IGNORED

Greetings

Guest rottingteeth

Guest rottingteeth

I have a message that should give christians peace, if they have any troubles. I can't post it in the section of the forum for believers, I would put it in "Testimonies" or "Absolutely Positive"...but I guess I'll just post it here.

I had an epiphany a few months ago. I was thinking about people who believe that we're saved by our works, and not faith. I was raised to believe that once someone is saved, they're always saved, no matter what they do. but I was worried about it, and questioning my salvation. it was very depressing. I knew I believed in God, and I believed Jesus died for my sins. but I had tastes and desires that troubled me, and I worried a lot about whether or not the things I enjoyed (or even just thought about) were sins, and if I was going to hell.

in kindergarten I was going to a private school, and we had this memory goal we could complete and recite at the end of the year and get a trophy. we had to memorize verses that started with a letter of the alphabet, one for each letter. G was "God is love" 1 John 4:8, and I remember it vividly because it was an easy one, I think it was the shortest one. another memory I have is a time later on, I must have been around 12, I went to sunday school and the lesson was "do not worry". I don't remember the lesson, just the subject, but for some reason it stuck with me.

a few months ago I was worrying profusely about the fate of my soul. I didn't go to church and I didn't read the bible. I believed in Jesus, and was raised to believe that faith was enough, but I worried about it still. I was worried about plenty of other things, too...a lot was going on with my family, and I was suspecting that I had bi-polar disorder...I wondered how it was possible to not have any worries.

thinking about all this one day, it hit me. God doesn't want us to worry because He LOVES US! when I love someone, I don't want them to worry at all, and God IS love! worry doesn't just give us emotional stress, it prevents us from seeing things clearly. and when we worry, we're hurting, and if we hurt it hurts others. ever since that day I've had no worries. I've been able to see clearly, I've been able to help a lot of people, instead of needing help myself! I do have concerns but there is a great difference between worries and concerns. worrying is dwelling on something we think is bad, and having stress and fear over it. a concern is simply something we think about that we haven't yet brought to a conclusion!

now, if I'm not sure if something is a sin or not, I think "is this hurting anyone, including myself?" if so, then I know it's ungodly. if I'm not sure, I go with what I feel is right; I stay concerned about it but I don't worry. I'm so much happier now, I have no stress, I've started reading the bible and studying more in general. I've learned SO MANY things in just the past month, more than I ever did before. I've actually been able to help others instead of always needing help myself!

so, don't worry! God loves you and he wants you to be happy! how can you learn more about Him and help others, if you let your mind get clouded with troubles?

Edited by rottingteeth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Too many times worries get in the way of a right relationship with God. There's an old saying "Let go and let God". It is sometimes hard because, as humans, we hold on and think that God is too busy to care about my problem, or it's to trivial for God. The truth is, He wants us to cast on Him our every care.

It sounds as if God is dealig with you and opening doors to closer relationship. Stay in you Bible.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

great post! welcome :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

Welcome aboard, rottingteeth. Thanks for sharing that; I needed it. :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome to Worthy!! I moved this from Worthy Welcome to General Discussion

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

RT ... Welcome to Worthy!

You are correct by saying that worry is wrong. We can not add one cubic to our stature by worrying. We can not add one day to our lives by worrying. Good for you for seeing this. God wants all of us to see this.

As for works, they have their place. We are not save by works, but by grace. But, we are to be rewarded for our works. Study this and be blessed.

And as Trusting Jesus stated, study the Word of God. This is His instructional book for us to live by.

I'll be looking forward to your posts.

• Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Great testimony RT. Welcome and hope to see more posts from you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I have a message that should give christians peace, if they have any troubles. I can't post it in the section of the forum for believers, I would put it in "Testimonies" or "Absolutely Positive"...but I guess I'll just post it here.

I had an epiphany a few months ago. I was thinking about people who believe that we're saved by our works, and not faith. I was raised to believe that once someone is saved, they're always saved, no matter what they do. but I was worried about it, and questioning my salvation. it was very depressing. I knew I believed in God, and I believed Jesus died for my sins. but I had tastes and desires that troubled me, and I worried a lot about whether or not the things I enjoyed (or even just thought about) were sins, and if I was going to hell.

in kindergarten I was going to a private school, and we had this memory goal we could complete and recite at the end of the year and get a trophy. we had to memorize verses that started with a letter of the alphabet, one for each letter. G was "God is love" 1 John 4:8, and I remember it vividly because it was an easy one, I think it was the shortest one. another memory I have is a time later on, I must have been around 12, I went to sunday school and the lesson was "do not worry". I don't remember the lesson, just the subject, but for some reason it stuck with me.

a few months ago I was worrying profusely about the fate of my soul. I didn't go to church and I didn't read the bible. I believed in Jesus, and was raised to believe that faith was enough, but I worried about it still. I was worried about plenty of other things, too...a lot was going on with my family, and I was suspecting that I had bi-polar disorder...I wondered how it was possible to not have any worries.

thinking about all this one day, it hit me. God doesn't want us to worry because He LOVES US! when I love someone, I don't want them to worry at all, and God IS love! worry doesn't just give us emotional stress, it prevents us from seeing things clearly. and when we worry, we're hurting, and if we hurt it hurts others. ever since that day I've had no worries. I've been able to see clearly, I've been able to help a lot of people, instead of needing help myself! I do have concerns but there is a great difference between worries and concerns. worrying is dwelling on something we think is bad, and having stress and fear over it. a concern is simply something we think about that we haven't yet brought to a conclusion!

now, if I'm not sure if something is a sin or not, I think "is this hurting anyone, including myself?" if so, then I know it's ungodly. if I'm not sure, I go with what I feel is right; I stay concerned about it but I don't worry. I'm so much happier now, I have no stress, I've started reading the bible and studying more in general. I've learned SO MANY things in just the past month, more than I ever did before. I've actually been able to help others instead of always needing help myself!

so, don't worry! God loves you and he wants you to be happy! how can you learn more about Him and help others, if you let your mind get clouded with troubles?

How so much sense and continuity can come out of one mind and soul is beyond me, but you my friend have said SO MUCH with SO FEW words and you are RIGHT ON! You probably noticed when you began to get back under the wing on the Father and through reading and meditating on the word that you began to lose the feeling of fear and the thoughts of "bi-polar" disorder began to subside as well....THAT'S NO ACCIDENT. The same happened to me for a short time. But because I've always jogged and exercised and worked out, I never realized that I might have the disorder until I was injured for about a year and had to lay off of everything. That was many years ago and I now have the exercise routine under control again and no symptoms of any type of disorder....But don't think for a second that I don't know that God has HIS hand in it all...

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/13/1981

Welcome to the forum rotting teeth. I loved your message. :P