• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

On Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 11:12 AM, shiloh357 said:

You would be glad to know that many of the kids that put me through that have since grown out of it. They came to their senses, and we have made our peace with one another concerning what happened. Essentially, they grew up. I recieved a letter from one of the guys who beat me up in highschool a few years ago, and he currently lives in Virginia and attends "Congregation Ohev Yisrael"

a Messianic Congregation there. He found my number and called me up weeping over the phone. We had a good time of fellowship then. He has written me since and his job keeps moving him around, so he will be leaving Virginia soon. he promises to keep in touch and to find a Messianic Congregation to attend whenever possible.

So, that has allowed me to heal quite a bit. My experiences are something that I do not want anyone to go through no matter what race they belong to. No one should be put through that, espicially at an age when emotions are fragile.

Others have apologized as well in recent times. So for the most part all is well.

I still have a lot to work on. It is one of the greatest struggles of all time for me not to take certain remarks on this board personally. I am not proud of that. I have lashed out innappropriately at times, and have had to go back and delete certain remarks. At one point I got so frustrated at myself, I asked George to de-member me. So there are some things I am still working out. That does not mean I can ever allow anti-Semitism to go unchallenged, but as has been said, I am going to have to allow the Lord to work through these situations as He sees fit.

Yod, Nebula thank you both for your remarks. I have nothing but the highest respect for both of you. Perhaps one day can sit at a table and "kibbitz" (chat)around some bagels, knishes and Chicken/lentil soup. Jews love to "nosh" (eat).

Hey Shiloh,

Chicken lentils soup...that does sound good. My whole time coming up I don't think I ever meet someone Jewish. Of course I heard of the holocost but that seemed like something from a distant, remote past. In my early twenties I was working for an over the road truck driver in Wash. DC. I met this Jewish guy who fled Nazi Germany and had to leave his wife behind, he said she ended up at Auschwitz. Stunned I told him sorry for your loss but he says, I didn't lose her she'll be here later. That was the first Jew I had ever met and that some pretty disturbing casual conversation. It was also fascinating to hear him tell the story.

I'm a big history buff and if there one thing I'm sure of it's that the decline of Middle Eastern influence is directly related to Arab approval of Nazi genocide. And the Germans ran off all the Jewish nucleure scientists who went to White Sands New Mexico and created the most devastating weapon in history. I could go on but I'm getting to a point here.

I have always been into apologetics, as a New Christian the first thing I wanted was evidence for faith and Scripture. One of the best arguments I've ever heard was by a Rabbi, they played it on Focus on the Family. He describes how for two thousand years Israel maintains it's bloodline, religion, national identity, culture and traditions. Then they return to there homeland, he says you want to see a miracke are proof for God look at Israel. 

Just one more and I'll stop. John Mark is credited with writing the first gospel account and one of the earliest books of the New Testament. But did you know John Mark and Barnabas where Levites and trained Scribes? The single strongest proof for the reliability of the Scriptures are the 30,000 extant manuscripts that do not divirge significantly on any point of doctrine or history. You want to know why? Cause if you say Rome your wrong. Its our Hebrew heritage.

Like I say I could go on but I just can't imagine being anti-Semitic, still be a Christian, and not be filled with self loathing. It would be like calling myself a patriot and disposing the founding fathers. All believers are spiritual descendants of Abraham, you think antisemitism is Christian you don't know your Bible. 

The one thing I identified with the strongest is when he said I'm not a Christian because of the kindness of Christians. I've enjoyed Christian kindness before and after conversion and that's got nothing to do with it. It was ultimately the Scriptures, the most enduring of our Jewish traditions that showed me the way back to God, clothed in the righteousness of God in Christ just like our spiritual father Abraham, David and the holy Apostles

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I am aware that the sentiment against Jews exists in the church.  These people are ignorant and do not know their roots or the bible.  We are (gentiles) grafted in, not the other way around and because they are ignorant do not recognize that many things that are done in churchs actually came out of the Jeewish.  I welcome not only you but also your wealth of knowledge concerning Jewish things and how it translates into Christianity

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/18/2016 at 7:09 PM, Bluebird said:

I often wonder what it means to the practicing Jewish person to be spiritual. I have heard they have deep family ties, and what little I have heard about people who practice the OT Judaism, they sound like beautiful people with lovely rituals. When a Jewish person/family accepts Jesus Christ as Savior and Messiah, how much of the old ways are they able to keep?

Practically all of them.   What changes is who the HIGH PRIEST is,  and the sacrifices for sin atonement that are no longer needed.

Note that the "rituals" are ones that YHWH directed (for faithful ones), not man-made.