Karen C.

Guest leejosepho

Karen:

Greetings again!

About the name "Jesus", I am saying:

1) There are one or more false messiahs using that name;

2) It does not exclusively identify "Yah's Shua" (Salvation);

3) more.

Before answering your second question, we need to discuss what YahShua meant by, "in His name".  To wit: He did not mean "using His name" ... rather, He meant what He said!

But since YahShua's name is not "Jesus" any more than yours is "Casey", we can know every "true 'Jesus'" is an imposter.

That is probably a bit much for you at the moment, but stay cool ...

May I make two simple suggestions?

Instead of calling the One who created us "God", just begin calling the One who created us, "the One who created us";

Instead of calling the Son of the One who created us "Jesus", just begin calling Him "the Son of the One who created us"!

In other words:

Turn your eyes on YahShua,

Look full in His wonderful face,

And the things of Earth will grow strangely dim ...

Try it ... see for yourself!

• 8 years later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Very Interesting And Informative Exchange Of Thoughts

And Experiences Well Worth The Revisit IMO

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:

of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,

that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Does Galatians 5:20 Condemn the Use of All Drugs?

By Wayne Jackson

"In Galatians 5:20 Paul condems ‘sorcery’ as a work of the flesh. The Greek word, I understand, is pharmakeia, which is related to our modern word, ‘pharmacy.’ How would this passage relate to the use of drugs today?"

The Greek word, pharmakeia (Gal. 5:20) derives from the term pharmakon. The original term had to do with "medicine" (like an ointment), or "a potion," whether for good (as used by a physician), or for "evil" (as in the administration of poison).

The term could signify a drug. Herodotus, the ancient Greek historian, tells of a man named Arcesilaus, who "fell sick," and while "under the influence of a drug [pharmakon] which he had taken, was strangled" by one of his own brothers (IV.160).

With the passing of time, the term came to be associated with pagan ceremonies, sometimes in connection with the use of drugs. The term could simply take on the sense of charm, spell, incantation, or enchantment (Liddell & Scott, Greek-English Lexicon, 1741).

Some scholars think that Ezekiel may have referred to such practices when he condemned those who "put the branch to their nose" (8:17), though the phrase is very ambiguous (cf. J. Stafford Wright, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1976, II, 558).

What Paul condemns in the Galatian letter is not the legitimate use of drugs for medicinal purposes (see 1 Tim. 5:23); rather, it was the "magical," drug-induced "spells" interwoven with paganism.

In principle, the term might well apply today to those who use drugs as mind-altering substances for recreational (or even religious) purposes.

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/473-does-galatians-5-20-condemn-the-use-of-all-drugs

• 9 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/13/2002 at 1:35 PM, Karen C. said:

First, it tells us that man was created perfect, both in physique and intelligence. He had a perfect knowledge of God, even to the point of open fellowship with Him. He was devoid of superstition.

Why would man have the perfection that he had and still strive for more, Adam is as guilty as Satan in my book. Because of Adams choice many people suffer and only the strong can defeat Satan and his demons in this life. Its not so easy to become saved, i wish everyone luck and success on trying to do that.