IGNORED

What Would Happen if 20 Million Illegals Left America?

kat8585

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, well now i am really suprized that u got so many to speak out about this and i for one agree that they should be sent back to there home... i get so tired of being somewhere that i have lived all my life and told i need to learn there language, instead of them learning ours.. this is a miner point but one that truly gets to me... i have been made to feel the outsider in my own country... not good.. and i have seen hospital and others things set up for them but here i am a person that has always paid taxes and done what is right. yet i cant get any type of help.. but i will stand on my faith in my God to heal or make a way for me...

God Bless sis vicki

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

And what would happen to those 20 million people?

There would certaintly be some good that would come from getting rid of illegals, but I think the better solution would be to make many of the illegals here today into legal citizens. That way the problems that come from illegal persons working in our system would become a non-issue, as they would all be responsible for paying taxes, getting the same wages, etc.

Of course, on the flip side, many illegal immigrants help keep the prices of goods artificially low. If we had no illegals, expect a slightly steeper cost of living.

And what about the next 20 million? And the next? And the next?

Eventually, there would come a point where our land mass and infrastructure would not be able to support that many. I don't know what the number might be, but let's say.......500 million. How would we handle a doubling of our numbers in just a few short years? :rolleyes:

If you look past the silly accusations of bigotry, racism and other such nonsense, we have real reasons for wanting to keep check on illegals- not the least of which is some form of population control. Instantly adding 20 million to the books might seem all good and well in some people's eyes, but how would you have the leg to stand on if you tried to deny the same to the next 20 million came through the fence? Or 50 million for that matter?

Population control is only one piece of the pie. We still have to think about unchecked diseases, the burden on our infrastructure in places like hospitals, schools, etc. Then, we have the ol' security thing to worry about.

So no, I don't think instantly adding 20 million to the books figuratively overnight would be a good idea. It would set a precedence for future nightmares because we wouldn't have a legal right to stand on. It could, possibly, turn into an open door for future population explosions. I know that sounds a bit excessive, but we thought the same thing just a few short years ago, remember? No one thought that we would ever come to the point that we are at now. Today, we must take control of a situation that no one wanted to pay attention to years ago. Now, we have to deal with it. This is something that some people don't even think about sometimes.

Simply add the 20 million? I don't agree. I say, send them back tomorrow and let them wait in line until we can process them accordingly. In the mean time, they can try to make a living in their own country. Lots of people all over the world do it every day. We can take a look into the extreme hardship cases first, and then move on to the ones wh simply just want to come. But when you consider the impact of such an increase in those kinds of numbers to our country, we have to have a system in place to act as a metering device.

In fact, we already do. It's called the law. All we have to do is make sure it's followed once in a while. :whistling:

t.

If it were possible to send them all back tomorrow, I would agree with you. Thats just not going to happen though. You build a 30 foot wall and I will show you a 30 foot ladder. If there are jobs here for them, they are going to come up and work them. Over the last year or so, the numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the border has dropped. That drop directly corresponds to a drop off in new home construction nation wide. Here we see less jobs for them here, and thus less illegal aliens crossing the border looking for work. The key is to go after the employers. I am just not going to fault someone who comes up here to work and have a better life. Should they go through the legal channels? Yes of course, but I think that most of us on here if we were in their shoes would do the same thing if we could. We need to go after these bums that knowingly hire them. If it were not for them, there would not be an estimated 12 million undocumented workers here in the states right now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

ummm, i hate to tell you this but most of them probably aren't under the Christian influence in the united states. in fact, i'd say most americans aren't under the Christian influence of this country, because quite frankly, this country is NOT a christian influence to begin with. i'm speaking as a whole. sure, we call ourselves a christian nation, and claim to have something like 80% of our population identifying themselves as christians, but a pretty good portion of that 80% have little more than an abstract concept of God rather than having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

furthermore, it's not like there are no churches in mexico.

That is true of course, we do live in a sort of pseudo-Christian area (both the US and Canada). Although I still have to think they would be more likely to be saved in the US than in Mexico (I don't know this of course, I've never been to Mexico). That's all it really comes down to for me, if mexican illegals get saved in the US, then let them come. If there is no difference in terms of how many come to Jesus between those in Mexico and those in the US, then tighten border controls.

