• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

To assume that the phrase "sons of God" in one context means they same as it does in a different context is a presumption.

In Luke 3 we find a geneology for Jesus, the Son of God. In this geneology, Adam is also called the son of God. Context is needed, not just a similarity in phrasiolgy.

It is not possible for one species to procreate with another in God's creation. God's order is for each to reproduce "after his own kind".

Some of us have been watcing too many sci-fi flix. It all makes for a fascination story, it just isn't in God's order. Angels are asexual according to Jesus. Demons will take on a sexual persona as part of their seductive nature to snare someone, but they themselves so not procreate.

Greg.

OoOouuuuuuu, are you going to be surprised in a couple of years when we start doing exactly what you say is impossible. Genetic studies today are already starting to cross different species into hybreds. They did it in the days of Noah and just as in the days of Noah we are about to do it again.

Dear Sam:

Sounds like we may be thinking somewhat alike. Are you aware of this Scripture {I noticed it a few years ago}?

Dan 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re male and female demons. male and female "Gods" and "Goddesses"-few tiny examples--Astoreth, Diana, Baal, Beelzebub...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I gently but firmly move the intent I had re this chain-focussing on "Days of Noah" and what The Lord Jesus told us to look for. Now, ASSUMING we are close to/in/at tail end of that time prophesied. Consider The Holy Bible as a history book with the new heavens and earth already existing with eternity future with us here in the history described. What should we be doing?

What did Lot do in Sodom?

Whether the "sons of God" then were some kind of fallen angels or godly line of Seth or or or. The current state of reality has unclean spirits, demons, principalities, powers, kosmokrators, the devil, etc. to deal with. Maybe this tiny piece of data would help focus us {according to a local Roman Catholic priest that I asked this year, this account is true}:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/42/story_4278_1.html

Father Amorth was not present at the papal exorcism, but said he had performed an exorcism on the girl the previous day. Father Amorth said that after the girl met with the pope, Bishop Danzi and he performed another exorcism that lasted for two hours.

During that exorcism, the priest said, the demon mocked the pope, saying, "Not even your [church] head can send me away."

"This is a case where the possession is very, very strong," said Father Amorth, founder and president of the International Association of Exorcists.

"From what can be foreseen by us exorcists, it will take years of exorcisms" for the girl to be fully cured, he said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please let us not get off topic here about Roman Catholicism/Pope/antichirst/Rome city in book of Revelation, etc

Please let us focus on the magnitude of EVIL that appears to be increasing worldwide and the almost unbelievable suffering.

In large part unrelieved/ignored while the world seems to me to be more and more Sodom-like, maybe especially the USA.

Chattering, being "entertained to death"{got that from Rod Parsley's "Silent No More" book recently published}.

For example-in 1999 was reported babies being aborted, drowned when abortions didn't work, then having their body parts sold around the world. True. This was the Scripture I was led to back then:

Jer 2:9

Maybe this will help:

* From a taping I made from a radio program in 1999-Malachi Martin had just died {author of a number of books, Vatican expert, exorcist,...}. They had a program from 1996. Malachi covered many topics but one point he made about needing to be a certain age to realize what was happening, that the younger generations simply could not see it. He was 76 in 1996.

approx :"the majority of the public is being dulled...like a slowly boiling frog...heat water slowly enough frog will not jump out and end up cooked." Makes me think of what Jesus said about the "snare" {trick, stratagem-see end of this post}:

Luk 21:34

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

2 Corinthians 6:17-18

"Wherefore come out from among them, and
be ye separate
, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I believe the Bible solves the referenced passage of scripture with relative ease through study and some scriptural background.

In Genesis 3:15 we read the following words:

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between
thy
seed
and
her
seed
; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

There are two "seeds" in this passage, the seed of the Woman and the seed of the Serpent. The Bible writers, under the divine revelation of the Holy Spirit, carry forward this idea through the entire Bible.

The point of the Old Testament is not the nation of Israel, though they are an integral part of the story, but the point of the scripture is the "Seed." Jesus Christ is the promised Seed who was to "bruise" (or crush

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Racing4Home:

Don't want to be negative-seems like your analysis was top quality. But you didn't address the other Scriptures that the various posters pointed out in Genesis 6:1- and elsewhere {2Peter, Jude, etc.}. Crossbreeding/hybrids/giants/angels that did not keep their first estate,...

But today- the "sons of the Evil one"-devil- are demon possessing "sons of God" as well as other creatures. Just like in Jesus' day. The fit between Genesis chapter 6 and today is what chain is about and Jesus' warning to be watching for that and what to be DOing. Part of it:

Gen 6:11

Guest billyjoebob
Dear Racing4Home:

Don't want to be negative-seems like your analysis was top quality. But you didn't address the other Scriptures that the various posters pointed out in Genesis 6:1- and elsewhere {2Peter, Jude, etc.}. Crossbreeding/hybrids/giants/angels that did not keep their first estate,...

But today- the "sons of the Evil one"-devil- are demon possessing "sons of God" as well as other creatures. Just like in Jesus' day. The fit between Genesis chapter 6 and today is what chain is about and Jesus' warning to be watching for that and what to be DOing. Part of it:

Gen 6:11

Guest billyjoebob

First time poster and it appears that I might have accidently stolen someone elses post. I'm sorry. Question, please. Where, in Scripture, does it say, or indicate, that demons are fallen angels? I hear it often but is it Scriptural or is it an assumption that has been passed down from "prophetic" teachers?

Guest Greg Davies
First time poster and it appears that I might have accidently stolen someone elses post. I'm sorry. Question, please. Where, in Scripture, does it say, or indicate, that demons are fallen angels? I hear it often but is it Scriptural or is it an assumption that has been passed down from "prophetic" teachers?

This understanding that demons are fallen angels comes from a series of scriptures which give this general narrative: Lucifer, an annointed cherub, perfect in beauty, became lifted up in pride and exalted himself against God. He enlisted a third of the angels in heaven in his rebellion and they were all cast down to earth and confined here. Lucifer became known as satan and the "fallen angels" became his demons. Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28, Luke 10:18, Rev 12:4, Jude 6, Ephesians 6:12.

Greg.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Good question. I don't think I have ever found where in scripture that it says that demons are fallen angels although that is what I believe and I believe it because of all of the scriptures that tell us what happens to men when we die. And the bible says nothing at all about demons being the souls of men.

We know by scripture that there are three groups of angels which are those that are in prison, those which were cast down to cast down to earth and those who are the heavenly host.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My point here-hard to bear or think about, but appears that the female and male demons mentioned in the Scriptures

Incorrect. The angels are asexual beings. Demons are fallen angels.

Matthew 22

Jesus answered and said to them,