to be closer to God.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1985

Are out of body experiences a gift of the holy spirit. Alot of people seem to be on the break of having them with sleep paralysis and besides that i have out of body experiences 4 times a week!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Are out of body experiences a gift of the holy spirit. Alot of people seem to be on the break of having them with sleep paralysis and besides that i have out of body experiences 4 times a week!

No. The gifts can be found in 1 Corinthians 12, where astral projection is not even close to any of the gifts.

No. The gifts can be found in 1 Corinthians 12, where astral projection is not even close to any of the gifts.

Actually the gift of prophecy is very close in relation to astral projection.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Actually there is a primer to the gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is this;

1Co

Grace to you,

Actually there is a primer to the gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is this;

1Co

• 10 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/8/2007 at 10:17 AM, Ms Lucy said:

:emot-handshake: Hi Everyone !

1). I Have a question. What is the difference between : Gifts of Discerment ?

And what it means ? And how do you know if you have this gift ? And how to use it ?

2). What is the Gift of Prophecy ?

How do you know if you have this gift ? And how do you use this gift ?

3). What is the gift of Word of Knowledge ?

What does it mean ? And how does one use this gift ?

And above all how does one tell & use these gifts ?

I think being able to sense presences comes through spiritual growth, it can be used to assess how we can respond to the person you are discerning, i think we can use it to understand heretics. I dont know what else we could use that ability for. 

I think it consists of speaking prophetic words and understanding the future and receiving revelations. But these things must agree with scripture.

I think word of knowledge is understanding things in this world from Gods perspective.

As we understand scripture more we will absorb these gifts. It possible to have all three. Because they all are linked together. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Lot of great posts on explaining the definition of these gifts and what do they mean. I just wanted to add one thing. We need to understand that not all spiritual gifts are resident in nature. God would use a person for the appropriate time for manifestation of a gift for the benefit of others. It is not that a person can prophecy whenever he/she wants. It is up to God to use manifest that gift through that person for an appropriate occasion. However, some are called as pastors, evangelists, teachers, etc.. These people are equipped with pastoral gift or teaching gift permanently. A person does not receive pastoral gift just on Sunday mornings! Holy Spirit equips them and they become what they are called to be. A person does not become a healer! And this misunderstanding is causing havoc among believers. Many evangelists call together healing crusades. Now God often honors the faith of believers and does mighty acts of healings. But it is not because the evangelist healed the person.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,662
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  160
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Although these threads are old (goodness, most of them were started before I came here 8 years ago) I agree with what both of you have said. My pastor is an evangelist and he gets word of knowledge. I have found that I receive the gift of discernment quite often.  I also know people who use art as a medium for expressing prophetic gifts. But  Holy Spirit moves as He wills and anybody can flow in any gifts. This I have seen as well. Always glad to find people who believe these things