IGNORED

Daniel 8

Guest becca33

Guest becca33

I went to church today and we had a really great sermon, then the minister started to discuss Daniel 8 and I got so confused. He started talking about how Daniel was talking about Constantine and how the Roman Christians went up into heaven and told Jesus they was taking over and that is why the Sabbath is moving to Sunday. I am new to this faith (SDA) my husband went to this church when we got married. Can anyone please give me a more clearer picture on what Daniel was talking about. I am really confused and I have tried to read and reread this but I am still confused. Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ahhh, what kinda church is it??? I've never even heard of anything like that before????

Guest becca33
Ahhh, what kinda church is it??? I've never even heard of anything like that before????

It is the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I grew up Methodist and my husband chose this church and the more we go I get more confused. I fell away from God and I am trying to bring my relationship back close to him. I want to learn but I feel I am disappointed God because I get confused and I read it again and get confused. Is this normal?

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,399
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

not if you are reading and learning frrom a good bible based church.....I have never heard of this and it is not in any bible I have read either why on earth would anyone need to tell Christ anything :)

My understanding of this passage is that it is a vision of "end times" and daniel was told that it was to be in the far distant future ..ie it links with revelations

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I went to church today and we had a really great sermon, then the minister started to discuss Daniel 8 and I got so confused. He started talking about how Daniel was talking about Constantine and how the Roman Christians went up into heaven and told Jesus they was taking over and that is why the Sabbath is moving to Sunday. I am new to this faith (SDA) my husband went to this church when we got married. Can anyone please give me a more clearer picture on what Daniel was talking about. I am really confused and I have tried to read and reread this but I am still confused. Thank you.

Romans went to Heaven and told Jesus they were taking over? I thought I had heard everything but.....I was wrong! Where is this in he Bible??? :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

It is the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I grew up Methodist and my husband chose this church and the more we go I get more confused. I fell away from God and I am trying to bring my relationship back close to him. I want to learn but I feel I am disappointed God because I get confused and I read it again and get confused. Is this normal?

Becca, it's no wonder you're confused! It's not you that's wrong here. That teaching is totally false! Believe me, God will not be disappointed in you if you reject this outright. Please find a new church; one that preaches from the Bible. :)

Guest cakemaker

Daniel 8

Daniel's Vision of a Ram and a Goat

1 In the third year of King Belshazzar's reign, I, Daniel, had a vision, after the one that had already appeared to me. 2 In my vision I saw myself in the citadel of Susa in the province of Elam; in the vision I was beside the Ulai Canal. 3 I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later. 4 I watched the ram as he charged toward the west and the north and the south. No animal could stand against him, and none could rescue from his power. He did as he pleased and became great.

5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between his eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 He came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at him in great rage. 7 I saw him attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering his two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against him; the goat knocked him to the ground and trampled on him, and none could rescue the ram from his power. 8 The goat became very great, but at the height of his power his large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.

9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the Prince of the host; it took away the daily sacrifice from him, and the place of his sanctuary was brought low. 12 Because of rebellion, the host of the saints [a] and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, "How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled

Guest becca33

Becca, it's no wonder you're confused! It's not you that's wrong here. That teaching is totally false! Believe me, God will not be disappointed in you if you reject this outright. Please find a new church; one that preaches from the Bible. :)

thank you for your advice. is it ok for me to go to a church that my husband doesn't? i just want to learn so much.

Guest cakemaker

Becca, it's no wonder you're confused! It's not you that's wrong here. That teaching is totally false! Believe me, God will not be disappointed in you if you reject this outright. Please find a new church; one that preaches from the Bible. :b:

thank you for your advice. is it ok for me to go to a church that my husband doesn't? i just want to learn so much.

IF the church your husband goes to is a false witness, then YES it is ok to go to a different church! As long as the church you attend teaches the truth from the word of God. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Becca, it's no wonder you're confused! It's not you that's wrong here. That teaching is totally false! Believe me, God will not be disappointed in you if you reject this outright. Please find a new church; one that preaches from the Bible. :b:

IF the church your husband goes to is a false witness, then YES it is ok to go to a different church! As long as the church you attend teaches the truth from the word of God. :)

I agree! Maybe your not confused, and it doesn't make any sense..........because it doesn't make any sense! I'll be praying for you little sister!