IGNORED

The seven seals

Isa

Opening of the seven seals  

20 members have voted

1. 1. do you think the seven seals are opened before the seven trumpets are played

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • indifferent

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

The meaning of the horses

Here is what I believe the seven seals are.

1st seal-rider on a white horse.

Revelation 6:2

I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

I believe the rider of this white horse is antichrist, he has a bow in his hand (which generally resembles war) but no arrows, so he comes bringing a peace which the world will except. (daniel 9:24:27)

2nd seal- rider on a red horse.

Revelation 6:4

4Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

The red dipicts blood maybe speaking of war (mat 24:7). God will grant the horse and rider the power to cause a worldwide war. Which are only birth pains, (God's wrath) (Matthew 24:8; Mark 13:7,8; Luke 21:9) (Daniel 8:24).

3rd seal- rider on a black horse.

Revelation 6:5-6

5When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

I believe the rider of this red horse brings world wide famine. The world wide war will destroy all the food supply, which will cause a global hunger (famine). The scales represent the scarcity of food and there will be rationing of the food. It will cost a days wages to feed a small family.

4th seal-rider on a pale horse.

Revelation 6:7,8

7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Pale in the Greek 5515 in Strong's concordence (chloros) "green".

The rider of this horse has been granted with the power to bring death on 25% of the world's population. Hades is the place of the dead, so death and hades generally come hand in hand.( Luke 16:23,Revelation 20:13-15)

Death is the condition and hades is the place of the dead.

5th seal

Revelation 6:9-11

9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

I believe these souls under the altar are all the saints who had been martyred for their faith in Jesus Christ, they seek God's vengance on the world. God tells them to wait a little while longer until their fellow servants are killed as they were is complete. Tribulation period (another topic of discussion).

sixth seal

Revelation 6:12-17

12I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

I believe the five previous seals before this seal are what come before the full fury of the Day of the Lord which starts on the sixth seal. The sixth seal unleashes the seventh, which contains the seven trumpet judgements.

Then the people realize who it is that is causing their trouble and they want to hide from the Lamb. You can not hide from the Lamb of God.

This is what I believe.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

I believe the rider of this white horse is antichrist, he has a bow in his hand (which generally resembles war) but no arrows, so he comes bringing a peace which the world will except. (daniel 9:24:27)

4Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

The red dipicts blood maybe speaking of war (mat 24:7). God will grant the horse and rider the power to cause a worldwide war. Which are only birth pains, (God's wrath) (Matthew 24:8; Mark 13:7,8; Luke 21:9) (Daniel 8:24).

5When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

I believe the rider of this red horse brings world wide famine. The world wide war will destroy all the food supply, which will cause a global hunger (famine). The scales represent the scarcity of food and there will be rationing of the food. It will cost a days wages to feed a small family.

7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The rider of this horse has been granted with the power to bring death on 25% of the world's population. Hades is the place of the dead, so death and hades generally come hand in hand.( Luke 16:23,Revelation 20:13-15)

5th seal

9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

I believe these souls under the altar are all the saints who had been martyred for their faith in Jesus Christ, they seek God's vengance on the world. God tells them to wait a little while longer until their fellow servants are killed as they were is complete. Tribulation period (another topic of discussion).

sixth seal

12I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

I believe the five previous seals before this seal are what come before the full fury of the Day of the Lord which starts on the sixth seal. The sixth seal unleashes the seventh, which contains the seven trumpet judgements.

Then the people realize who it is that is causing their trouble and they want to hide from the Lamb. You can not hide from the Lamb of God.

This is what I believe.

I did some hardcore research on the whole seven seal, trumpet, and vials. I do believe that the seven seals are opened before the trumpets are sounded and the viols/bowls are poured out because when the first seal is opened up the antichrist who rides on the white horse is revealed which is at the beginning of the seven years. But as for the rest I can not in good concience say they are done in any particular order or time.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

the book is sealed, right? things in the book cannot occur until the seals are off, i think. it is a great thing to open the seals - all are grateful and rejoice. Jesus began to open the seals upon his ascension as far as my knowledge goes. we are awaiting only the 6th. this seems to be the biblical reading of the matter. i would go so far as to say that all the seals are off except i would have to think that the quake was localized and it doesn't appear to be from the reading.

5th seal

sixth seal

This is what I believe.

I did some hardcore research on the whole seven seal, trumpet, and vials. I do believe that the seven seals are opened before the trumpets are sounded and the viols/bowls are poured out because when the first seal is opened up the antichrist who rides on the white horse is revealed which is at the beginning of the seven years. But as for the rest I can not in good concience say they are done in any particular order or time.

Hi Massorite,

I believe they are played out in order if we look at the second seal war breaks out after the peace.

Matthew 24:15-21

the book is sealed, right? things in the book cannot occur until the seals are off, i think. it is a great thing to open the seals - all are grateful and rejoice. Jesus began to open the seals upon his ascension as far as my knowledge goes. we are awaiting only the 6th. this seems to be the biblical reading of the matter. i would go so far as to say that all the seals are off except i would have to think that the quake was localized and it doesn't appear to be from the reading.

Please explain your theory on Jesus opening the scrolls upon His ascention. I haven't heard that one before.

5th seal

sixth seal

This is what I believe.

Hi Massorite,

I believe they are played out in order if we look at the second seal war breaks out after the peace.

5th seal

sixth seal

This is what I believe.

Hi Massorite,

5th seal

sixth seal

This is what I believe.

Hi Massorite,

5th seal

sixth seal

This is what I believe.

Hi Massorite,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know this is not the topic of the thread, but I disagree with the interpretation that the first seal is the unleashing of the Anti-Christ. It seems out of place to have the first rider be an actual person, and the other 3 to be symbols. Likewise, there appears to be no correlation between the rider on the white horse and the Beast that arises from the sea (ch. 13).

It makes sense that the first seal is a false peace, the spirit of conquest, or even a holy war. But the Anti-Christ? The correlations do not exist.