IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

If you go to church on Tuesday between 2:47 and 3:26 AM (Greenwich Time) on a quarter-moon with Aquarius rising and wearing a Washington Redskins jersey, then you are DEFINITELY going to hell!

Otherwise....you'll be OK

:emot-hug:

And if it is a Cowboys jersey? :)

as long as you didn't go to church on Tuesdays between 2:47 and 3:26 AM (Greenwich Time) during the quarter moon in Aquarius rising, then you will be in the front row sitting next to King David (who is a big fan of Tony Romo, btw) and watching the Cowboys play through that hole in the roof of Texas Stadium.

:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

:24::24:

If you go to church on Tuesday between 2:47 and 3:26 AM (Greenwich Time) on a quarter-moon with Aquarius rising and wearing a Washington Redskins jersey, then you are DEFINITELY going to hell!

:whistling:

And if it is a Cowboys jersey? :thumbsup:

as long as you didn't go to church on Tuesdays between 2:47 and 3:26 AM (Greenwich Time) during the quarter moon in Aquarius rising, then you will be in the front row sitting next to King David (who is a big fan of Tony Romo, btw) and watching the Cowboys play through that hole in the roof of Texas Stadium. :24::24:

:P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

A person i have been having some conversations with told me i was not a true Christian because i worship on Sundays and Wensdays. To tell the truth I worship Him everyday. But this guy is very persist and said we should worship on Saturdays because God made that day holy PLEASE help me out :emot-nod::emot-highfive: yours in Christ joe JHN3:30

Got to say that all these posts are great, even the jokes!

I see this two ways. First, the Bible tells us that when two or more are gathered in His name, He will be with them. To this point, I have church every day.

Secondly, church is for stirring up love, good works and for exhorting one another. I try to do this every day with my Brothers and Sisters.

Why is it important to have one particular day?

Here is the point:

Jesus loves you!

He gave His life so you would be free from sin. His burden is light!

He wants what is best for your life because when you have become like Him, He will be able to show His love to those people in your life who need to see Him.

Does He want you to follow rules and regulations? That is legalism. Don't let anyone trap you with religioun no matter how "holy" it might look. If you stay in His Word and listen for His Spirit, you will automatically start doing the things that bless Him because you will become a blessing to others.

His most important desire is that "we" (His Body) would love each other as He loves His Father. He's not wanting to lay a guilt trip on anyone or find some reason to zap them into hell, brothers and sisters.

The greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart...and the second greatest is just like it....love your neighbor as yourself. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and that kind of love will please Him more than keeping every yod and taf of the law apart from love.

It is, in fact, what the law teaches us to do. So relax and find rest in Him. The person who started you on the road to doubt about a particular day being more holy than another needs to know this truth. Maybe God will use you to show them?

:emot-nod:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi all,

I just wanted to add my two cents....

I am a Seventh Day Adventist. While I do understand the reason that the person stated that you are not a Christian if you go to church on Sunday, he/she was definetely wrong.

Most Advenst also go to church on Wednesdays as well...so he/she would not be consistent in their theory.

Seventh Day Adventist believe that the 10 Commandments come as a package deal. They cannot be separated (James 2:10-11). There are possibly 15 million SDA...so it is difficult for everyone to believe and teach the exact same thing. So you will run into SDA's that believe it is wrong to even go to church on a Sunday and then you have others that understand that it's not about the day that you go to church but rather the day that you keep holy according to God's command.

While, I do believe the Bible is clear on this subject, I would never judge anyone that decides to go to church on Sunday.

So my answer is to just pray and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you...then you know you can't be wrong.

Love,

SDA :huh:

Guest djconklin

A person i have been having some conversations with told me i was not a true Christian because i worship on Sundays and Wensdays. To tell the truth I worship Him everyday. But this guy is very persist and said we should worship on Saturdays because God made that day holy PLEASE help me out yours in Christ joe JHN3:30

Shalom Brother and welcome to Worthy!

First off, your friend is incorrect. One's salvation is not determined by what day they attend church. That teaching is a false teaching and not found in the Bible. That is a sign of a cult, BTW, that our salvation is based upon outward works.

Interesting that the guy talks about worshipping on a particular day but the response is about being a member of a specific church!

Joe, tell your friend that in the last days it won't matter which church you go to--God will call all His true children unto Himself (Rev. 18:4). As for which day you go to church that isn't the problem. The question is when do you worship God? God only set one day aside as holy on which to worship him and your friend is correct (if compeletely misguided in his approach) that it is the Sabbath (Saturday).

Edited by djconklin

Guest djconklin
I wonder what your friend would tell a firefighter, policeman, nurse or any other person required to work on saturday.

The Bible says that it is laweful to do good on the Sabvbath. So we have no trouble with any of the above.

Pick one day out of seven to celebrate your sabbath. Refrain from the world on that day, worship and fellowship with other christians and rest yourself from worldly troubles.

The second sentence is very good. God already chose the day to meet with Him and He made it holy and asked you to "remember" to keep it holy as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:emot-questioned:

And if it is a Cowboys jersey? :wub:

Then you are already in hell. :)

I live in bible belt of the south where the majority of our churches are Souther Baptist or Independent Baptist made up of older folks and when I say older folks I'm talking 40 yr. old and up...

And just what do you mean by "older" folks...? :blink:

Kidding!

I hear you, man. Sometimes, a church's service can do more for making up lost sleep than inspiration. :wub:

Keep looking. There's one for you out there.

A word of gentle caution, though....Don't ever compromise true teaching for the excitement of attending a more "lively" church. Some of them out there are like cotton candy: sweet and fluff on the outside but no nutritional value on the inside.

When you do visit new churches, ask for their Statements of Faith and things like that. Read them before the next time you visit and see how closely their service follows their Statement. That will give you a good idea of what it will be like. :huh:

t.

Guest djconklin
The command to rest on the Sabbath is never given to Christians, either by Jesus or by the writers of the Christian Scriptures.

If that was so then why did most Christians as late as the 5th century keep the Sabbath?

Note also: "The primitive Christians had a great veneration for the Sabbath, and spent the day in devotion and sermons. And it is not to be doubted but they derived this practice from the Apostles themselves, as appears by several scriptures to the purpose." "Dialogues on the Lord's Day," p. 189. London: 1701, By Dr. T.H. Morer (A Church of England divine).

Edited by djconklin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Tell those Pharisees to take a hike.

The command to rest on the Sabbath is never given to Christians, either by Jesus or by the writers of the Christian Scriptures.

Anyways, the real Sabbath is Friday evening to Saturday evening, not all day Saturday. :emot-handshake:

My first thought was to quote Exodus 16:23 (cessation of activity, a holy day to honor God, a day of rest for the Pharisees. You are correct that Jesus , again explained in greated detail that the Sabboth was a day of rest for them. But Jesus does not go into great detail that WE should rest on the Sabboth, as HE explains that the Sabboth was designed for man not man for the Sabboth. As I understand Jesus' explanation, "If you have to do something that is more necessary as in a harvest is due or to assist in healing or aiding the sick, or the like Jesus gives us permission. But don't take away the premise that we don't have to "Revere" God at some time in the week. That should be up to the individual and his own personal beliefs on the matter. And Jesus reminds us that "we are to gather two or more together in HIS name" we are reverencing God, be it fellowship, or even what we are doing here on this forum!

Blessings

Cajunboy