George

How the ministry is established on the boards

Shalom my brothers and sisters,

First of all, welcome to our online fellowship. It's our sincere hope that you enjoy your time on our boards. Recently it occurred to me that a great number of people have come into our online fellowship within the past year or so and perhaps you've never clearly understood how the ministry operates. So I'm writing out in full detail just how the Holy Spirit led me to create a system of checks and balances within the ministry to keep everyone accountable to each other. We have a very open and transparent ministry.

First, a little bit about our moderating team. Every moderator on the boards comes from a completely unique and different background. There's no 2 moderators from the same denomination on the boards. Denominations do not play a part in our moderating style because our focus is not on denomination differences but rather our common bond in our Lord and Savior Jesus!

So if you see a thread being pulled or yanked, it's not being pulled or yanked because of a difference in theology, but rather a problem with the spirit of the thread. Of course differences are going to be expressed in any discussion -- but how these differences are voiced is the reasoning for any thread being shut down.

Now every single thread that has been started on Worthy is still in our database. Whenever a thread may disappear from the boards -- they are not deleted, but rather moved to a section hidden where an oversight committee reviews every action of the moderating team.

This is where Worthy Watchman come into play. Worthy Watchman are not moderators, but rather a host of individuals that review every thread that has been removed from the boards. Every time a thread is closed, the moderator posts the reasoning behind why the thread was closed. Any problems with moderator actions are posted and discussed.

Worthy Chat Admins review also act in the same function as Worthy Watchman in reviewing different threads and can voice their objections as well.

So you can see, that every action a moderator takes is not only reviewed by each of the other moderators -- but also every Worthy Watchman and Worthy Chat administrator.

So in essence there's nearly 50 people in moderation -- each playing different roles as a system of checks and balances so that focus is maintained!

May the Lord richly bless you,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Thanks for the background for Worthy Ministries.

I thought it was very helpful!

Kathy

from damo1

thank you George for what you do for worthy i read threw this and every thing is so simple to under stand what you have jotted down for us to read i am praying for you and the moderating teams and may god bless worthy and may he send people that can also finacialy support worthy as well

again keep up the good work guys

I've been here a loooooong time and didn't know this stuff! Thanks George!!!!

Thanks George. And that you for all that you, the admins, and watchmen do to make Worthy the place that it is :24:

thanks George! I would like to add that each topic or post any member adds also serves as a conduit for ministry to come back to the person who posted it in the first place. It's kind of like putting your talent in the bank so you can collect interest on it. If you can enrich the life of your fellow man, he may be able to enrich your life effectively as a result. What goes around comes around! Happy posting and God Bless us all.

Shalom my brothers and sisters,

First of all, welcome to our online fellowship. It's our sincere hope that you enjoy your time on our boards. Recently it occurred to me that a great number of people have come into our online fellowship within the past year or so and perhaps you've never clearly understood how the ministry operates. So I'm writing out in full detail just how the Holy Spirit led me to create a system of checks and balances within the ministry to keep everyone accountable to each other. We have a very open and transparent ministry.

First, a little bit about our moderating team. Every moderator on the boards comes from a completely unique and different background. There's no 2 moderators from the same denomination on the boards. Denominations do not play a part in our moderating style because our focus is not on denomination differences but rather our common bond in our Lord and Savior Jesus!

So if you see a thread being pulled or yanked, it's not being pulled or yanked because of a difference in theology, but rather a problem with the spirit of the thread. Of course differences are going to be expressed in any discussion -- but how these differences are voiced is the reasoning for any thread being shut down.

Now every single thread that has been started on Worthy is still in our database. Whenever a thread may disappear from the boards -- they are not deleted, but rather moved to a section hidden where an oversight committee reviews every action of the moderating team.

This is where Worthy Watchman come into play. Worthy Watchman are not moderators, but rather a host of individuals that review every thread that has been removed from the boards. Every time a thread is closed, the moderator posts the reasoning behind why the thread was closed. Any problems with moderator actions are posted and discussed.

Worthy Chat Admins review also act in the same function as Worthy Watchman in reviewing different threads and can voice their objections as well.

So you can see, that every action a moderator takes is not only reviewed by each of the other moderators -- but also every Worthy Watchman and Worthy Chat administrator.

So in essence there's nearly 50 people in moderation -- each playing different roles as a system of checks and balances so that focus is maintained!

May the Lord richly bless you,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Thank you for providing a safe, balanced and quality site. I have already been sincerely blessed here. I thank God for you providing this establishment through you all.

Thanks for having something like this up and running. It really is a benefit to get different points of view and also different Biblical points of view on different topics. I look forward to being sharpened by all out there. I willing to be someone's piece of iron to use so that I can help another get sharper in the Lord.