• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Hi,

Great post,

I agree a lie is a lie and I try to think very carefully before I answer some questions so that I dont lie as I hate lies.

Isnt it good that satan has lost, and although we are still in battle we are on the winning side. Praise God

:whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Good post, :emot-highfive: and a really good point you made, we need to KNOW the truth to defeat the enemy.

How many Christians and i include myself in this dont KNOW the truth and are defeated by Satan through ignorance.

That got me thinking of how many verses Paul speaks about Christians not knowing the truth. So I looked some up to to share with you all.

Rom 6:3 Do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death?

Rom 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you yield yourselves as slaves for obedience, you are slaves to him whom you obey; whether it is of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness.

Rom 7:1 Or are you ignorant, brothers; for I speak to those who know the Law; that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?

Is the law sin? Let it not be said! But I did not know sin except through the law. For also I did not know lust except the law said, You shall not lust.

1Co 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1Co 5:6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?

1Co 6:2 Do you not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world shall be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1Co 6:3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels, not to mention the things of this life?

1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexual

1Co 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them the members of a harlot? Let it not be!

1Co 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit in you, whom you have of God? And you are not your oww

1Co 9:13 Do you not know that those who minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? And those attending the altar are partakers with the altar

1Co 9:24 Do you not know that those running in a race all run, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:P from damo1

thanks Wayne B

I read what you had shared as this is something the lord has also been placing on my heart as i understand were you are at as i will be speaking in the philippines next year my self my partner is a pastor in Bacolod and one of her pastors does prison Ministry and he Invited me to Share to over 200 inmates that come to his Bible Study Group and i said it Would be an Honor being an x inmate my Self wear i Served time in SilverWater Jail and in Goulbunre jail which is now our Jail for hard thugs and gang members and those who come up for Charges as a terroist

So i know how important this is as i Will be Getting Married there also next year and when i Get my Partner hear i will be Studying as their is a Calling in my life as i have a Pastors heart and having the Chance to Share to a female friend of mine who is in Jail for Murder her Self i know i Can do this on a full time basis as i am Also Going to be Applying for my Clearance and Several are Praying when i do put the paper work that my past will not effect my Clearance as i can Go in with a Pastor or a Chaplin but i want to do this on my Own Accord

As i have a heart for Inmates and i want to see these men come around as we have Christian Inmates know in Long Bay and in Silver Water reaching out to other Inmates in a Power full way yet wear they are hungry to be fed they also need good leaders to guide them EQuip them and Encourage Them to use there gifts as its not the same for these Brothers and Sisters to wear they can come to a Church and be Among Us

So Thank You Very Much Wayne B FOR Sharing This Good Post :mglisten:

Blessings from damo1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:wub: from damo1

thanks Wayne B

I read what you had shared as this is something the lord has also been placing on my heart as i understand were you are at as i will be speaking in the philippines next year my self my partner is a pastor in Bacolod and one of her pastors does prison Ministry and he Invited me to Share to over 200 inmates that come to his Bible Study Group and i said it Would be an Honor being an x inmate my Self wear i Served time in SilverWater Jail and in Goulbunre jail which is now our Jail for hard thugs and gang members and those who come up for Charges as a terroist

So i know how important this is as i Will be Getting Married there also next year and when i Get my Partner hear i will be Studying as their is a Calling in my life as i have a Pastors heart and having the Chance to Share to a female friend of mine who is in Jail for Murder her Self i know i Can do this on a full time basis as i am Also Going to be Applying for my Clearance and Several are Praying when i do put the paper work that my past will not effect my Clearance as i can Go in with a Pastor or a Chaplin but i want to do this on my Own Accord

As i have a heart for Inmates and i want to see these men come around as we have Christian Inmates know in Long Bay and in Silver Water reaching out to other Inmates in a Power full way yet wear they are hungry to be fed they also need good leaders to guide them EQuip them and Encourage Them to use there gifts as its not the same for these Brothers and Sisters to wear they can come to a Church and be Among Us

So Thank You Very Much Wayne B FOR Sharing This Good Post :thumbsup:

Blessings from damo1

excellent... I also use praise and worship as a weapon and I love James Mcdonald. In any battle one cannot let their Guard down. Praise the Lord You got to minister and spread the fire and annointing... the enemy was angry but you did not give in to His wiles. He tries to steal it all from us. and the others who would be blessed. Jesus can give us his next move if we ask..I think of it as a chess game and i need to figure out the opponents move so I can trump him so to speak. To do this one must always seek God since he sees it all and can instruct us accordingly.. I am jumping for joy for you ..Amen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think it is unhealthy to get too focused on what the Devil is doing. What happens is you start to over spiritualize events, and your life with God slides into a works based Christianity. If something bad happens (your washer breaks down), you think you blew it. When things go well, you think your works is the reason. It becomes very self- focused. Furthermore, it leads to condemning others, a lot of the time unjustly.

If you look at each of the verses dealing with Satan and the Devil, the object is to be humble, trust God and keep His Word in our minds. Doing that accomplishes all that is needed. I don

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I think it is unhealthy to get too focused on what the Devil is doing.

I agree but it is equally unhealthy to ignore his existence and/or not be wary of his influence. Look up the passages of Scripture provided throughout the study and you will see that the Enemy of God is discussed in great detail from Genesis to Revelation. Ignore the outline...just look up the passages provided. It isn't a "small percentage" of the Bible.

Paul spoke of "flaming arrows of the evil one" that are shot at each and every one of us. Not just an ordinary arrow but one that can serious damage if they stick!! He also emphasized that a battle is waging in the spiritual realm and that we are affected by it, which is why we must wear the Armor of God that He provided.

Therefore, should the Enemy of God consume our thoughts? Absolutely not. Should we just ignore him though? Absolutely not. Is the Enemy's influence only in regards to false teachers? Absolutely not. His focus is to do everything he can to undermine and hurt God; therefore our focus should be, as James wrote, to submit to our sovereign God and resist the devil.

So there is a balance to be found: being too focused on the Enemy and giving him too much credit can be dangerous by taking our eyes off the Lord but not knowing his tactics and ways can be equally as dangerous opening us up to his attacks.

It's nice to meet you deb; I see this was your first post and appreciate you choosing to share your opinion in this study. I hope you find your time here edifying as we continue to grow in Christ together.

May the Lord Bless you richly,

wayne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Wayne.

I agree. I understand much better where you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Hi Wayne.

I agree. I understand much better where you

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

it is about time i had some new runnin' shoes - thanks for remindin' me

btw, great study! thx

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Overall, I must say 'bravo!' But I do have a problem with #10, reproduced below for your convenience.

10. He is a defeated enemy!!! He loses; we win through Christ. 1 John 3:8; Colossians 2:15; Revelation 20:10. Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. [2 Corinthians 3:4]

The author switches from a present tense to a future tense. If satan IS defeated, then we HAVE WON--not 'we win' as the author has it.

Use faith in the name of Jesus Christ to defeat Satan. You can command devils to leave or rebuke the devils in the name of Jesus Christ.

You can say I rebuke you satan, in the name of Jesus Christ. Then trust in the power of God to stop the devil from doing what he was doing. Or you can say, I rebuke you devil, in the named of Jesus Christ.

Rebuke: definition: to check or repress. to stop. to hold back, restrain

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Luke 9:42 And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare [him]. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.

Edited by antiaging