Jefinner

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

(Please move this if it isn't in the right forum... I'm still a newbie, so be patient! :whistling: )

My husband claims that the devil attacks those closest to God, or those working on getting closer to God. What are your thoughts?

I especially ask, because in the past year, I have really felt closer to the Lord than I ever had before. I found a great church home where I, literally, felt the spirit within me. I've been doing more Bible study, and I've never done that. I've just been working on my faith more and more.

YET... I have had more emotional and spiritual trials this year than any other time in my life. I go through periods of major depression. I go through periods of having thoughts that maybe God doesn't love me, or that He's abandoned me. And when I fight it, and do my Bible Study anyway, those thoughts tend to disappear, at least temporarily. But I have these more frequently now than I ever did before.

Anyway, again... What are your thoughts on this???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

I think you are right. That the more we draw closer to God, the more intense the Spiritual Warfare becomes

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

In general I would agree Satan in particular wants to destroy our faith as we draw closer.

I have two main cautions though. Sometimes we just notice our old dead selves more the closer we are to God. So the light is shined closer on our true condition and thus we feel that we are in a spiritual battle when we may just be looking at ourselves. Secondly we have to be very careful we don't use Satan attacking us; as an excuse for our own sinful desires. What I mean is we can actually get into a situation where we may say, well I have these very strong sinful urges and thus it must be Satan and thus I must be really close to God, so it is a good thing!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,395
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Whilst I agree that sometimes it is just that we are more aware of how far short of Gods will we fall I have to say that in the main old hairy legs wouldnt bother you so much if he thought you were " lost " already ...why fight for what is already securely your own .

Glad you know how to put on Gods armour :emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

(Please move this if it isn't in the right forum... I'm still a newbie, so be patient! :emot-highfive: )

My husband claims that the devil attacks those closest to God, or those working on getting closer to God. What are your thoughts?

I especially ask, because in the past year, I have really felt closer to the Lord than I ever had before. I found a great church home where I, literally, felt the spirit within me. I've been doing more Bible study, and I've never done that. I've just been working on my faith more and more.

YET... I have had more emotional and spiritual trials this year than any other time in my life. I go through periods of major depression. I go through periods of having thoughts that maybe God doesn't love me, or that He's abandoned me. And when I fight it, and do my Bible Study anyway, those thoughts tend to disappear, at least temporarily. But I have these more frequently now than I ever did before.

(Please move this if it isn't in the right forum... I'm still a newbie, so be patient! :emot-highfive: )

I agree with you completely. New levels ,New devils. For every victory you have in you personal warfare you go to the next level in your battle. As far as your depression goes thats a major last days assignment of satan. His major plan is to discourage you so you'll turn from God. Remember the bible says: In the last days many will fall from their faith. Do not accept any of thes lies in your walk. Stand firm on your promises from God. I usually quote scriptures outloud or sing praises to God. This type of spiritual warfare always runs demons away and cancels assignments that satan has on your every day life. I hope this advice helps-Your sister in Christ-Lorrietimbs

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I will openly admit that I don't know why I sometimes have low points and doubts. I don't know if it's my sinful nature, Satan attacking, or both. It's just something I do eventually hope to overcome.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

In general I would agree Satan in particular wants to destroy our faith as we draw closer.

I have two main cautions though. Sometimes we just notice our old dead selves more the closer we are to God. So the light is shined closer on our true condition and thus we feel that we are in a spiritual battle when we may just be looking at ourselves. Secondly we have to be very careful we don't use Satan attacking us; as an excuse for our own sinful desires. What I mean is we can actually get into a situation where we may say, well I have these very strong sinful urges and thus it must be Satan and thus I must be really close to God, so it is a good thing!

Great insight!! :P

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It has been my experience that Satan tries to destroy and buffett those who are in spiritual leadership first. He goes after the shepherds in order to hurt the sheep. That is why we need to uphold our pastors every day. They are on the front lines. If they remain healthy and strong in the Lord, and not distracted by difficulties, then we are more protected. Often the devil will attack the family of a leader to distract him or her away from the task at hand. I have seen that firsthand.

He also, I believe, can see the "markers" of potential in our lives, that reveal God's plans for us. He goes after those up-and-comers--those who seek God first.

On the other hand, he will try to take down those new believers, baby lambs, immediately after salvation and immediately after baptism. I always warn those I know who take the step of faith or go through baptism, so they will recognize the trouble that will come. He is a thief and will try to steal that person's salvation, in keeping with the conditions laid out for us in the parable of The Sower.

(Please move this if it isn't in the right forum... I'm still a newbie, so be patient! :21: )

Unfortunately in American, we worry too much about Satan and his demons attacking us. Our own flesh causes us 90% of our problems, If you are close to God, then the Word says God will not let the evil one touch you, because greater is the one who is in you, than Satan, who is is in the world. The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear the Lord. Satan may harass you by giving you a flat tire, or helping you to have a bad day, but just put on the whole armor of God, and you will extinguish the fiery darts of the evil one! Jesus already defeated Satan at the Cross! When we worry about Satan, we aren't using our energies to serve the Lord!

Edited by Cudabob