IGNORED

How to Increase Your Prayer Effectiveness?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Hello everyone, I have a question about increasing our prayer effectiveness.. I feel as though, because I've backslided several times that my prayer effectiveness is reduced...? When I read passages in the Bible like below.. I get upset that I dont have the kind of relationship with our Heavenly Father when I can ask him. "Should I go do this?" and he would would respond, "go do it."

Have you guys ever felt this way as well? How did you increase your prayer effectiveness? I want to be really good such that I can pray and help people in times of need.. including myself. Thanks for reading!

1 Samuel 23:

1 When David was told, "Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah and are looting the threshing floors,"

2 he inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?"

The LORD answered him, "Go, attack the Philistines and save Keilah."

1 Samuel 23:

12 Again David asked, "Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul?"

And the LORD said, "They will."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

high how are you give it time my friend those two verses you jotted down are good ones what i find the more i spend time in reading gods word it helps me to understand how important prayer is as i do not start my day with out at least spending an hour in prayer and then when i am walking or riding my mountain bike to work i also just draw close to god and pray

you know the servant of Elisha learnt an important lesson he was not able to see what Elisha saw as Elisha saw in the spirit realm as the servant only understood what was going on in the natural realm

until his eyes were opened as Elisha prayed this prayer in Kings 6 verse 17

And Elisha prayed o lord open his eyes so he may see then the lord opened the servants eyes and he looked and he saw the the hills full of horses and chariots of fire around Elisha

this servant saw that their was no way out for them and he new they were in trouble but Elisha saw what he could not see and trusted in god

in your free time read Kings 6 and this will amaze you how god answers our prayers and he can help you also get to a point in your life wear you Will be able to pray

as its the flesh craving for other things and if you have the spirit living with in the holy spirit can help you over come this

i have back sliden several times my self yet the problem with me i would go three steps forward and take two steps back wards as my past was always holding me back when i would pray other things would come to mind or an old flame i use to go out with the way i over came this is tamed my flesh to were it was not in control i turned everything off Ph TV and Mobil Ph and then i just prayed i asked the spirit to help me and know i am able to pray for 2 hrs i have also been on an all night prayer and fast several of us guys hear get together and we go to a place away in the bush it has cabins toilets and cooking facilities we do this every 4 months and pray for 2 days straight

i had some good leaders around me as i am in an aboriginal church hear in Australia and the aboriginal people of this land are very connected to the land and to the spirits of the land i had my pastor who is also an aboriginal elder of this community and other Australians and these men encouraged me to jump in the deep end and get out of my comfort zone and you know when you are around some strong prayer warriors your spirit connects and your spirit yerns for the same things these men have and they just encouraged me in love to just let go and dive in the deep end

if you pray openly he Will answer you openly and he will help you

blessings from your brother in the lord Damien

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

i made a mistake read 2kings 6 verse 17 or you can read the hole of 2kings 6 also numbers 13 14 and you say this over your self you have the same spirit to over come you have the same spirit to take possesion of wear ever your feet tred and you have the right to pray over your house and over your area you live in the same god that worked in these men in numbers 13 14 also works in us today

blessings from damo1 your brother in the lord damien

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

God Bless you guys really! I pray that you all receive a double portion for what you have done here. Thank you! Because of your replys my faith has been made stronger and I will do all that is said. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! GOD is so GREAT and WONDERFUL for HIM to send me people like you to help me. And yes, I will always ask the Holy Spirit to Guide me as well. Thank you all I really mean it!! :noidea:

• 9 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/16/2010 at 10:53 AM, jesussaves said:

It is said that if we were to help the butterfly remove itself from the cocoon, the butterfly would not be strong enough to survive. It is the struggle that prepares the butterfly to become strong enough to fly. Without the struggle in the cocoon, it could not survive as a butterfly.

The Lord prepares each of us in similar ways. Some of our childhoods seem to have been harsh and born from a seemingly unloving God. However, the Lord knows our struggle and will make our life an instrument in His hand if we will follow Him with an upright heart. He does make all things beautiful in His time if we are willing to be patient. ...excerpt Os Hillman

On 5/16/2010 at 1:12 PM, MorningGlory said:

What a great post! And I SO agree. We are all struggling but holding on to Him will get us where we want to go. :rolleyes:

When we are going through a fight, we often do not extend why this is happening. However, look at what the four living creatures of Revelation 4:7 were praising:

o   “And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.” (Revelação 4.8).

Perceive that living beings live to proclaim the holiness of the Eternal in all ages. His role is to reconcile the omnipotence of the Eternal with His holiness. Understand: in that each individual goes through some kind of struggle, his tendency is to challenge the goodness of the Eternal. After all, how can a good God allow bad things? Many see the goodness of the Eternal just for the future. However, the role of the four living beings is to show the sanctity of the Eternal both in what we lived, in what we are living and in what is yet to come.

That is, instead of seeing evil in what we are living, we must seek to understand the good purpose of the Eternal for us in this (Romans 8:28).

May Jesus help us to discover in Him what our role is in the midst of so much injustice, evil and suffering around us.