Guest The Chief

Dad's Slow Cooker London Broil

Guest The Chief

Original recipe yield: 8 servings

2 pounds flank steak

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup

1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix

Place meat in the bottom of the slow cooker; if necessary, slice meat to make it fit! In a medium bowl, mix together mushroom and tomato soup. Pour mixture over beef. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over top. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.

Sounds good. :whistling:

Guest Biblicist

I think your Dad must be some cook Chief! :whistling:

Guest HIS girl

I'll pass this onto my friend, she'll go bananas over this...she's the slow cooker queen!!

This would taste very good with some fat egg noodles or rice, serve it on top.

Guest HIS girl

What is "broil" by the way?

Didn't Jesus eat broiled fish and honeycomb after He was resurrected? Luke 24v42.

London broil is a cut of beef. To me it isn't quite a roast but is too big to be a steak. But you can grill it like a steak ifyou marinade it and then cut it in those strips like they show on tv. But I like to use recipies like this instead, closer to the roast angle.

Guest HIS girl

London broil is a cut of beef. To me it isn't quite a roast but is too big to be a steak. But you can grill it like a steak ifyou marinade it and then cut it in those strips like they show on tv. But I like to use recipies like this instead, closer to the roast angle.

Ok, thanks. I thought it was a cooking method. Like boiled and then fried or cooked over the fire.

Ok, thanks. I thought it was a cooking method. Like boiled and then fried or cooked over the fire.

Well, just plain old broiling (as opposed to "a London Broil") is a cooking method. Just high, direct heat, basically.

Guest HIS girl

Well, just plain old broiling (as opposed to "a London Broil") is a cooking method. Just high, direct heat, basically.

Ah, ok.

I'm sure my sister cooked broild lamb chops and she did it in the oven....?

Sign in to follow this