• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I think you are right. That the more we draw closer to God, the more intense the Spiritual Warfare becomes

Amen.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:21: from damo1

yes you are right on this alone as i have a heart for pastors as these guys get attacked a lot as those that are on the front line and those that are drawing close to god

seem to come under attack

many do not seem to understand what pastors have to put up with and god has given me a heart for pastors i have a close bond with my pastor and he knows when he needs to talk he can depend on us guys and he knows he can pick the ph up any time of the day or in the early hours of the morning

spot on for bringing this up

from damo1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi Jennifer, when discussing demonic attacks, be sure you seek the correct counselling, from from someone well conversed wirh scripture.

A story>>>

A couple on months ago I had a medical, including an eye test, which is mandatory down here after you have reached eighty. I had had two previously and....no problem. This time the doctor said I just scraped through with my vision test....Oh dear #1.. two days later when parking in a supermaket car space I dinged the indicater light from misjudgement... not serious, but Oh dear #2. I began to get a bit paranoid so went to an optometrist to have my eyes tested. I had been to the same one seven years ago and his diagnosis was just the same. He knocked me up a pair of long distance specs and when I tried them they were very slightly, and not enough improvement to go to the expense of a new pair.

So what I am saying, here Jennifer,never once did I cosider satan or his demons were in any way responsible for this glich in my life. I came away from the optomertrist feeling over the moon, but had I had been a youg new christian, there are some would say I was under demonic attack. I had psyched myself up to the point where I though I was losing my sight.

Most people have doubts when they are first saved, because it is hard to believe that the blood of the lamd and the infilling of the holy spirit can do what the bible says it can do. If then the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed. Jn8:36. believe it. I am not bullet proof, fireproof or waterproof, but I am demon and satan proof and saying I'm not would be an insult to the saving grace of Jesus.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Hi Jennifer, when discussing demonic attacks, be sure you seek the correct counselling, from from someone well conversed wirh scripture.

A story>>>

A couple on months ago I had a medical, including an eye test, which is mandatory down here after you have reached eighty. I had had two previously and....no problem. This time the doctor said I just scraped through with my vision test....Oh dear #1.. two days later when parking in a supermaket car space I dinged the indicater light from misjudgement... not serious, but Oh dear #2. I began to get a bit paranoid so went to an optometrist to have my eyes tested. I had been to the same one seven years ago and his diagnosis was just the same. He knocked me up a pair of long distance specs and when I tried them they were very slightly, and not enough improvement to go to the expense of a new pair.

So what I am saying, here Jennifer,never once did I cosider satan or his demons were in any way responsible for this glich in my life. I came away from the optomertrist feeling over the moon, but had I had been a youg new christian, there are some would say I was under demonic attack. I had psyched myself up to the point where I though I was losing my sight.

Most people have doubts when they are first saved, because it is hard to believe that the blood of the lamd and the infilling of the holy spirit can do what the bible says it can do. If then the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed. Jn8:36. believe it. I am not bullet proof, fireproof or waterproof, but I am demon and satan proof and saying I'm not would be an insult to the saving grace of Jesus.

Hi Jennifer, if you are walking close to The Lord Jesus, living a Holy life you are a threat to the devil. Those he pulls towards hell with him are of no threat, Eric I hear what you are saying thats where Spiritual Discernment to know the difference comes in. In my mid twentys I began haveing heart problems as well as eye difficulty. They..The docs, said I needed a pacemaker...I laughed and seeked God. The eye doctor said I was blind as a bat in which He did not understand cos I was in his office a few months back. I had 20/20 vision. He gave me eyeglasses though. I wore them with no difficulty for six months then could not wear them anymore, my eyes were improving but he was afraid now to do anything that it may be the wrong thing. Two months later my eyes were 20/20 again.

About the heart thing Jesus gave me a scripture, told me I was in a battle. I held onto that scripture and refused the pacemaker.

Now today I am older and I need reading glasses. The need for eyeglasses was nowhere like the attack I had 30 yrs ago My heart is fine today Praise the Lord... One needs to hear the voice of the Lord Jesus for themselves.

Ona sunday I was to be in church for a tremedous reason.... I had been feeling fine early but then was curled and folded up in my bed with such pain, I thought my kidneys were ready to jump out of my back.. Knowing ther was no reason for this i just kept in prayer and beared the pain... I walked into chuch upright so noone would no I was in pain at sat listening to a wonderful sermon from a visitor. I thought I was not going to make it and then all of a sudden this man stopped his sermon pointed to me and asked if i can walk to him. I could not...He had to sisters in the Lord help me.. I got to the altar embarrassed by the attention, He told each sister to place their hands exactly where my pain was. he looked me straight in the eyes and said Jesus is going to take it away. He prayed.Instantly I felt the pain lift...simultaneously. I do not know this day what it was and do not care. I was able to recieve the word of the sermon better and do what I was to do that day in the church ministry .

The blood of the Lamb of God is innocent , cleansing . reconciles us and is able to give usthe final atonement from sin. We are sanctified by the Blood of the Lamb, The infilling Of the Holy spirit..speaks, teaches ,comforts us...renews ,creates and convicts. He anoints us..illuminates the mind, bears fruit and gives us gifts and empowers us as well but no where in the word of God does it get done all at one time... If our minds nedd to be illuminated by the Holy Spirit Then it is in darkness... Have you ever read a scripture then all of a sudden understand it where previously you did not? was that a measur of stupidity or Light illuminating a area that was not enlightened... :laugh: in the Grace of God...Patricia1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

It has been my experience that Satan tries to destroy and buffet those who are in spiritual leadership first. He goes after the shepherds in order to hurt the sheep. That is why we need to uphold our pastors every day. They are on the front lines. If they remain healthy and strong in the Lord, and not distracted by difficulties, then we are more protected. Often the devil will attack the family of a leader to distract him or her away from the task at hand. I have seen that firsthand.

