• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I believe, without a single doubt, that if this New Age theology keeps being to be preached without anyone speaking out and condemning it will cause irreparable damage to the true church. If anyone doesn't believe me just wait until they convince the public that their theology is the way God intended it and our way is radicalism. When that happens, people who still hold onto faith will finally know what it is really like to be persecuted.

Well... I try to maintain a Nuetral Point Of View when disscussing these things.. I don't thing that the article elabortaed enough on the subject, so I can't truly judge..

All that I can say for sure is that this can be taken many different ways, and in fact that the New-Age spirituality from the quoted book, was possibly misinterpreted (it could also be interpreted correctly).

I think I'd have more to say if the author was willing to speak out on those quotes and their meanings.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My husband and I first started watching Crystal Cathedral years ago but found we were missing something. GOD's Word being taught, so we stopped.

We had accepted Christ as our Savior but all we ever heard was the salvation message (milk). We wanted the meat of GOD's word.We have been studying now for years with a Pastor that teaches GOD's Word chapter by chapter and verse by verse, back to the original manuscript languages, when clarity is needed. I truly believe I have the Holy Spirit within me, a peace of mind that I never had before in my life.

I believe that the biggest enemy to the Many Membered body- The Church, is the biblically illiterate pastors that teach one verse and take it out of context and never get around to teaching all of GOD's word in the simplicity it was written so that a child can understand.. Please take a look at Jeremiah 17:5-10. Will you trust GOD or man? Also please read Jeremiah 23 and find out what GOD thinks of these pastors.

We should not be looking at any book written by any man before we have finished reading GOD's word with understanding. How else will you know what is going to happen in this generation or will you be deceived?

In Matt 4, Satan tempted Christ by twisting scripture. If you read Ezek 28, this is the description of the King of Tyre, another one of Satan's name and you will learn GOD gave him the complete pattern. He is beautiful and very wise, especially in scripture and he is the only one, by name, that has already been judged (EZEK. 28:18.19). The pulpit is a great place for Satan to work against us.

In order to get our gospel armor on (Ephesians 6), we have to be girded with the truth of GOD's word.

If you walk into a church and a pastor gives you a sermon with 1 or2 bible verses then spouts off out of his mouth and doesn't speak GOD's word for the rest of the sermon, hurry and run out of there! Just because thay call themselves a Christian church,doesn't mean they are.

In Matt 24 and ;specifically,Mark 13:5-6, in vs. 5 Jesus said "...Take heed lest any man deceive you (vs. 6) " For many shall come in my name saying " I am Christ and shall deceive many. He is specifically speaking of the Anti- Christ( Satan who comes at the 6th trump, 6th seal and 6th vial) but on another level, replace the word Christ with the word Christian- vs 6 again " for many shall come in my name saying I am Christian and shall deceive many)

Matthew 13 lets you know that you can tell them by the fruit they produce so remember to test their fruit.

Finally, Amos 8:11, " Behold, the days come saith the LORD GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I read a couple of the "Conversations with God" books by Neale Donald Walsch, and they are horrific. If you ever want to read spiritual deception straight from a demon's mouth, take a gander at those books.

Better title: "Conversations with the demonic."

I think Mr Schuller is way too in love with this world.

I wonder how many people could have been fed and clothed with the money that was spent for that gigantic glass ego-stroke of a church.....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

A perfect indication that there are false prophets, false teachers, and wolves in sheeps clothing...seeking to devour whomever it can. We do need to speak out. Fear God!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/03/1992

I don't know anything about the Crystal Cathedral, but I do know it's becoming really complicated to know for sure what is Biblically sound and actually Christian, and what is based in New Age. There are so many books out there marketed to a Christian audience that are completely pro-New Age spirituality. My aunt bought one for me once that she found in the Christianity section of a secular bookstore -- and don't get me wrong you can buy great religious books at secular stores -- but she didn't read it and just assumed it was Biblically based because it was in that section. Anyway, it started out weird and just got worst. The first thing it said was that everybody had an angelic guardian to watch over them, and that you could tell what kind of protection your "angel" was trying to give you by determining the color of your aura. There was something about how the first color that popped into your head in the morning was that day's aura or something. It also said a great way to talk to your "angel" was to meditate and that you could pray to angels to help you with specific tasks. There was a section about everyday miracles too which said that people basically make their own miracles. It also said the crucifixion wasn't real because God didn't require payment for sin and that we are our own Christ because we can make the choice to save ourself and connect with God. It was completely non-Christian. I don't remember the title and obviously the book got returned to the store so I can't check it, but there are plenty of books out there like that. It's very confusing because some of them advice things like crystal healing and praying to spirit guides to get in touch with God, which isn't Biblical at all.