Hi, well now i am really suprized that u got so many to speak out about this and i for one agree that they should be sent back to there home... i get so tired of being somewhere that i have lived all my life and told i need to learn there language, instead of them learning ours.. this is a miner point but one that truly gets to me... i have been made to feel the outsider in my own country... not good.. and i have seen hospital and others things set up for them but here i am a person that has always paid taxes and done what is right. yet i cant get any type of help.. but i will stand on my faith in my God to heal or make a way for me...

God Bless sis vicki

welcome to worthy vicki... hang around, this topic is brought up fairly often. it's one of the most discussed subjects here, right behind homosexuality and the debate between OSAS and non-OSAS people. (once saved always saved).

and we're usually a pretty outspoken bunch on all of those issues. they often turn into miniature wars.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

My husband comes from a small city in north carolina that is overrun by illegals from Mexico. Absolutely no English. It's sad. They turely believe we should learn their language. I don't be thinking so. I have told more than one if it is so bad here then go home!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The thing is that if all 20 million where made legal, America would be bombarded endlessly with foreigners wanting free citizen ship WITHOUT the responsibilities that comes with being a U.S. citizen.

Kindness often gets taken advantage of by people with ill intentions.

Sometimes, kindness can be a weakness when it's not tampered with reason & common sense.

I'm not meaning to seem rude nor harsh, but reality has a way of throwing wrenches into human kindness & compassion.

Life has taught me that kindness & compassion is honorable, just & the right thing to do, as long as you keep your brain about you!

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

And what would happen to those 20 million people?

There would certaintly be some good that would come from getting rid of illegals, but I think the better solution would be to make many of the illegals here today into legal citizens. That way the problems that come from illegal persons working in our system would become a non-issue, as they would all be responsible for paying taxes, getting the same wages, etc.

Of course, on the flip side, many illegal immigrants help keep the prices of goods artificially low. If we had no illegals, expect a slightly steeper cost of living.

And what about the next 20 million? And the next? And the next?

Eventually, there would come a point where our land mass and infrastructure would not be able to support that many. I don't know what the number might be, but let's say.......500 million. How would we handle a doubling of our numbers in just a few short years? :rolleyes:

If you look past the silly accusations of bigotry, racism and other such nonsense, we have real reasons for wanting to keep check on illegals- not the least of which is some form of population control. Instantly adding 20 million to the books might seem all good and well in some people's eyes, but how would you have the leg to stand on if you tried to deny the same to the next 20 million came through the fence? Or 50 million for that matter?

Population control is only one piece of the pie. We still have to think about unchecked diseases, the burden on our infrastructure in places like hospitals, schools, etc. Then, we have the ol' security thing to worry about.

So no, I don't think instantly adding 20 million to the books figuratively overnight would be a good idea. It would set a precedence for future nightmares because we wouldn't have a legal right to stand on. It could, possibly, turn into an open door for future population explosions. I know that sounds a bit excessive, but we thought the same thing just a few short years ago, remember? No one thought that we would ever come to the point that we are at now. Today, we must take control of a situation that no one wanted to pay attention to years ago. Now, we have to deal with it. This is something that some people don't even think about sometimes.

Simply add the 20 million? I don't agree. I say, send them back tomorrow and let them wait in line until we can process them accordingly. In the mean time, they can try to make a living in their own country. Lots of people all over the world do it every day. We can take a look into the extreme hardship cases first, and then move on to the ones wh simply just want to come. But when you consider the impact of such an increase in those kinds of numbers to our country, we have to have a system in place to act as a metering device.

In fact, we already do. It's called the law. All we have to do is make sure it's followed once in a while. :rolleyes:

t.

