IGNORED

What we MUST know regarding the Enemy!

WayneB

Guest SoulsForChrist

I really enjoyed reading your post about knowing the enemy. My main motto is "the devil is defeated by the word of our testimony and by the blood of the lamb". Many times satan comes at us and tries to shame us into thinking that no one else has gone through or is going through what we are. Exposing the devil is crucial and lining everything up with the word of God. Praise God that we have won! Jesus already won the battle for us. Many blessings! Christine

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

just say 'IN THE NAME OF JESUS I REBUKE YOU. , OR IN THE NAME OF JESUS YOU ARE DEFEATED., OR JUST... IN THE NAME OF JESUS" he will have to flee when you resist him in this way or just by resisting him and claiming the NAME OF JESUS

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

My question is, what is the best way to suss out when the devil is trying to trick us by making things seem like the 'right' path when it is the wrong path? Especially if you're in the thick of it and it's hard to tell you're even GOING down the wrong path?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

My question is, what is the best way to suss out when the devil is trying to trick us by making things seem like the 'right' path when it is the wrong path? Especially if you're in the thick of it and it's hard to tell you're even GOING down the wrong path?

That's a GREAT question. My opinion?

Spiritually speaking, when we are in the Word and pray in the Spirit [Ephesians 6:17,18], I believe that we can't go wrong. I believe God provides us the wisdom "that comes down from heaven" [James 3:17] to discern the difference.

Practically speaking, look at the eventual outcome. If it feels good and looks good in the short haul but doesn't glorify God in the end, it needs to be questioned.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Appreciate that story about the donkey.........

Appreciate that story about the donkey.........

:emot-hug: It was what drew me to listen to James MacDonald... a humble servant spirit. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

Awesome Study Brother Wayne! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

maybe if we all had a donkey speak to us (from GOD )of course we would listen for a change

• Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

maybe if we all had a donkey speak to us (from GOD )of course we would listen for a change

This study outline was posted back in 2007 but is still relevant, maybe even more so, with the state of our nation today.  I edited the original post slightly and attached a copy of the study outline in a Word document to the original post and this post.   Although it is just an outline, it provides a lot of Scriptures for you to reference and study.  One insight I added since the original is from the Book of Acts Chapter 28.

But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat and fastened itself on his hand. When the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they began saying to one another, “Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, and though he has been saved from the sea, justice has not allowed him to live.” However he shook the creature off into the fire and suffered no harm.

Snake venom not only kills the physical body but destroys flesh.   Wikipedia states, "Snake venom is highly modified saliva containing zootoxins which facilitates the immobilization and digestion of prey, and defends against threats.  A complex mixture of proteins, enzymes, and various other substances with toxic and lethal properties[ serves to immobilize the prey animal, enzymes play an important role in the digestion of prey."    SIN is much like snake venom...it immobilizes and consumes us spiritually.   So what is the proper response when the "Snake" (a metaphor for the Enemy) grabs hold of us and begins to inject sin into our life?   We simply shake him off!!!! 

Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  James 4:7

Be blessed saints!

Know Your Enemy.doc