IGNORED

What are the "keys: of the Kingdom of Heaven?

Guest Mark Alexander

Guest Mark Alexander

What are the "keys: of the Kingdom?

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mark

as for me? i do not know. to me, this is the #1 most mysterious verse in the bible! i can only rely on what has worked for me in the past. it seems that whenever i am spiritually or mentally or emotionally ready to handle any new truths of God, they come clear. there will come an 'aha!' moment when i will think "wow, that was so simple, i can't believe i didn't understand it sooner!" i expect it will be the same with this one, sooner or later. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

There are two keys to the kingdom of the heavens (See my comments regarding the kingdom of the heavens in your other thread, Mark.) according to the Biblical history. The first key was used by Peter on the day of Pentecost to open the gate of the kingdom to the Jewish believers (Acts 2:38-42); and the second key was also used by Peter in the house of Cornelius to open the gate of the kingdom to the Gentile believers (Acts 10:34-48).

Also read: Isa. 22:22; Rev. 3:7

Guest shiloh357

The "Keys to the Kingdom" referred in ancient Israel to rabbinic authority.

Whenever a Rabbi felt his disciples were ready to take on the role of Rabbi/Torah teacher, they would lay their hand upon the the head of the disciple and say something similar to "I give to you keys to the Kingdom. The "keys" where rabbinic authority was concerned pertained to the authority to teach, legislate and judciate. Rabbis would teach the Torah, they would establish laws for the community and they would sit as magistrates in what was known as a "Bet Din" or "house of judgment. People would bring their disputes to the Bet Din. The Jewish people did not customarily take their disputes to Gentile courts. They settled their disputes "in house." The binding and loosing pertained to the right to legislate and judiciate. Whatever you permit on earth is permitted in heaven and whatever you forbid on earth is forbidden in heaven. Jesus was giving Peter the authority to make decision for the Messianic community, just as He did with the other apostles as well.

Jesus, who was a bonafide Rabbi and Torah teacher, was ordaining Peter as a Rabbi and one of the first Rabbis of the Messianic community in Israel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That's neat! :emot-hug:

Thanks, Shiloh!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/11/1949

There are two keys to the kingdom of the heavens (See my comments regarding the kingdom of the heavens in your other thread, Mark.) according to the Biblical history. The first key was used by Peter on the day of Pentecost to open the gate of the kingdom to the Jewish believers (Acts 2:38-42); and the second key was also used by Peter in the house of Cornelius to open the gate of the kingdom to the Gentile believers (Acts 10:34-48).

Also read: Isa. 22:22; Rev. 3:7

This was sooo cool. I have read that verse before, or remember it anyway, but I guess I never wondered about it. There are so many things to discover in the Word. I will never stop learning. I sooo can't wait to go to Heaven.

Guest Greg Davies

Mark

In order to see, perceive, and enter the Kingdom you must born again, born of the water and Spirit (John 3) You are born of the Spirit at salvation (Titus 3:5) and born of the water at water baptism (Rom 6). Those are the first two keys. The third is the gift of the Holy Spirit.

All three are described by Peter in Acts 2:38. Being born again gets you in and the gift of the H.S. gives you the power to function in the Kingdom.

Greg.

The Keys Of The Kingdom

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Is The Word Of God

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

And The Foolishness Of Preaching

"Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." 1 Corinthians 1:20-21

:24:

:wub::24::th_praying:

You Are Too Funny Cousin

"The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." Psalms 2:2-4

Prowling The Halls Of Worthy

Looking To Snatch Folk Away From Their Lord Jesus

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber." John 10:1

Even Believers Still Within The RC Church

Belong To No Man Except The LORD Jesus Christ

"Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." John 10:7-11

I Am Both Privileged And Honored To Know Folk Both Within And Out Of The RC Tradition

Who Love The Lord Jesus And Who Only Teach The Truth.

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2:2

Their Priceless Faith Is God-Given

And Excludes The Idol Worship Of Men And Of Their Traditions.

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 16:25

Here Is A Link To Just One Of Many Brothers And Sisters I Hold Near And Dear

http://www.bereanbeacon.org/

My Prayer Is For You To Truly See THE LORD Jesus

And To Believe On Him Alone

And Be Saved

:whistling:

If God Should Grace You With The Truth

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Please Come Back And Tell The Folks At Worthy So They Can Share In Your Joy

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalms 126:5-6

:laugh:

See Jesus

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:14-15

Believe

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:16-17

And Be Saved

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18

Jesus Saves The Church

"Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." Acts 2:47

And Hates The Deeds

"But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate." Revelation 2:6

And The Doctrine

"So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate." Revelation 2:15

Of Those Who Lord It Over The Laity His Church

"Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances," Colossians 2:18-20

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD OF LORDS

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Love, Your Brother Joe

Jesus, who was a bonafide Rabbi and Torah teacher, was ordaining Peter as a Rabbi and one of the first Rabbis of the Messianic community in Israel.

Thank You Dear Brother!

What A Blessing You Are!

And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
1 Thessalonians 5:13

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

The "Keys to the Kingdom" referred in ancient Israel to rabbinic authority.

Whenever a Rabbi felt his disciples were ready to take on the role of Rabbi/Torah teacher, they would lay their hand upon the the head of the disciple and say something similar to "I give to you keys to the Kingdom. The "keys" where rabbinic authority was concerned pertained to the authority to teach, legislate and judciate. Rabbis would teach the Torah, they would establish laws for the community and they would sit as magistrates in what was known as a "Bet Din" or "house of judgment. People would bring their disputes to the Bet Din. The Jewish people did not customarily take their disputes to Gentile courts. They settled their disputes "in house." The binding and loosing pertained to the right to legislate and judiciate. Whatever you permit on earth is permitted in heaven and whatever you forbid on earth is forbidden in heaven. Jesus was giving Peter the authority to make decision for the Messianic community, just as He did with the other apostles as well.

thank you very much ---- aha!