He also, I believe, can see the "markers" of potential in our lives, that reveal God's plans for us. He goes after those up-and-comers--those who seek God first.

On the other hand, he will try to take down those new believers, baby lambs, immediately after salvation and immediately after baptism. I always warn those I know who take the step of faith or go through baptism, so they will recognize the trouble that will come. He is a thief and will try to steal that person's salvation, in keepiong with the conditions laid out for us in the parable of The Sower.

Amen, FA!

satan LOVES it when we say it's not him at work. If we don't think it's him, we won't fight him off. My thinking on it is that you haven't lost anything if you battle satan when it's not him, but you may lose a great deal if it IS him and you don't do battle against him. As someone has said, quote scripture, sing praises, lift up the name of Jesus. It makes you feel better and it drives satan nuts :P !

That is the truth and I also like what Mike 2 states...

If the whole head is sick then the body follows and I am talking about pastors and congregations not the physical. patricia1

Guest Chris777

satan LOVES it when we say it's not him at work. If we don't think it's him, we won't fight him off. My thinking on it is that you haven't lost anything if you battle satan when it's not him, but you may lose a great deal if it IS him and you don't do battle against him. As someone has said, quote scripture, sing praises, lift up the name of Jesus. It makes you feel better and it drives satan nuts :24: !

He sure does. I had an experience in my life recently where demons were possessing ppl around me to make me think everyone was part of some organization that was going to physically torture me unless i killed myself. I would not believe that this was the devil and thought ppl were really doing this to me or i was going crazy. I ran from college scared to death and went to several hospitals taking several mediacations that did NOTHING. Satan knows the potential i have and wanted me DEAD. In my opinion in america most ppl even believers have NO CLUE how much Satan is working in our lives. Just because ppl arent slithering around and cutting themselves does not mean they are not possessed/or being used by the devil to fulfill his purpose against the children of God. Anyways i recently realized what was happening and explained everything to my doctor and he has taken me off of medications and believes i am "getting better" (i had no illness) because of my "belief" in God. Ive seen spiritual possession and in america satan is doing it incognito which is much much scarier when you consider the implications. Once you realize this the devil no longer cares to remain anonymous when he attacks you. Here are a few examples of some attacks ive had. Nightmares where i realize later in the dream that i am in hell. over and over and over every night extremely vivid and realistic dreams. They have finally started to ease up once i realized this was the devil attacking me and i rebuke him using scripture. If i have one now i laugh when i wake up cuz i no that positonally since the Holy spirit dwells in me and Christ dwells in heaven i am in fact already with Him in heaven. Another besides his murder plot against me was i was driving my car raising my Bible up in the air praising God and a car pulled up next to me and a guy looked over at me glaring like he wanted to kill me and raised up a Bible and shook his fist at me. THIS WAS POSSESSION! I said simply the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. Another i was at shopnsave at 5 in the morning with my father and was waiting outside my car for him to come out. about 5 suvs pulled up at 5 in the morning at an empty parking lot with no reason to be there at all. "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom" BOOM THEY SPED OFF! now that i understand that ppl werent doing this to me and im not crazy (since ive taked 20 different meds and none helped me) by trusting in God I immediately recognized his attacks and use scripture/singing hymns to defeat him. I tried resisting the devil everyway i could besides trusting God. Trust me God is the only one who can deliver you from some1 as powerful as the devil because God is all powerful! Anyways im going back to college in the fall and everything God delivers. nice job lltimbs patricia1 and floatingaxe btw. You guys are true believers. :P

You certainly ARE a powerful tool for God. No wonder satan worked so hard to fool you.

Today was a typical morning in my house. I woke up at 6:30am and made coffee. My daughter was in the shower. I woke my son up and layed out his clothes for him to dress himself. After he was finished, we started on his homework. By the time he was eating his breakfast, I realized that my daughter was not making any noise from her bedroom and I walked in to find her sleeping again. She was now going to be late for school. She quickly got dressed and I went back into the kitchen to be verbally battered by my unsaved husband. He was yelling at me and cursing and saying horrible things to me. This did not help anything but only made the situation worse. I tried to explain this to him but he refused to leave the kitchen. I continued to get my son ready to walk out the door and hurried my daughter again. My husband continued to spit curses at me, calling me a failure and telling me he was going to laugh at me every time my daughter is late for school and he is documenting every time so he can use it against me. I was crying by the time I was in the car, driving my daughter to school. She was only late by a few minutes but satan took advantage of this and made the whole experience mortifying for all of us. I prayed, on my way home, that God would make him stay away from me somehow, so I could make the rest of my son's morning pleasant for him before school. Little did I know, God had already had a plan, my husband informed me that he had been called into work early. What a relief. I thanked God over coffee and laundry. He is truly Good.

Spiritual attacks come in MANY forms. I didn't blame my husband. I didn't blame my daughter. I knew who it was working against me this morning but I also knew who he was REALLY fighting. God is by my side and satan doesn't stand a chance.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Yes exactly!

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. -Eph 6:12

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think your husband is right. I say, fight it.

I think your husband is right. I say, fight it.

Were you saying that to me? And if so, right about what?