• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

...Who says you can't rationalize with a demon.

I found this out first hand.

When my husband was yelling at me, just before I walked out of the house with my daughter, he smiled, as if he was a drooling wolf laughing at his wounded prey. The face I saw was not his and, without thinking, I called him a snake. His smile left him, he walked calmly outside and finished his smoke on the step, without saying anything more. I immediately thought of the way Peter was called "satan" by Jesus. Jesus wasn't calling Peter satan, He was talking to satan who was pulling Peter's strings and manipulating him. That's what I mean when I say that very often is is God fighting my battles for me and I'm fearless in this knowledge that He will always protect, calm and never harm.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

From what I've experienced, Satan attacks where God is moving the most!.

WHY

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalms 42

:th_wave:

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Chris777
...Who says you can't rationalize with a demon.

I found this out first hand.

When my husband was yelling at me, just before I walked out of the house with my daughter, he smiled, as if he was a drooling wolf laughing at his wounded prey. The face I saw was not his and, without thinking, I called him a snake. His smile left him, he walked calmly outside and finished his smoke on the step, without saying anything more. I immediately thought of the way Peter was called "satan" by Jesus. Jesus wasn't calling Peter satan, He was talking to satan who was pulling Peter's strings and manipulating him. That's what I mean when I say that very often is is God fighting my battles for me and I'm fearless in this knowledge that He will always protect, calm and never harm.

wow yes mam Ja Luv :thumbsup:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I do not know one christian who is not having a battle. But we have the victory Through Christ Jesus...

Well Patricia, you know one now. My life has never been a walk in the park, In fact for the most part it's been a bummer, but it has always been my own doing. How can you say in one breath that we have the victory through Christ Jesus, and in the next say that he is invading your life. The enemy has no control over my life.........none zip zilch niente zero.

Oh satan and his demons are there alright, but they can only bother the stragglers of little faith when they leave the sanctuary of the temple and go walk about in enemy territory. Keep defending the faith Patricia and you'll be a winner. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I do not know one christian who is not having a battle. But we have the victory Through Christ Jesus...

Well Patricia, you know one now. My life has never been a walk in the park, In fact for the most part it's been a bummer, but it has always been my own doing. How can you say in one breath that we have the victory through Christ Jesus, and in the next say that he is invading your life. The enemy has no control over my life.........none zip zilch niente zero.

Oh satan and his demons are there alright, but they can only bother the stragglers of little faith when they leave the sanctuary of the temple and go walk about in enemy territory. Keep defending the faith Patricia and you'll be a winner. :thumbsup:

John 15:19

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

John 17:14-15

"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. "I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one.

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/13/1964

What an awesome thread! I'm truly blessed by it! So much truth in this thread, many confirmations and it shows we're all going through one form of battle or other; praise God for you for starting this thread! Keep pressing on toward the mark of the high calling! Hallelujah!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I was thinking the same thing, sofiag1964, and welcome to Worthy! :wub:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I was thinking the same thing, sofiag1964, and welcome to Worthy! :thumbsup:

Eric I do base my statements on thing you may not understand..Faith without works are dead. Because sweet eric when the enemy comes around we have Victory through Jesus to rebuke him. It is not i...It is because of the blood of Jesus we have Victory and do many exploits.

where do you get the idea the enemy is invadeing my Life? have been tested through fiery trials..I have been in the desert looking over the world and riches I can have...have been tempted from all sides... It is a part of our walk

1Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised over the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your TESTING, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of CHRIST, keep on rejoicing; sothat also at the revelation of His glory, you may rejoice with exultation.

If you are reviled for the name of Christ, You are Blessed because the spirit of glory rests upon you

verse 17

For it is Time for judgement to begin with the household of God; And if it begins with us first, what will the outcome for those who do not obey the Gospel of God. Therefore let those who Suffer according to the will of God entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

It is not the suffering per se but what you do in the suffering...you should be being made more into Our lord Jesus.

If Jesus was tempted we should be also.. The fruit of the Spirit of God, The Holy Spirit works in our life and should be shown...

the be-atitudes show us that we will mourn. .. B Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets bforee you...

It is faith that one is able to extinguish ALL the flaming missiles of thr evil one.

It is the faith i have in the faithfulness of God our father which keeps the Hope going.

I have the faith in Gods gifts to me, salvation being number one...I have faith in the Gospel... It is faith that That God will begin a good work in me and finish it. Living by faith resisting evil and overcoming the world has made me strong, Faith needs to be a livig reality in ones life. Every one is given a measure of faith and all those Jesus counts as great men of faith suffered for that faith.. So as one judges let be for that one to be judged by the same measure.

Unlike what you may think My walk and testimonies are for the Glory of God alone

When I was pregnant and dying, it was faith and the word of the Lord who promised me Emily, who by the way Jesus called her name not me.., in spite of what others said, I had a wonderful labor and a healthy girl. The fruit of my faith rewarded.

love you and maybe you have a better understanding where I am coming from and when I say I am worried about those who are not in a battle , 90% of the christians I know are having battles...The other 10% are overseas ministering i expect are having battles too but I cannot speak for what I do not know, it is part of a soldiers Life if they are in Christ.... :):59_59: :

(Please move this if it isn't in the right forum... I'm still a newbie, so be patient! :thumbsup: )

My husband claims that the devil attacks those closest to God, or those working on getting closer to God. What are your thoughts?

I especially ask, because in the past year, I have really felt closer to the Lord than I ever had before. I found a great church home where I, literally, felt the spirit within me. I've been doing more Bible study, and I've never done that. I've just been working on my faith more and more.

YET... I have had more emotional and spiritual trials this year than any other time in my life. I go through periods of major depression. I go through periods of having thoughts that maybe God doesn't love me, or that He's abandoned me. And when I fight it, and do my Bible Study anyway, those thoughts tend to disappear, at least temporarily. But I have these more frequently now than I ever did before.

Anyway, again... What are your thoughts on this???

i'm jumping into this conversation a bit late, so someone else has probably already said exactly what i'm about to say.

without a doubt, satan absolutely does attack those who are closer to God. i believe he attacks those not closest to God just as hard, maybe, but perhaps not with the same kind of tenacity that he does christians. as to why he does things that way, i think the answer is pretty easy. the more he shakes the christian's faith, the less and less effective that person will be as a witness to others.

satan can't steal us from God, but if he can render us useless, he stands a better chance of preventing others from being led to Christ.