If it were possible to send them all back tomorrow, I would agree with you. Thats just not going to happen though. You build a 30 foot wall and I will show you a 30 foot ladder. If there are jobs here for them, they are going to come up and work them. Over the last year or so, the numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the border has dropped. That drop directly corresponds to a drop off in new home construction nation wide. Here we see less jobs for them here, and thus less illegal aliens crossing the border looking for work. The key is to go after the employers. I am just not going to fault someone who comes up here to work and have a better life. Should they go through the legal channels? Yes of course, but I think that most of us on here if we were in their shoes would do the same thing if we could. We need to go after these bums that knowingly hire them. If it were not for them, there would not be an estimated 12 million undocumented workers here in the states right now.

I know it's not possible to send all 20 million home over night, and that it will never happen. But, in the strictest sense of the idea, that's what I think should happen. We all know that it won't happen, though.

Perhaps there is another way....

If even just a few hundred thousand of them were willing to join the military for, say, 4 years and serve honorably, I think that would good faith in their perspective new nation's eyes. If some of them were willing to serve, I'd be willing to welcome them with open arms. In fact, a very small number of them do, but they do it the legal, honest way. They apply for naturalization, and then can serve for up to 8 years. By then, their citizenship is usually finalized and they can choose to do what any other American can do in life.

While I was in Korea some years ago, I served with someone from Portugal who did this very thing. I thought it was a great idea, and he served honorably, too. To me, he earned his citizenship more than most I could think of, and even more than a lot of American-born citizens I can think of. It's not that I think everyone should serve to justify their existence, but his zeal and hope to become a naturalized citizen was apparent and appreciated by all of us in that unit.

That man didn't slip under a fence, he did it the way it's supposed to be done, just like thousands of others do each year, whther they are in the military or not.

My only point is that I think there is a better way than to look the other way for years from the problem, and then all of the sudden decide that the best way to deal with it is to simply wave the magic wand and POOF....instant Americans!

I think it's a political ploy, in part, by certain politicians who stand to benefit from this situation. I think we should be going after these politicians for letting it get this far gone, along with the business owners who employ illegals.

These worthless politicians who have created this mess deserve to be brought up on charges of willful neglect of office, if there is such a charge. They have created this mess and looked the other way while our nation has almost buckled under the weight of their treachery.

I do not think that the current problem has come by random chance. It was a designed ploy by some who felt that they can exploit the potential votes of the illegals once they were deemed "legal". The trouble is, I think it even grew beyond what some of them thought it might. It's gotten so out of hand now that our nation is poised to suffer greatly. In fact, it already has.

Anyway, that's just a small way in which this stuff irks me.

Someone above related to us the story of her husband's town in North Carolina. She's not exaggerating in the least. I see the same thing all around me in my town, and in many towns nearby. I can only imagine what it's like in other states like Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California.

North Carolina has become so infested by illegals that many other states now do not even accept the North Carolina Driver's License as legitimate identification. That is a sad fact. Because the problem has grown so deep, and because our politicians have grown so corrupt and gave away licenses to illegals, my license is no longer worth a carrot when it comes to legal identification in many other states. I would literally have to pull out my SS card, birth certificate, or other forms of ID if I wanted to move and get a license in another state should the situation ever arise.

How sad it is that we have come to this point.

But, like you said, give me a 30 ft wall and you'll show me a 30 ft ladder. Personally, I think that many politicians will give them a 50 ft ladder, and many other things to help them on their way, too. Along with your analogy, we can apply the same to the situation of going after those that employ illegals. Show me a business that get's busted for the practice, and I'll show you 3 more that will take it's place.

I don't know what the practical answer is, but it should start with going after the leaders who have turned a intentional blind eye to the growing mess over the past 30 years or so. Start there at the voting booth, and the rest may get the message. Continue on with the pursuit of the employers, and maybe people will get the idea.

Just my few thoughts on the matter.

t.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Er... there will be twenty million less illegals here?

All one needs to do is look at Europe and see the changing demographics. That's what lax immigration and amnesty brings.

Guest Robert R

The day 20 million illegals are deported would be a day of jubilee. We would be rid of 20 million criminals. The elimination of 20 million criminals, how wonderful.

i suppose everyone heard about the hooplah surrounding the deportation of a family of illegals whose teenage son was caught with dope in his backpack at school.... i'm astounded that the principal was irate about the INS intruding in school affairs.